PDA

View Full Version : Internet is going bye-bye.. It's gone now.

phesina
08-30-2014, 09:20 AM
My apartment complex has had free WiFi for the last few months. Unfortunately, that is being cancelled as of August 31, so I guess that means it stops tonight or some time tomorrow.

I have not been able to arrange anything else yet, especially with all this carpet replacement stuff going on in my apartment and my upcoming back surgery, so I won't be able to get on to Pet Talk much. I will try to get to the library when I can, though they're closed on Labor Day. I'm also going to trytaking my laptop to Starbucks and getting online there.

Pat and cats :love::love::love::love::love:

kaycountrygal
08-30-2014, 09:47 AM
Sat 8.30.14
I hope you're still connected today and can see this note. We'll miss you. I hope your back surgery goes well. Good Luck!

phesina
08-30-2014, 10:32 AM
Still here so far.Thank you, Kay!

:love::love::love::love::love::love:

Karen
08-30-2014, 10:36 AM
We hope you find a solution! Are you friends with any of the other people in the building? Maybe someone would be willing to be a wifi hotspot if other contributed a little money to him or her every month?

mbsmum
08-30-2014, 10:58 AM
Good luck with your back surgery dear Pat.

mrspunkysmom
08-30-2014, 11:11 AM
Hugs for everything. Good luck with the back surgery. Check in when you can.

kuhio98
08-30-2014, 11:19 AM
Pat ~ If you still don't have it while you're going through surgery, I hope one of your friends will give us updates -- and print out our messages of support. :)

momoffuzzyfaces
08-30-2014, 03:24 PM
We will miss you a lot!!! Prayers and well wishes will continue for you even if we don't hear from you for a while!!! :love::love::love::love::love::love::love:
That's lovies from me and all 6 cats!!!

phesina
08-30-2014, 09:47 PM
It's still on right now..

Don't know if it will be in the morning and any time into the day. Maybe all day and THEN they shut it off.

If it isn't, I'll try and get to the library in the afternoon. May not make it. Have all this massive moving of stuff to do to get everything out of the bedroom to be ready for the carpet to be ripped out in there Tuesday.

I'll certainly check back before having surgery!

Love from Pat :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: (and cats, who are being boarded right now)

phesina
08-31-2014, 05:39 AM
Still on this morning...

:love::love::love::love::love::love:

phesina
09-01-2014, 11:33 AM
Apartment complex WiFi is gone now. Greetings from Starbucks at Glencoe Crossing on Washtenaw!

Happy Labo(u)r Day!!!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Karen
09-01-2014, 11:37 AM
Apartment complex WiFi is gone now. Greetings from Starbucks at Glencoe Crossing on Washtenaw!

Happy Labo(u)r Day!!!

Glad you have an alternative for now!

pomtzu
09-01-2014, 06:17 PM

Happy Labo(u)r Day!!!

Just one more inconvenience in your life - right Pat???

Be very careful with free public WiFi - a great place to have your personal info stolen - especially passwords. I don't think I would be going on using a public WiFi to retrieve any of my bank or credit card info, or to pay any bills either.

BE CAREFUL............

Karen
09-01-2014, 06:59 PM
Just one more inconvenience in your life - right Pat???

Be very careful with free public WiFi - a great place to have your personal info stolen - especially passwords. I don't think I would be going on using a public WiFi to retrieve any of my bank or credit card info, or to pay any bills either.

BE CAREFUL............

Make sure you log out of Pet Talk when you are on, whenever you are using public Wifi. We do not keep anyone's credit card stuff or anything, but better safe than sorry!

Randi
09-02-2014, 09:34 AM
I'm sorry to hear this, Pat. Hope you will get a connection soon again - at least you can use the Library or Starbucks... perhaps also McDonalds and a few other places. :)

Good luck with your back surgery, will be sending lots of positive thoughts. :love:

phesina
09-02-2014, 01:11 PM
Thanks, friends. Now I'm at the Ann Arbor District Library, Malletts Creek branch.

Gotcha about public (wide-open) WiFi ;).

Thanks! :love::love::love::love::love::love:

Karen
09-02-2014, 01:34 PM
Thanks, friends. Now I'm at the Ann Arbor District Library, Mallett's Creek branch.

Gotcha about public (wide-open) WiFi ;).

Thanks! :love::love::love::love::love::love:

Say he to the librarians for me! Libraries are some of my favorite places in the world!

phesina
09-02-2014, 01:34 PM
Make sure you log out of Pet Talk when you are on, whenever you are using public Wifi. We do not keep anyone's credit card stuff or anything, but better safe than sorry!

Do I need to actually log out, or is killing the browser sufficient? That's been my way of doing it (not having to worry at home), but I'll do an actual log-out this time and from now on.

Thanks, Karen.

Karen
09-02-2014, 02:06 PM
Do I need to actually log out, or is killing the browser sufficient? That's been my way of doing it (not having to worry at home), but I'll do an actual log-out this time and from now on.

Thanks, Karen.

Yeah - killing the browser does not log you out, you need to hit the "log out" button to clear the cookie from the computer's cache.

phesina
09-03-2014, 10:47 AM
Gotcha. Thanks, Karen! A word to the wise.

katladyd
09-03-2014, 07:18 PM
Why don't you get an interet "stick"? I have one from Clear Internet. Unlimited use (you can use as much as you want, NO penalties or limits). It costs me around $50 per month. You can buy the acutal stick on ebay or amazon for about $20 ad just call Clear to set you up. It's VERY easy to do. I can take this thing with me wherever I go and use it in my laptop. Best invention since the wheel. It's very, very, fast, too.:)

cassiesmom
09-03-2014, 08:44 PM
Why don't you get an interet "stick"? I have one from Clear Internet. Unlimited use (you can use as much as you want, NO penalties or limits). It costs me around $50 per month. You can buy the acutal stick on ebay or amazon for about $20 ad just call Clear to set you up. It's VERY easy to do. I can take this thing with me wherever I go and use it in my laptop. Best invention since the wheel. It's very, very, fast, too.:)

I have a Clear stick too. It's $39.99 per month. Clear is part of Sprint now. I got mine at Fry's electronics. all you do is put it in the USB drive and wait a moment while it finds a signal. When it is ready, the light on the device turns from yellow to green. I've had it over a year now and there have been probably 4 or 5 days when the tower was out and I couldn't get on the Internet. Katladyd, that's a great idea.

phesina
09-04-2014, 12:07 PM
Hmmmmm, thanks, both of you, that's good to know. I never heard of those before. I must look into Clear.

I think I'd have to pay comcast about $50 a month for internet hookup in my apartment. And then I'm at their mercy.