PDA

View Full Version : Funky error

Vette
09-13-2014, 02:05 AM
Ive been getting this error message:

Error 520 Ray ID: 169276fee800051a
Web server is returning an unknown error

ScreenCap of it: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/VettesPetz/error_zps04e16d33.png (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/VettesPetz/media/error_zps04e16d33.png.html)

so far it only does this on Pet Talk an first time ive encountered this error before ever. from anywhere O_o

Karen
09-13-2014, 02:11 AM
The internet has been experiencing various quirks over the past couple days, some due to people attacking various parts of it, I have heard. If you hit "retry for a live version" that usually clears it up.

pomtzu
09-13-2014, 09:28 AM
The internet has been experiencing various quirks over the past couple days, some due to people attacking various parts of it, I have heard. If you hit "retry for a live version" that usually clears it up.

It just happened to me for the first time this a.m. I hit the "retry for a live version", and got right in. Kinda makes you wonder what's going on - with so much in the news lately about hackers, etc. :(

Catty1
09-13-2014, 11:00 AM
The solar flares aren't helping either. So far, no problems here.

phesina
09-13-2014, 02:06 PM
I was getting that a lot the last few days. Not today (so far).

I'm on a library computer again because I still don't have Internet at home.

mrspunkysmom
09-13-2014, 08:47 PM

Yes, I've been getting the same error. I posted on it at FB, but may have deleted.

Those people attacking need something positive to do with their skills.

Vette
09-14-2014, 01:11 AM
Im so glad im not the only one. i was thinking maybe i had a virus on my computer.
im still getting it now an than but not quite as frequent

Karen
09-14-2014, 01:52 AM
Im so glad im not the only one. i was thinking maybe i had a virus on my computer.
im still getting it now an than but not quite as frequent

Yeah, it is hopefully getting taken care of!

Lady's Human
09-14-2014, 02:03 AM
Yes, I've been getting the same error. I posted on it at FB, but may have deleted.

Those people attacking need something positive to do with their skills.

To the governments who are sponsoring the attack it's a veyr positive use of their skills.

Catty1
09-14-2014, 12:02 PM
I got the error yesterday.

mrspunkysmom
09-14-2014, 11:06 PM
To the governments who are sponsoring the attack it's a very positive use of their skills.

I'd say "down with those governments", but we have been exercising retribution half-heartedly lately, so we don't deliver much of a message.

mon
09-14-2014, 11:41 PM
Same here, all better. Yay!

mon
09-14-2014, 11:44 PM
I mean, I had the funky error weird page as well. Just left it alone a couple days, went away...:confused::D

Lady's Human
09-15-2014, 07:21 AM
I'd say "down with those governments", but we have been exercising retribution half-heartedly lately, so we don't deliver much of a message.

Those governments include China and Russia (and a couple "allies"....), I don't think we'd have a very easy time removing them.

Vette
09-15-2014, 11:48 AM
I mean, I had the funky error weird page as well. Just left it alone a couple days, went away...:confused::D

So far that has not worked for me. even after clearing my browser history an computer turned off for the night,, still getting it. i had a heck of a time posting pictures the other day cuz of it. i have noticed the less i use Pet Talk the less i see it though. so maybe it is a error that springs up a lot more up during frequent use

Karen
09-15-2014, 12:19 PM
So far that has not worked for me. even after clearing my browser history an computer turned off for the night,, still getting it. i had a heck of a time posting pictures the other day cuz of it. i have noticed the less i use Pet Talk the less i see it though. so maybe it is a error that springs up a lot more up during frequent use

I have gotten it on various other sites, as well as Pet Talk, so I know it is not just us! That does not make it any less frustrating, though, juts less worrisome!

momoffuzzyfaces
09-15-2014, 03:29 PM
I can usually do one post then get it. I just go off and try again later. I don't click on anything on that notice just in case that was put up by a hacker wanting us to do that and infect our computers that way. I am a suspicious soul!!! :D

lizbud
09-15-2014, 03:54 PM
I got this error message today for the first time. I clicked on the msg, in the upper right corner & got through ok. Strange..............:confused:

Lady's Human
09-15-2014, 04:11 PM
I can usually do one post then get it. I just go off and try again later. I don't click on anything on that notice just in case that was put up by a hacker wanting us to do that and infect our computers that way. I am a suspicious soul!!! :D

That message is a server error notification, most of the time I just hit refresh and whatever site I'm going to comes back.

Taz_Zoee
09-15-2014, 06:06 PM
I've gotten this error on a couple different days. I go out and try to access the site again and it won't work. So I just come back later and it's fine.

Taz_Zoee
09-15-2014, 06:28 PM
Right after I posted the above post I went to click on another link and this error came up! I tried several times to get back in. I eventually just logged in on Firefox and here I am!!

cassiesmom
09-15-2014, 07:31 PM
I'm getting it again today :confused:

Lady's Human
09-15-2014, 08:42 PM
There are still thousands of attacks per hour originating out of China.

Grace
09-15-2014, 10:51 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I've been getting the message only at Pet Talk, and at various times of the day. Not every day, but often enough to concern me.

lizbud
09-16-2014, 12:16 PM
Didn't get the error today, yet. Wonder if this helps...........

https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/200171936-Error-520

sallyandsnowx
09-16-2014, 12:42 PM
I've gotten this error message a lot a couple days ago on Pet Talk and other sites when using Internet Explorer. Since using Google Chrome, I haven't experienced it!

pomtzu
09-16-2014, 02:40 PM
I haven't gotten any today - yet - but it seems I always get it later in the day. PT is the only place I see it, but not every day. It was BAD late yesterday afternoon - almost constant and not just occasionally. I use Firefox, so I don't know if that makes any difference tho - and I don't trust IE for anything!!! I avoid that one like the plague. :eek:

Vette
09-16-2014, 04:47 PM
Still so far it only occurs on Pet Talk for me. prolly cuz i dont do much browsing around anymore :o

Karen
09-16-2014, 05:01 PM
Still so far it only occurs on Pet Talk for me. prolly cuz i dont do much browsing around anymore :o

Yeah, I get it various places, haven't had one today, but will not be surprised if it happens again!

Vette
09-16-2014, 05:19 PM
Yeah im no longer surprised upon seeing it anymore either,, seen it one too many times. betcha i'll get it a time or two if i start browsing deviantArt art though. that place is addicting to me

momoffuzzyfaces
09-17-2014, 03:21 PM
I got it just a bit ago everytime I tried to read a thread. Now back , for a bit anyway. :love:

This was across the top of the Cat of the Day page right above OJ, just a few seconds ago. It is gone now.

This page (http://catoftheday.com/) is currently offline. However, because the site uses CloudFlare's Always Online™ technology you can continue to surf a snapshot of the site. We will keep checking in the background and, as soon as the site comes back, you will automatically be served the live version. Always Online™ is powered by CloudFlare | Hide this Alert

pomtzu
09-17-2014, 03:37 PM
It has been really bad this afternoon - constantly getting the error message. But go figure this - just before I got on here this time, I hit the "retry", and it brought up DOTD for Sept 9th. This is so screwy - and immensely annoying!!!!! :(

Karen
09-17-2014, 03:46 PM
It has been really bad this afternoon - constantly getting the error message. But go figure this - just before I got on here this time, I hit the "retry", and it brought up DOTD for Sept 9th. This is so screwy - and immensely annoying!!!!! :(

Yes, the most frustrating part is there's nothing we can do about it!!!!! Casting dark thoughts toward the perpetrators doesn't seem to have much effect!

snakemama
09-17-2014, 06:15 PM
I get it occasionally, I just come back a few minutes later and it's fine. :)