PDA

View Full Version : Thursday #598. Moon and meteorite Party!

RICHARD
08-14-2014, 11:46 AM
I think a nice fire in the firering at the back of the bar, some chaise lounges and some wine - watermelon wine, maybe? for the celestial show going on above our heads is a nice change of pace.

The crickets have been rousingly loud the last couple of nights.

A stick for some marshmallows, a weinie or kebabs?
I am open to some suggestions!!!

DONE?

Lady's Human
08-15-2014, 09:29 AM
Grumble....

The celestial show was a greyout.

However, let the gardenplosion continue How about some soup? Cheddar broccoli/green bean anyone?

smokey the elder
08-15-2014, 10:35 AM
I saw the Supermoon last weekend but the Perseids were meh. Too much light pollution where I live.

momoffuzzyfaces
08-15-2014, 05:43 PM
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! Seriously! I saw Halloween candy in Walmart today!!! sheesh:eek:

Pinot's Mom
08-17-2014, 08:18 AM
Ah, my Kindle and PT seem to be back on speaking terms! Wine, watermelon and a fire pit sound lovely! :)

RICHARD
08-17-2014, 10:21 AM
I am irritated by the greyout too.

I also track the International Space Station and the orbits have been in the early evening hours and on consecutive evenings........so what happens? clouds..... ugh.

Let me fill some glasses, get the ORC to ladle some soup and stoke the fire.

Glad to see you all here.....we also have a milestone thursday coming up......looking for suggestions?

thanks and DONE!

Lady's Human
08-18-2014, 08:38 AM
Pardon me while I do a happy dance!

Barkeep, a round of drinks for the house! I just looked at my final for my accounting course... and will probably be able to complete the course with over a 90 when I thought I was going to be happy to just pass!

Karen
08-18-2014, 12:14 PM
Pardon me while I do a happy dance!

Barkeep, a round of drinks for the house! I just looked at my final for my accounting course... and will probably be able to complete the course with over a 90 when I thought I was going to be happy to just pass!

Congratulations, I am picturing Aunt Bertha patting you on the back!

(For the rest of you, she was our Great Aunt who, besides being great friend to animals and children, was so good with numbers that when she had graduated from high school and didn't have money for college, she took her box of sharpened pencils to downtown Boston and knocked on doors until someone gave her a job, and she ended up working Scudder and Stevens, and then Scudder, Stevens and Clark, and all the way until she retired, when it was just plain Scudder Trust Company, which is is today, a huge financial investment house.)

RICHARD
08-20-2014, 11:43 AM
Congratulations, I am picturing Aunt Bertha patting you on the back!

(For the rest of you, she was our Great Aunt who, besides being great friend to animals and children, was so good with numbers that when she had graduated from high school and didn't have money for college, she took her box of sharpened pencils to downtown Boston and knocked on doors until someone gave her a job, and she ended up working Scudder and Stevens, and then Scudder, Stevens and Clark, and all the way until she retired, when it was just plain Scudder Trust Company, which is is today, a huge financial investment house.)

Congrats.

Done!

cassiesmom
08-20-2014, 05:56 PM
August 20th ... some schools have opened for the 2014-15 school year, but it's 86 outside. Summer has finally arrived! I'm drinking lemonade- would anyone else like some with me?

Karen
08-20-2014, 10:46 PM
I'm always happy for lemonade - there were several years when I couldn't have it, so sure, I'll share some!

Queen of Poop
08-21-2014, 04:39 AM
I'll have a hot tea please. Cold and rainy here.