View Full Version : Pool party Thursday #594!

RICHARD
07-17-2014, 02:56 PM
Time to go out and sit by the pool, What a neat summer day.

IT's not too hot, it's perfect weather to just sit back and lounge around.

Wine coolers and a caprese salad with a fruit platter?

DONE!

momoffuzzyfaces
07-17-2014, 07:51 PM
As long as I'm not required to wear a bikini, I'm in! !!:eek:

RICHARD
07-17-2014, 08:35 PM
As long as I'm not required to wear a bikini, I'm in! !!:eek:

Do you have a sune hat?;)

-----------

Oh, I just have to laugh.

Do you remember the coppertone girl and dog?

Back in the 60's-70's we would go on vacation and would drive by a Coppertone sign that was motorized! The little dog would move up and down along with the little girl's bottom.

We would laugh and point - at the time it was so risque!!

Too funny!

smokey the elder
07-18-2014, 09:33 AM
This looks like a good place for some booze in the blender. Frozen fruit daiquiris, anyone?:)

RICHARD
07-18-2014, 01:29 PM
This looks like a good place for some booze in the blender. Frozen fruit daiquiris, anyone?:)

I have a nice cantaloupe and a pineapple, a knife and a cutting board, Let me get the ORC to pull some glassware out and we are there!!!!!!

Done!!!

pomtzu
07-18-2014, 06:43 PM
I'll pass on the drinks, and just have a big bowl of diced up cantaloupe - lightly salted, please. My very favorite summertime fruit, tho pineapple and strawberries run pretty close. Right now I'm settling for strawberry banana Greek yogurt and fresh seedless green grapes. Yummy, but not even close to cantaloupe....:( Grapes anyone.....:)

Karen
07-18-2014, 09:11 PM
I'll pass on the drinks, and just have a big bowl of diced up cantaloupe - lightly salted, please. My very favorite summertime fruit, tho pineapple and strawberries run pretty close. Right now I'm settling for strawberry banana Greek yogurt and fresh seedless green grapes. Yummy, but not even close to cantaloupe....:( Grapes anyone.....:)

Hmm, never had cantaloupe salted - sounds intriguing! I have some nice bananas to add to the fruit creations!

Queen of Poop
07-18-2014, 09:48 PM
I'll have a daiquiri please. I've got some lovely, huge green grapes that look amazing and are soooo sour!! Such a disappointment.

pomtzu
07-19-2014, 07:37 AM
Hmm, never had cantaloupe salted - sounds intriguing! I have some nice bananas to add to the fruit creations!

Salt brings out the flavor - it really is awesome. Some people that have never tried it, just say "ewwww", while other will try it and say "yum". :D Just remember - go lightly on the salt.

I'll have a daiquiri please. I've got some lovely, huge green grapes that look amazing and are soooo sour!! Such a disappointment.

I always sample a couple of grapes at the store before I buy them. Too many times I have gotten stuck with a sour bunch that I couldn't even eat. They are too expensive to have to toss out.

Pinot's Mom
07-19-2014, 08:30 AM

Me, me! Coop makes a wonderful concoction with ice, bananas, vanilla yogurt and vodka - YUM!

Karen
07-19-2014, 11:09 AM
Me, me! Coop makes a wonderful concoction with ice, bananas, vanilla yogurt and vodka - YUM!

I'd have to try that here at Thursday's - yogurt is sadly a no-go for me in real life, although the rest of dairy is fine!

RICHARD
07-19-2014, 01:11 PM
Salt on fruit?

When we were growing up, we would sit in the back yard and open up a water melon - you needed salt and a few lemon!

You add some salt - kosher salt and squeeze a little lemon on top!

IF you go to LA you will see guys with a cart on the corner selling quart- sized cups of chopped up fruit - melon, water melon, jicama, mango and oranges (and what ever fruit is in season), he'll put lemon and a seasoned salt on top.

-----------------

The seasoned salt is called TAJIN, it's the greatest! I put it on salads, fruit and food.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taj%C3%ADn_(seasoning)

It's crazy good and the local store began to sell it, but it's triple the price from what it costs in CA! I probably will go to CA before the end of the year and will pick up a box of it - I'll let you all know so you can put an order in, if you want to try it.

It's not spicy hot or anything like that - they had to put a warning on the label that it's NOT a candy because kids love it!

----------------

Let me rinse out the blender and get moving on the daquiris!

DONE!

momoffuzzyfaces
07-19-2014, 03:23 PM
I like salt on watermelon too! yummy!

Ok, Orc, no seed spitting please! :eek:

Karen
07-20-2014, 12:25 PM
I like salt on watermelon too! yummy!

Ok, Orc, no seed spitting please! :eek:

What fun is watermelon without a seed-spitting contest?????

slick
07-22-2014, 01:21 AM
OK I refuse to wear a bikini of any sort but I do have a one-piece with matching sun hat. I hope that will do and not scare off the rest. Personally, I think it's time for a slushie. I think of Mz Gini every day but this summer, I picture that big maple tree with Richard at the bar by her office "shed". We have had a heat wave up here but it's cooling down a bit for the next couple of days.

Pinot: I need that recipe that Coop makes. Sounds delish!

I know that I owe many of you emails but I have renos going on right now. Too much dust to deal with. :o

RICHARD
07-23-2014, 12:17 PM
Hi guys,

I am busy at the moment, but am checking in to fill glasses and splash in the pool.

Done?

Karen
07-23-2014, 09:55 PM
I want ice cream! Can I have some ice cream? With strawberries? I have a stupid sunburn that itches on my left (driving) arm, but that would distract me!