PDA

View Full Version : volunteer!?!?

lexie
12-17-2002, 02:32 PM
help i want to volunteer at mt shelter,but all they have for people my age are classes for how to care for the nimals. i know all that. i am free all hours of the day(i homeschool), everyday of the week. i want to just volunteer. any ideas? i'm going crazy!!!:eek:

primabella
12-17-2002, 02:52 PM
i don't have any advice, but i know how you feel. i wanted to volunteer at the spca over here, but you have to be 18+ and i'm 15. :(

lexie
12-17-2002, 02:54 PM
i'm 14. so your closer then me;)

Uabassoon
12-17-2002, 02:57 PM
In Tucson we have groups like F.A.I.R. and A.R.F. that bring animals to Petsmart to try to adopt them and they usually have volunteers that are under the age of 18. They do things like walk the dogs and make sure they have water. Maybe you could look into something like that.

lexie
12-17-2002, 02:58 PM
does petco do that because we don't have apetsmart close.

aly
12-17-2002, 03:12 PM
RAther than checking with the Petsmart, I'd do a search for the rescue groups that go there and check with them.

You can volunteer at the shelters here if you're under 18, but you have to have a parent with you. Maybe your shelter has something like that? Are there any sanctuaries near you?

Just do an extensive search on the rescues and shelters near you, email them and tell them the situation. I'm sure some of them would be able to use your help.