PDA

View Full Version : So, MegaMaid would be banned in the EU?

Lady's Human
08-22-2014, 08:32 AM
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/21/anger-as-eu-bans-most-powerful-vacuum-cleaners

EU ban on powerful vacuum cleaners prompts anger and legal challenge
Which? tells consumers to buy now as Best Buy cleaners fall foul of EU energy label that prohibits motors above 1,600w

I'd be asking my legislators in the EU the same thing I ask my representatives here...Don't you have anything better to do?

Karen
08-22-2014, 06:48 PM
What the heck are they banning them for? Stupid people hurting themselves with a strong vacuum cleaner?

Recently learned how many millions the countries in the EU have been paying ISIS in exchange for hostages ... why not do something about that instead of worrying about vacuum cleaners?

Lady's Human
08-22-2014, 06:53 PM
Energy conservation.......completely ignoring the simple reality that dictates if you have to use a lower wattage vac for more time to do the same job, you're not saving anything.

As to ISIS?

Methinks we ran into this problem before, IIRC the European countries en masse paid the pirate's prices, and the modern US Navy was born, but that's more a topic for the politics/religion thread! :p

pomtzu
08-23-2014, 09:58 AM
Perhaps they would be happy if folks would go back to using a broom! :rolleyes:

Bonny
08-23-2014, 06:44 PM
Perhaps they would be happy if folks would go back to using a broom! :rolleyes:

Not a bad idea you would save on electricity, not having to buy those filter thingys, & burn calories. :D

Lady's Human
08-23-2014, 07:38 PM
Using a broom on a rug is possible, but futile.

If they were really concerned about limiting energy use, start with something that's used more often, like a microwave, or dishwashers.