PDA

View Full Version : Jury Duty Summons

fritz03
08-16-2014, 08:22 PM
On July 29th,I got a summons to attend Jury Duty in Oshawa on September 9th at 9 a.m.,the day before my 54th birthday.If anyone has a reason to be excused they put it writing a send it by fax to the court office explaining why you need to be excused.in my case,i have lawns to do this time of year then picking up leaves then doing snow.of course ,i work for myself,it is my only income and these people rely on me do this,fax was sent on Friday August 1st.The judge will then consider the request.Not sure but I hope they will inform the people who are excused so they don't have to come.if people can't do it on that date,they can have the date changed and will be notified of the change by the court office.

Karen
08-16-2014, 08:37 PM
On July 29th,I got a summons to attend Jury Duty in Oshawa on September 9th at 9 a.m.,the day before my 54th birthday.If anyone has a reason to be excused they put it writing a send it by fax to the court office explaining why you need to be excused.in my case,i have lawns to do this time of year then picking up leaves then doing snow.of course ,i work for myself,it is my only income and these people rely on me do this,fax was sent on Friday August 1st.The judge will then consider the request.Not sure but I hope they will inform the people who are excused so they don't have to come.if people can't do it on that date,they can have the date changed and will be notified of the change by the court office.

You can probably request a later date. Courts are usually understanding of that, is there a particular time of year when your schedule is lighter?

kuhio98
08-17-2014, 09:25 AM
Yes, you can request a later date here in Alaska too. I think you can postpone it twice. I've had to do it because I'm away from home 2 weeks at a time. All I did was told them that my work schedule didn't fit with that date and requested that I be moved to such-in-such a week. I didn't have to go into more detail than that. And, all the questions and request for postponement were on the form that they sent me, so I didn't have to talk to anyone. Maybe they have a similar arrangement in Canada?