PDA

View Full Version : Sleep over Thursday #596!

RICHARD
07-31-2014, 12:56 PM
I am setting up the area for a sleep out/sleep over.

I have the ORC clearing out the fire ring, setting up a tent and a tarp! The weather has been exceptionately cool and
a sleep out sounded good.

------

We can do brats or wienies on the fire - with all the fixin's - some smore's and more ice cream!!!!!

Don't forget the bring a ghost story, a sleeping bag and pillow!!

DONE!

Catty1
07-31-2014, 04:16 PM
Sounds great! I love sleeping under the stars! :D

Brats for me - and if there's any lemonade or iced tea, one large please!

I did bring some whole-wheat rolls for the brats and wieners, and condiments too (safe eating! lol)

Lady's Human
07-31-2014, 06:21 PM
The only way this tuckus is sleeping under the stars is in a hammock.

Pinot's Mom
07-31-2014, 07:45 PM
Can I bring the camper?

Lady's Human
07-31-2014, 10:17 PM
A camper? Absolutely!

Just keep Orc out of it, he might try to make it open air. Can I bring the marshmallow launcher?

cassiesmom
08-01-2014, 03:11 PM
It'll have to be a "sleep-under" for me, because I get welts from insect bites. I have graham crackers ready to go with those toasted marshmallows :)

Karen
08-01-2014, 06:13 PM
Pouring here right now - the kind of rain where under the tent get really humid, but if you touch it on the way out ya get drenched!

Karen
08-03-2014, 02:04 AM
Just made some cookies that turned out to be more experimental than I intended (read the handle of the measuring cup BEFORE use, silly) - they are sweet shortbread with dates, cinnamon and nutmeg. Crispy and sweet - anyone want some? I'll bring the rest to church tomorrow ...

Karen
08-03-2014, 12:28 PM
Just made some cookies that turned out to be more experimental than I intended (read the handle of the measuring cup BEFORE use, silly) - they are sweet shortbread with dates, cinnamon and nutmeg. Crispy and sweet - anyone want some? I'll bring the rest to church tomorrow ...

Well, I had one after church, and the next thing I knew was being handed back my cleaned out dish! The dates ended up crunchy within the cookie, which I did not expect! Definitely a keeper of a recipe, will have to write that down somewhere!

RICHARD
08-03-2014, 12:49 PM
I have to make a disclaimer here.

It never rains, we have no bugs, allergies or sunburns here at Thursday's.

We do have an unlimited supply of hypoallergenic fun, and an ORC to boot!!

Refills and fun for everyone.

I am going to fix the pig to begin roasting.

DONE!

Queen of Poop
08-03-2014, 05:01 PM
Back from a two day sleepover at my mom's. Being a non-smoker it was torturous as she's a heavy smoker. So I'm going to sit over here away from the fire. I've got a pitcher of pink lemonade if anyone needs a cool refresher.

smokey the elder
08-04-2014, 01:36 PM
I'll make a mess of beans to go with the pig for our vegetarian friends. Maybe vegetarian chili?:D

Lady's Human
08-04-2014, 02:04 PM
Ratatouille, anyone? Eggplant and squash fresh out of the garden

RICHARD
08-05-2014, 11:01 AM
Yes, Lemonade!!!

I know the feeling, Doris has been using an e-cig, and making good progress, but she slips and i am reminded how bad a ciggie smells in the a.m.

STE,

I have a very 'incorrect' joke about beans and Mexicans....I love this joke because it's sooooo stereotypical ....

Why don't Mexicans have BBQs?

The beans fall thru the grill!:eek:;)

My dad would stand by the BBQ grilling and take a few tortillas and warm them up. The next move was to cut the end pieces from the meat then roll them up into a little taquito.....his reward for his work!! He did draw the line at 'BBQed Beans'!!

LH,
Time to grab up some foil, garlic, olive oil and go to town. I'll get the ORC to chop and put some veggies on a grill?

DONE!

Lady's Human
08-05-2014, 12:03 PM
Sounds like a plan.

In a couple of days we'll have some refrigerator dills on the bar, they're curing at the moment.

Lady's Human
08-05-2014, 05:08 PM
Can I borrow Orc for a few days? New glasses......progressive bifocals and , to quote the optometrist" a whole lot of different prescriptions goin on in those lenses".

I might need a seeing eye orc.

cassiesmom
08-05-2014, 06:00 PM
LH, what are progressive bifocals? I have one bifocal lens and the doctor told me I might need a higher strength in the part of the lens that's not bifocal because my "good eye" is getting worse. Orc, please be sure you don't walk LH right into the wall, please.

Lady's Human
08-05-2014, 06:07 PM
LH, what are progressive bifocals? I have one bifocal lens and the doctor told me I might need a higher strength in the part of the lens that's not bifocal because my "good eye" is getting worse. Orc, please be sure you don't walk LH right into the wall, please.

The no-line bifocals, made worse in my case by more issues than just different rates of nearsightedness.

Karen
08-05-2014, 10:32 PM
Good luck adjusting. I have them, of course, being very nearsighted, and now have a different astigmatism in each eye. Takes a little adjusting, but soon you won't notice them at all!

smokey the elder
08-06-2014, 10:05 AM
You can so grill beans...if you have a griddle attachment! :D Or in a pot on a fifth burner...

Lady's Human
08-06-2014, 03:47 PM
I missed the ground walking into work last night. :rolleyes:

Karen
08-06-2014, 08:17 PM
I missed the ground walking into work last night. :rolleyes:

Did it rise up to meet you? ;) The biggest test of the lenses will be supermarket trips - reading ingredient labes through upper or lower parts of the lenses is a weird experience!