PDA

View Full Version : Hello Kitty

pomtzu
08-28-2014, 02:28 PM
According to all that I have been hearing on the news today - Hello Kitty is NOT a cat. Oh really???? - maybe it's an elephant in disguise?????? Don't these newscasters have anything better to do, than to report what some idiot stated on Facebook, or Twitter, or whatever? Now mothers everywhere are spazzing and making a big deal over it, trying to conceal these statements from their little girls that adore Hello Kitty.

What next????

Karen
08-28-2014, 02:31 PM
It just doesn't pass the "duck" test - "If it looks like a such, walks like a duck, sounds like a duck - it is a duck!" But she is still a beloved kitty!

pomtzu
08-28-2014, 02:39 PM
I'm an old lady, and I love Hello Kitty. I even have a pair of fuzzy lounge pants, with her pics all over. I think I heard in one of the broadcasts, that she is 40 years old. I didn't realize that, but then I didn't verify it either. I don't remember her character that far back.

Taz_Zoee
08-28-2014, 03:54 PM
Sigh, why would a human look like a cat and be called Kitty?? I don't get it.
But let's not forget everyone, Hello Kitty IS a cartoon!!! So it can be whatever we want it to be! :)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-intersect/wp/2014/08/28/newsflash-hello-kitty-has-never-been-a-cat/

pomtzu
08-28-2014, 04:08 PM
Newsflash - all you writers and bearers of gloom.

No one ever said she was a "real" cat - just as no one ever said that Mickey Mouse was a "real" (giant sized) mouse. Why can't some adults, just let kids be kids, and have their imaginary critters to adore, rather than try to bust their bubble? :(

Maybe they feel that the 9 year old that accidentally killed a gun instructor, is more in keeping with reality ! :eek::rolleyes:

snakemama
08-28-2014, 04:15 PM
Hello Kitty is a little girl....big deal. Sanrio corrected an ADULT anthropologist when she was writing THEM about THEIR character.

It wasn't meant to be taking any kid's fun away, just Sanrio making sure their character was represented as she was meant to be.

chocolatepuppy
08-29-2014, 10:10 PM
So she's a little girl? I've yet to see a little girl with pointed ears (like a kitty) and uh, whiskers?:rolleyes:

mrspunkysmom
08-29-2014, 10:12 PM
If I were to be bothered about anything, it would be her name, "Hello". Hello?

Anyway, like Snoopy acted like a dog. I get it, and so do most kids. The kids do not care whether she's a human, martian or other alien, or even a cat.

I'm not a fan of Hello Kitty, but that's me. I like more realistic looking stuff.

Alysser
08-29-2014, 11:05 PM
This is why I am so glad I didn't bother bringing a TV to my dorm. :D It'll always be a cat to me LOL

Catty1
08-30-2014, 10:21 AM
I worked a few times in Japan before Hello Kitty made its way over to North America.

To me, "Hello Kitty" fit in with all the other Japlish slogans I had seen, such as "I Feel Coke" "Speak Lark" (cigarettes) and some T-shirt slogans: "idon'tcarewhatdoyouthinkisbesthenpecked" done in various sizes of font and in a four-line run-on sentence on the front of the shirt.

When I came back to Canada I was glad to not see the insipid, expressionless creature with "Hello Kitty" as its slogan.

*sigh* I guess it was too good to last. :rolleyes:

snakemama
08-30-2014, 06:28 PM
If I were to be bothered about anything, it would be her name, "Hello". Hello?

Hello Kitty's name is actually Kitty White. :)

pomtzu
08-31-2014, 09:38 AM
I'm certain that the kids who love kitty, could care less that she is a woman. To them, she is just a cute little cat - a make believe character. It still boggles my mind that this issue even surfaced. :rolleyes:

sleepgrazed
10-03-2014, 11:39 AM
Girl or cat, it does not really matter. I still love Hello Kitty no matter what.