PDA

View Full Version : Thursday #602 I lost a day!

RICHARD
09-11-2014, 06:21 PM
Gosh, I slept badly last night and for some reason I lost track.

I was tossing and turning last night and was thinking about 9/11 and the days afterwards.

It wasn't until a few minutes ago that I realized that it was Thursday.

I think I'll just leave the thread as it is and let people chime in.

thanks.

Lady's Human
09-11-2014, 06:23 PM
I lost a day or three, it's been a hell of a week.

Pan Galactic gargleblasters for the house!

cassiesmom
09-11-2014, 06:40 PM
Richard, if you find it - please send it to me, because with the holiday last week I need an extra day this week to get things done. Could you give Edward D. Katz and Tucker a pet for me, too, please.

I'm drinking diet Coke because I have a headache and I'm hoping the caffeine will help :confused: along with the ibuprofen I already took.

Karen
09-11-2014, 09:41 PM
There's a great Lucinda Williams song that goes, "I think I lost it
Let me know if you come across it
Let me know if I let it fall
Along a back road somewhere
Money can't replace it
No memory can erase it
And I know I'm never gonna find
Another one to compare ..."

Appropriate N'es pas?

Ginger iced tea is available!

smokey the elder
09-12-2014, 12:57 PM
Yum, that sounds good!

pomtzu
09-12-2014, 01:54 PM
Hmmm - that reminds me of this saying since I apply it to myself at times; I finally got it all together, but then forgot where I put it. :rolleyes: The older I get, the more it seems to apply! :(

Tuna and apple salad anyone?? Help yourself, since there's plenty, and the apples are so good this time of year.

phesina
09-13-2014, 02:03 PM
Thank you, Ellie, I'll have some of that! And that line about having it all together etc. is also true for me.

Karen
09-13-2014, 02:25 PM
Never had tuna and apple salad - I have had Waldorf salad with chicken added in, but not tuna ... I'll try some here at Thursdays, thanks Pomtzu! Yes, definitely apple season ...

pomtzu
09-13-2014, 04:07 PM
Never had tuna and apple salad - I have had Waldorf salad with chicken added in, but not tuna ... I'll try some here at Thursdays, thanks Pomtzu! Yes, definitely apple season ...

I never had it either, till I decided to experiment, and it came out really delish! I just used 2 cans chunk light tuna drained, a little black pepper, some chopped onion, wanted to toss a little chopped celery in but didn't have any, and then last but not least, 2 finely chopped semi tart apples. Held it all together with Miracle Whip since I don't do mayo, and let it chill for a couple of hours. I was actually surprised at how good it tasted, and it was so simple to make.

Lady's Human
09-13-2014, 11:15 PM
Don't remind me about apple season, we're still canning tomatoes!:eek:

pomtzu
09-14-2014, 08:10 AM
Don't remind me about apple season, we're still canning tomatoes!:eek:

LOL. I don't think tuna tomato salad would be very tasty, altho I have had tomatoes stuffed with tuna salad. I think I'll stick with the apples tho.............:eek:

Karen
09-16-2014, 10:12 PM
Ah, the fun of Thursdays, where all tastes are imaginary!

Speaking of apples, I had a yummy grilled cheese with sharp cheddar and apple butter - anyone wanna share?