PDA

View Full Version : Rain! Yay!

Karen
07-16-2014, 12:17 PM
I love a rainy summer day - can you tell summer heat isn't my favorite? :)

Awaken slowly
Staccato rain on the glass
This day will be fine

Steady drips slap on
Already drenched cement and
Puddle on the grass

Others long for sun
Basking on beaches and such
I prefer the rain!

kuhio98
07-16-2014, 12:24 PM
I soooo agree! Good thing I live in Alaska, huh? ;)

One of my favorite smells (I'll describe it the best I can) is the smell that lingers after a cloudburst on a very hot day.
I don't know if it the smell of the grass or dirt or pavement cooling, or what. But, I love it.

Beautiful poem. You're so talented. Do you mind if I share it with a friend? Sharon lives up in Denali Park and swears she's allergic to the sun. She's another rain worshiper. :)

Karen
07-16-2014, 01:49 PM
Sure, share it with whomever you want! Just tag my name on it!

Karen
07-16-2014, 03:15 PM
The rain has stopped for now, but it rained so hard today there are still puddles on the grass. The birds seem louder today - I wonder if the sound just travels batter on water than on grass!

Catty1
07-16-2014, 03:57 PM
Looks like rain for Saturday here, and some tomorrow. YAY! I love rain also. The heat has been brutal, but thankfully my condo stays nice a cool during the day.

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-16-2014, 04:06 PM
Looks like rain for Saturday here, and some tomorrow. YAY! I love rain also. The heat has been brutal, but thankfully my condo stays nice a cool during the day.

Hehe, Karen & Catty, you both love rain??
Well he he then I have a fantastic idea for you'all!
Come and move to my country Belgium!! Rain whenever you want it or don't want it!
This is a paradise for rainlovers!!

Karen
07-16-2014, 05:20 PM
Hehe, Karen & Catty, you both love rain??
Well he he then I have a fantastic idea for you'all!
Come and move to my country Belgium!! Rain whenever you want it or don't want it!
This is a paradise for rainlovers!!

Thanks, Lut! I actually love the snow, too - and rain, and blizzards and - well, Paul says my middle name should be "inclement!" He loves the heat, and prefers to hide from the rain!

Taz_Zoee
07-16-2014, 06:02 PM
While I'm not a fan of rain, I sure wish we could get some around here. California is drying up!!! :(

Karen
07-16-2014, 06:06 PM
While I'm not a fan of rain, I sure wish we could get some around here. California is drying up!!! :(

Yes, I think of you folks when we have a big rain, I feel sorry for your whole state, especially the farmers and poor communities.