PDA

View Full Version : How gullible do spammers think we are?

Karen
08-06-2014, 08:19 PM
The latest spam subject heading I have been getting is "Legislation to ban gardening is being passed into law ..." It is so ridiculous even Snopes doesn't have it listed yet. Our current Congress cannot agree on ben simple things, whatever makes them think people would believe a ban on gardening????

Freedom
08-07-2014, 01:49 PM
LOL, I haven't seen that one yet.

Periodically I get one that is from "Notice to Appear" and the subject is "Court Appearance Required." But this week, I've been getting that one 3 an 4 times daily for 4 days! I sure must be in some kinda trouble, to have so many court appearances! :p

smokey the elder
08-08-2014, 02:37 PM
That's an easy one to debunk...AFAIK court summonses must be served in person!

pomtzu
08-10-2014, 08:42 AM
The latest spam subject heading I have been getting is "Legislation to ban gardening is being passed into law ..." It is so ridiculous even Snopes doesn't have it listed yet. Our current Congress cannot agree on ben simple things, whatever makes them think people would believe a ban on gardening????

Gee Karen. Maybe they mean MARIJUANA gardening :rolleyes: ...................LOL

I don't read any of them anymore, tho I do scan thru the subject line to make sure a legit one didn't land in my spam folder in error. I just wipe out all of them in one click.

This is bad - but I've been tempted to reply back to a Nigerian originated scam, and tell them that the Ebola virus was developed to eliminate all of the scumbag scammers, so they better watch what they do and where they go. I know - that really is bad - even I couldn't be that mean and hateful. :eek:

Catty1
08-10-2014, 10:52 AM
If you reply to spammers you'll be replying to a programmed computer, not a person. Machines don't care about Ebola!

Vette
08-10-2014, 04:12 PM
I keep getting a notification that my account to World of Warcraft has been compromised.
funny thing is i dont have a WoW account an never had one to begin with an dont ever plan on having one either LOL

smokey the elder
08-12-2014, 10:15 AM
If you reply to spammers you'll be replying to a programmed computer, not a person. Machines don't care about Ebola! But maybe one could upload some malware...did I write that out loud? :D

Catty1
08-12-2014, 11:33 AM
But maybe one could upload some malware...did I write that out loud? :D

INSIDE voice, smokey, INSIDE voice! :D

Vette, maybe your computer has malware. Does your anti-virus need updating?

Karen
09-13-2014, 01:17 PM
Okay - the past few days I have been getting a lot of spam apparently warning me of the dangers of ....

wait for it ...

drinking water!!! :)

Apparently, not only is it killing me, but making me gain weight - one of the titles was "Stop drinking water, lose 50 pounds!!!!!" :)

Well, yes, if I let my self get completely dehydrated, I would weigh less, I am sure, and then die - and as I decomposed, I am sure I'd weigh less, right?

smokey the elder
09-15-2014, 02:24 PM
Yeah, watch out for that deadly dihydrogen monoxide...:D