PDA

View Full Version : Squirrel Tails

pomtzu
09-17-2014, 01:19 PM
Here are 2 of the squirrel tail cats - these are my two. Princess Leia is the one with her leg hanging off the right side - I can tell by the orange area on her leg. Luke is on the other side, and Harley (the all black boy) was snoozing elsewhere. I know - now you want to see faces - right?? Okay - that comes next - but seeing how long it took just to get the one pic posted - don't hold your breath too long!!!!! :eek:

To be continued.......................................:D

Karen
09-17-2014, 02:28 PM
Those are mighty impressive tails!

lizbud
09-17-2014, 02:52 PM
That's some furry kitties you have there.:D Neat picture of them. Is Luke the one with his head turned into Lela's head?

pomtzu
09-17-2014, 04:18 PM
Okay - here's more of them at various ages. They were born the end of Nov 2013, so they are still babies at not even 10 months old. But............Luke is bigger than Wolfy already. :eek:

In the first pic - that solid gray one on the right, is actually Leia - who decided she wanted to be a tortie, and not look like a little silver chinchilla. Harley, who is now solid black, looked just like a little silver chinchilla too, when he was a baby.

More pics to come......

pomtzu
09-17-2014, 04:25 PM
A few more - and Wolfy too. Those kitties look nothing like they did as babies.

That's all for now. Hope you enjoyed seeing my furry crew.

pomtzu
09-17-2014, 04:27 PM
Is Luke the one with his head turned into Lela's head?

Yup - that's my BIG boy - as big as Wolfy - and Luke isn't done growing yet ! :eek:

cassiesmom
09-17-2014, 05:12 PM
Hello, handsome Wolfy! Hello, beautiful fluffy, flooffy Harley, Luke and Leia! Hugs and snuggles all around! XOXOXOXO

mrspunkysmom
09-18-2014, 12:05 AM
Wow, Fluffy, and Beautiful.

catmandu
09-18-2014, 09:23 AM
Hell Dog Friend Wolfy!!!:cool::cool:
Those are big Fluffy Tails , the only one that comes even close is Sydney ChristinOfur , and she has to be Maine Coon.
It is great to see a Dog and Cat Dynamic Duo:love::love::love:

Taz_Zoee
09-18-2014, 10:01 AM
Wow! Why have you been hiding these beauties from us?! :p
While they are all adorable, I think I am in love with Luke! He is stunningly handsome!

And in that first pic with the tails.........I think their tails are as big as my entire cats! ;)

Felicia's Mom
09-18-2014, 10:59 AM
Beautiful Cats!:love:

kuhio98
09-18-2014, 11:06 AM
Very impressive tails!
There used to be a Pt'er (I forget who). She had a cat named Rocky with a very long, fluffy tail. If I remember correctly, it was so big, it deserved its own name. They named it Clubber Lang :p after the character in the "Rocky" movies.

pomtzu
09-18-2014, 12:04 PM
Thanks, all. Yes - they really are quite stunning looking. I think that Luke gets bigger by the day. He was 11 lbs several weeks ago when he went for his checkup after getting snipped - and that was at 9 months of age. Harley was 10 lbs and 2 (I think) oz, and Leia was 8 lbs. I say we have a small, medium, and one super-sized! Harley and Luke go back in a couple of weeks for their last round of shots - wonder what they'll weigh then??? :eek:

I'm pretty certain that there is Maine Coon somewhere back in their ancestry - just by their size and their coats - and especially those tails. Mom and Dad are just pretty ordinary looking medium size short hair cats - I'll attach a pic. Dad Chewy is the buff color one, and Mom Penny is the gray and black stripey one!

And if anyone can be of help, and know of someone who would like a lovebug kitty - Mom Penny is available for adoption. She was recently spayed and has had her shots, and needs a furever home. She is about 2 years old. She's a real sweetheart and loves everybody - other cats and dogs included. She is strictly indoors, and will only go outside in the safety of her crate. We would keep her, but it's a full house with the 3 kittens, the 2 older lady cats, and Wolfy. We could even help with transport if necessary.

Hey Elyse - wouldn't you like to have a sweet little girl like Penny??????? ;):D

kaycountrygal
09-18-2014, 09:12 PM
Oh My! I enjoyed the photos of your crew very much. What a lovely handsome group you have. Beautiful!! Thanks for posting the pics.

pomtzu
09-19-2014, 09:33 AM
And if anyone can be of help, and know of someone who would like a lovebug kitty - Mom Penny is available for adoption. She was recently spayed and has had her shots, and needs a furever home. She is about 2 years old. She's a real sweetheart and loves everybody - other cats and dogs included. She is strictly indoors, and will only go outside in the safety of her crate. We would keep her, but it's a full house with the 3 kittens, the 2 older lady cats, and Wolfy. We could even help with transport if necessary.

Hey Elyse - wouldn't you like to have a sweet little girl like Penny??????? ;):D

Good news to report. As I type this, Penny is on her way to her new furever home in NJ. She's gonna be a Jersey Girl! :rolleyes::p Jen's (Penny's owner and my son's girlfriend) cousin is taking her. She (the cousin-not Penny:eek:) has 2 new kittens, so Penny should be very happy there. Finally, after trying since April to find her a good home, she's on her way. :love:

Freedom
09-19-2014, 10:03 AM
Ellie, you have been holding out on us! These kitties should be up on these pages regularly! And you mention 2 older cats, where are they, may I ask???

Those tails, WOW, squirrel tails indeed, lol. I too think there be Maine coon in those genes. What glorious kitties. Nice to see Wolfy as well.

pomtzu
09-19-2014, 10:40 AM
Ellie, you have been holding out on us! These kitties should be up on these pages regularly! And you mention 2 older cats, where are they, may I ask???

Those tails, WOW, squirrel tails indeed, lol. I too think there be Maine coon in those genes. What glorious kitties. Nice to see Wolfy as well.

The 2 older girls are the grumpy old lady twins, who decided that maybe having the kittens around wouldn't be so bad. They are actually more social since the young-uns came on the scene. They are my son's cats - and squirrel tail Harley (blackie) is his too. But ALL of the kitties feel they belong to everyone in the house.

The twins are Misty and Pepper, and until Misty recently lost some weight, I couldn't tell them apart without looking at the different color of their collars - they were that identical. I'll attach a pic, I think it's Pepper but it's an old pic and I can't be positive even by the pink collar.................:rolleyes::eek::D

jenluckenbach
09-19-2014, 06:42 PM
w:eek:w. those are some pretty impressive tail feather dusters. !

Asiel
09-19-2014, 07:38 PM
I'm speechless------ I know I'm not too well versed in cats but I honestly have never seen any cat with huge squirrel tails like yours have. You sure do have a houseful, I hope Wolfie likes cats or he's in trouble :D Love the pictures...

cassiesmom
09-19-2014, 08:01 PM
Mom Penny is the gray and black stripey one!

Dear Pomtzu, I would love to have a sweet girl like Penny, yes I would. But the timing is really bad for me right now. Oh boy, if things were different, though :(

And I would love to be smacked in the face with those beautiful flooffy tails!

Here is Rocky and his tail... http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?72323-Meet-Clubber-Lang&highlight=clubber+lang

pomtzu
09-20-2014, 07:20 AM
Here is Rocky and his tail... http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?72323-Meet-Clubber-Lang&highlight=clubber+lang

Thanks Elyse - that thread definitely was funny. And even tho the 3 crew members here would qualify to have those squirrel tails named - I think we'll pass. I can't even keep "main body" names straight at times, with the 5 cats and a dog. And I still find myself at times calling Wolfy "Myndi" - and referring to him as "her". Either she is subconsciously on my mind - or it's just the mind slipping further away! - or maybe both. :rolleyes::eek::D

phesina
09-25-2014, 05:23 PM
What beautiful TAILS!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!

What a gorgeous family there! :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: