PDA

View Full Version : Meet Gwen

Digi
09-03-2014, 01:08 AM
Some of you know her as the snotty kitten in cat health. Well here she is!
Shes not very snotty anymore, thanks to some great advice.

I'm not sure of her age as shes not mine, but she is an older kitten. Gwen and Pacasso + Luna the Beagle belong to my roommate. Gwen cannot meow, and when she does try, its so low I can't really hear it nor tell if its even a meow. I've never heard her purr (shes still getting use to me so petting is limited), but she makes these weird chirping noises. Shes always chirping about something, esp during play. I don't know how to explain these noises shes makes, its really weird.

She gets along ok with Cam (my cat), and likes to play with Digi & Charlie (my dogs), sometimes too much. Silly kitten :rolleyes:

As you can see, she has really cool facial markings.

Karen
09-03-2014, 02:48 AM
Aww, welcome to Pet Talk, cutie! We love your mustache! Hey, Jess/Digi - at least she is making some noises! Maine Coons are known chirpers, thought she does not resemble one any other way! When we had a cat Kat one summer, he was dumped out in our neighborhood, and was about half-grown, but he never made any noise when he meowed, just open his mouth! We worried he'd end up barking or whining like a dog, as his best buddy was our Saint Bernard, but toward the end of the summer, he went to meow and a sound came out, which surprised us both! It took a few more before I realized - his "meow" was an excellent mimic of the squeak or cellar door made!

mrspunkysmom
09-03-2014, 06:36 AM
I love that mustache. Welcome to Pet Talk, Gwen! :love:

catmandu
09-03-2014, 09:25 AM
a Big Meeowy Welcome To Pet Talk Gwen from all of us at the Found Cat Hotel and all of our Angels:love::love::love:

phesina
09-03-2014, 10:33 AM
Dear Gwen, welcome to Pet Talk! We have a great group of cats and people and other pets here, and you will love it.

You are a beautiful Tuxedo! Your mustache is a lot like that of my dear RB boy Sydney.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

kaycountrygal
09-03-2014, 12:20 PM
Hello Gwen and Gwen's human, Welcome. Gwen certainly is unusual looking with her mustache. I smiled when I saw her photos. Hope you post often with photos. My babies are in my sig below.... Kay in North Carolina

cassiesmom
09-03-2014, 02:50 PM
Awww, Gwen! What a pretty girl you are! Welcome to PT!

Digi
09-03-2014, 05:26 PM
Dear Gwen, welcome to Pet Talk! We have a great group of cats and people and other pets here, and you will love it.

You are a beautiful Tuxedo! Your mustache is a lot like that of my dear RB boy Sydney.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Is a Tuxedo the name of the markings? Mostly black body with a white chest?
I'm not very cat savvy, and not really a cat person. Yet I live with 3 of the furry monsters lol :p

Digi
09-03-2014, 05:31 PM
Hello Gwen and Gwen's human, Welcome. Gwen certainly is unusual looking with her mustache. I smiled when I saw her photos. Hope you post often with photos. My babies are in my sig below.... Kay in North Carolina

Thank you.

I'm fairly busy running the rescue, esp with the turtle hospital being as full as it is (not good). I've been going to bed about 3am daily for weeks, and I have to get up at 8:20am to start the drive to my paying job lol So I tend to pop into PT from time to time.

I cannot post a sig of all the animals, as it would take a few pages worth to get them all in. There are 3 cats, 3 dogs, 10 frogs, less then 10 snakes, and over 130 turtles :eek:

cassiesmom
09-03-2014, 06:44 PM
I'm not very cat savvy, and not really a cat person. Yet I live with 3 of the furry monsters lol :p

Yep, and four white pawsies too! Gwen, you are a purr-fect tuxedo kitty!

phesina
09-04-2014, 12:10 PM

Yes, that's the name of that kind of marking on a cat. The cat is always wearing a "tuxedo" and ready for formal events!

:love::love::love::love::love::love:

momcat
09-05-2014, 09:42 AM
Nice to meet you, Gwen :) I love your mustache - what a face! Sending you lots of lovies :love:

Digi
09-06-2014, 02:43 PM
Yes, that's the name of that kind of marking on a cat. The cat is always wearing a "tuxedo" and ready for formal events!

:love::love::love::love::love::love:

She needs a tie

Karen
09-06-2014, 03:08 PM
Yes, she is a tuxedo cutie! She has not only the white "shirtfront, but the white "spats" - those little white paws! You will have to keep an eye out on any yard sales or whatever for bow ties for her!

katladyd
09-06-2014, 03:24 PM
Hi, Gwen! Welcome to PT! You are a very pretty tuxie kitty girl.:love:

momcat
09-06-2014, 03:30 PM
Yes, she is a tuxedo cutie! She has not only the white "shirtfront, but the white "spats" - those little white paws! You will have to keep an eye out on any yard sales or whatever for bow ties for her!

I've seen ties for kitties at our PetCo. Maybe places like that would have the purrfect tie for the adorable Miss Gwen though I don't know how much cuter she could possibly be.