PDA

View Full Version : Dexter & The Cushion

Bonny
08-12-2014, 07:39 AM
My neighbor had a kidney transplant last week. I have been dog sitting his dog Dexter. We have a regular schedule set up feeding, watering, & exercise. Dexter went off water & food a couple of days, but has adjusted. The other day he bought his dads cushion from off the wheel chair & had it laying by freezer near the house entrance. I think he was missing his dad, & did not chew the cushion which was good. I put the cushion in a kitchen chair & pushed it up to the table. Dexter & I had some dog physcology 101 the other day, time to be petted & talked too. :) His master & friend will be gone a month & this is week one.

kaycountrygal
08-12-2014, 03:01 PM
It was very sweet and thoughtful (and a tiny bit sad) for Dexter to bring his master's cushion near you. No doubt he is missing his human very much. It must be stressful and confusing when a dog's human disappears for awhile. Hopefully all goes well with the kidney transplant and his human will return home in a month. Now that will be one happy reunion, won't it? Good Luck with Dexter; it sure sounds as if you are doing a good job with him.

BTW Welcome to Pet Talk.

Karen
08-12-2014, 04:30 PM
Aww, that's good I am sure having his Dad's scent nearby is comforting to him!

lizbud
08-13-2014, 04:54 PM
I think Dexter is a very lucky boy to have you to take care of him till his owner recovers.:) Hope things continue to go smoothly
for you both in the meantime.