PDA

View Full Version : I'm not crazy am I? My plans for tonight around midnight....

Aspen and Misty
12-17-2002, 08:30 PM
I am getting up at midninght to go see The two towers. Its the first showing ever of it. I can't wait to see it! The first one, The Lord of The Rings was so good! I will be out till about 4 then get to go cuddle wkith Wiley, our newest kitty adition, till about 7 then have to get up and go to school, I can't wait :rolleyes: . Everyone thinks I'm crazy, but why not live your life and get up at midnight and watch the very first showing of a show? It'll be fun! Anyone else going to see the movie??

Ash

boscibo
12-17-2002, 09:46 PM
I really want to....but my other half is working nights this week (11 pm to 7am) and I want to go with him. :(

So I will wait, probably until next week. Both our families celebrate on Christmas eve, so we are free on Christmas day - that's when I saw FotR last year. The theater wasn't too crowded, just the way I like it. :)

aly
12-17-2002, 10:25 PM
Pssst......... yes you are crazy!!!!!! :D :D :D

hehe, just kidding. As long as you stay awake in school tomorrow and be a good girl, then have fun!! :)

Desert Arabian
12-17-2002, 10:54 PM
Can I join you??? :D :D :D I'd love to go @ midnight, but thanks to school, I have to wait til tomorrow. I told you I got my tickets back in Nov. right? On the day they came out. LOL! I am going to the 6:20 showing here, I plan on getting to the theater around 5:30-5:45 somwhere right around in there. I got to get the right seats ya know. I plan on seeing it 9 more times after that, like I did with the Fellowship. Have fun! :D :p :D :p :D :p

Desert Arabian
12-17-2002, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Aspen and Misty
The first one, The Lord of The Rings was so good!
Ash

You mean...The Fellowship of the Ring?? Heehee! ;)

Crikit
12-17-2002, 11:26 PM
No you aren't crazy, half the people I work with are going to do that tonight. They asked me to come along, but I have to work tomorrow morning and it's very important that I get enough sleep so I can go to the barn and get Rugby...who I now need to find a name for. I can't wait.

luckies4me
12-17-2002, 11:31 PM
I am going to wait to see it.........onl;y because then I don't have to wait a whole year for the next one to come out! I liked it that way last time. But, if some body offered me a ticket tonight I would jump at the chance. :D

wolf_Q
12-17-2002, 11:34 PM
Lol, NO you wanna hear CRAZY? How about waiting in line (with no food or water) for over 12 hours for a U2 concert? hehe

I would have gone to the midnight showing, but I'm so sleep deprived I fear I would have been drowsy. I just bought tickets tonight for the 6:30 show on Friday.

All Creatures Great And Small
12-18-2002, 12:11 AM
xx

Aspen and Misty
12-18-2002, 02:15 PM
It was really good! You guys HAVE to see it!!!!!!!!!!!! I stayed awake today, although I did come home early because my mouth swelled up like a blimp I could barly talk and it felt like soem one ran me over with a truck. Yup you guessed it! Brasses (sp) :(

Ash

slleipnir
12-18-2002, 04:09 PM
i cnat wait to see it, I'm going on xmas night with my family..its kinda a thing we always do on xmas..i'm really looking forward to it :] We went to the 1st one last yr :]

Uabassoon
12-18-2002, 07:23 PM
I saw it today, not at midnight but noon. Last year I flew to Texas got in around 9, then met up with my friends at midnight to see the first showing. When Star Wars episode 1 came out I also went to a midnight showing, I was really groggy at school the next day.

RubyMutt
12-18-2002, 09:30 PM
I did the same thing! My boyfriend and I went to the first midnight showing. It was well worth it!!!! I'm a LOTR/Tolkien FANATIC!!:D How did you like it?? I thought it was great. I cannot wait until next December when the Return of the King comes out!:D

iceyshiver21
12-19-2002, 01:22 PM
I was going to say that, was somthing i would expect form YellowLabLover!! LoL!!!

Desert Arabian
12-19-2002, 05:52 PM
Icey- LOL!! :D

I am in love, deeply in love with that movie. I would say it is 70-80% better than the first one. I am not going to mention any sceens, don't want to ruin it for others, anyhow...there were 3 or 4 sceens that made my eyes water. But it all turned out to be good. I am going to try and see it again over Christmas break... I need to break my record of 9 times seeing it in the theaters.

My favorite person is Legolas...who is yours??? I love Orlando Bloom too (plays Legolas), that is why my AOL screen name is OrliBloom177! Ok...time to shut the trap. :D :D :D ;)

My rating: A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Desert Arabian
12-19-2002, 06:01 PM
I just have to share this with Pet Talkers. I love Orli Bloom/ Legolas so much that....my AIM Icon is Legolas, my AOL background is Legolas, my computer desktop is Legolas, my screen saver is Legolas, I have a figurine of Legolas, I have pictures all over my room of Legolas, and I plan to expand my little collection. I think I am crazy about Legolas, what do you think?? Heehee. Look to the left, and their you'll see none other than LEGOLAS! HAHAHA-LOL!

I also have over 200 LOTR cards...that shall soon grow too. :p :D

All Creatures Great And Small
12-19-2002, 07:53 PM
xx

Desert Arabian
12-20-2002, 04:11 PM
At noon on Sunday- I'm going to see itagain. 2 down 7 more to go. :D :D :D :D I get to pant at Orlando somemore. :p

Aspen and Misty
12-20-2002, 05:41 PM
I loves the Movie! My fav charector if the Elf guy who travels with the people. He was soooo cool!

Ash

Desert Arabian
12-20-2002, 09:39 PM
Why...that would be the elven prince Legolas from the mighty Mirkwood, the one who I am nuts over. :D

aly
12-20-2002, 10:19 PM
ACGAS - I think she wants underwear with that Legowhoeverheis guy on them!!!! :D :D :p

Soledad
12-21-2002, 12:21 AM
My husband and I saw it last night and we were just FLOORED by how great it was. I liked the first movie, but didn't think it was as great as everyone else did. I thought this one was AMAZING. The effects were flawless and the storyline way more interesting. It was great.

I also have a huge crush on Legolas that Sam tolerates pretty well. He's so beautiful but such a warrior at the same time, very nice.

It was also really great to see New Zealand on display as its beautiful landscape is a major reason why the story works as well as it does.

COCatMama
12-21-2002, 12:52 AM
I'm gonna see it on Sunday! by myself, no worries, been to lots of movies by myself... :D

kohala
12-21-2002, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by YellowLabLover
I just have to share this with Pet Talkers. I love Orli Bloom/ Legolas so much that....my AIM Icon is Legolas, my AOL background is Legolas, my computer desktop is Legolas, my screen saver is Legolas, I have a figurine of Legolas, I have pictures all over my room of Legolas, and I plan to expand my little collection. I think I am crazy about Legolas, what do you think?? Heehee. Look to the left, and their you'll see none other than LEGOLAS! HAHAHA-LOL!

I also have over 200 LOTR cards...that shall soon grow too. :p :D

Legolas is so hot - but when I checked out what's-his-name's (Bloom's) various web pages, I was sooooooooo bummed - not sexy at all! Now, if he'd keep the long blond hair ..............

Desert Arabian
12-21-2002, 11:55 AM
Aww.... come on, he is too cute! Its just when he grows out his curly hair, and facial hair- then he looks kinda silly, but when he cuts his hair and shaves off his facial hair and looks like this: (see attachment). Then he is mighty cute to me!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D

kohala
12-21-2002, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by YellowLabLover
Aww.... come on, he is too cute! Its just when he grows out his curly hair, and facial hair- then he looks kinda silly, but when he cuts his hair and shaves off his facial hair and looks like this: (see attachment). Then he is mighty cute to me!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D

Hmmmmmmm!! I hadn't seen that one!! NICE!!!

Desert Arabian
12-21-2002, 04:49 PM
:D :D LOL:D :D I told you....nobody can resist him! Hey- everyone has a couple of bad pictures every now and then. I got a lot more *cute* pictures of him- if you want to see some more, let me know. :p What do you think of this picture? Lookin' good to me! ;)

boscibo
12-21-2002, 04:56 PM
I can resist him...he's waaayyy too young for me. ;) I really liked the guy who played Boromir, Sean Bean, and of course Aragorn. I haven't seen the Two Towers yet, still planning on going on Christmas day. I hate waiting, but I have to see it with my SO! I will probably have a new crush after that, Éomer looks good.

Desert Arabian
12-21-2002, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by boscibo
I can resist him...he's waaayyy too young for me. ;) I really liked the guy who played Boromir, Sean Bean, and of course Aragorn. I haven't seen the Two Towers yet, still planning on going on Christmas day. I hate waiting, but I have to see it with my SO! I will probably have a new crush after that, Éomer looks good.
I agree with you. Sean Bean and Viggo Mortensen are very cute, even tho they are wayyyy to old for me. I mean, come on, for being in their 40's they look m-i-g-h-i-t-y cute! I rented just about every movie that Sean is in, just to see him acting (lol).

Let me rephrase it: Most people can't resist him. (Orlando)

;) :p

Aspen and Misty
12-21-2002, 07:57 PM
My whole family went nuts seeing his picture without his long hair. He is sooo hot long hair or not! I forgot his name so I thought I would decribe him, I figured he was who you were talkin bout. But he is soo cute. While we were looking at the picture of him my sister said she'll take one of them under her tree, I second that.

Ash

wolf_Q
12-22-2002, 12:23 AM
I saw it on Friday. We bought our tickets on Tuesday...if we wouldn't, I don't think we would have gotten in at all. That place was PACKED, the line went clear out the door. We waited in line for over an hour, so we got pretty good seats. WOW, I completely loved it. I'll be seeing it again soon!! Can't wait for Return of the King! (p.s. another fun thing to try is sneak Ben and Jerry's Cookie Dough ice cream in lmao...)

My favorite characters from the book were Merry and Pippin...although they weren't in the movie as much as they were in the book, they crack me up. :D I thought Gollum/Smeagal was pretty funny in the movie too (sorry if I've spelled any of the names wrong, I read the books last January)

Ok, what parts were different from the book that were in the movie? (except for the obvious that parts would be left out, as you can't put EVERYTHING in).....there's a couple of things my brother and I have been wondering about, it's been a while since both of us read the books.

COCatMama
12-22-2002, 10:32 PM
I LOVED Gollum! I felt soooooooooooo sad for him!! the poor little guy AWWWWWWWWW!!!!! I also loved the bit with the horse by the river...you know the part...don't want to spoil the movie for ppl that haven't seen it yet. That bit actually made me cry!
I confess the elf guy is an extreme hottie....did I mention I have a bow and some arrows? *snicker* I also like Aragorn...soooo manly *drools*.

Desert Arabian
12-23-2002, 11:08 AM
Hey Lalaina- Guess what: Did you know that Viggo Mortensen (Aragorn) bought that horse (Brego) and another horse they used for filiming. He said "they went through a lot together" and some other reasons for why he bought them. I think that is *so* sweet. Too started to tear up at that part too! I always tear up at things like that.

SPOILERS- Don't look any farther if you haven't seen the movie.

I also love the part were Smeagol is chanting/sining to himself smacking the fish on the rocks. That part made me crack-up!! I actually think Smeagol was cute, but I didn't like Gollum tho- he is evil :mad:

Ok, enough spoiling- sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HoRsELUvR
12-23-2002, 01:34 PM
I really liked the part with the horse by the river,too.I heard one of the actors bought a horse from the movie, I just didn't know which one.