PDA

View Full Version : How HOT is it where you are?

chocolatepuppy
06-28-2014, 07:13 PM
95° F high AT 5:05 pm. Still 87 now, just after 8:00 pm. Too hot for me!:rolleyes:

Karen
06-28-2014, 08:38 PM
Today was lovely, relatively low humidity, and the highest it got was 84°F - but I know more heat and humidity are coming as the days go by!

pomtzu
06-29-2014, 09:04 AM
You can keep that weather, Annette!

So far this summer has been comfortable - only a couple of days in the low 90's, and some humid days - but those didn't stay around for long. Mostly, the weather is what I would call normal for this time of year, but of course July and August have yet to come, and they can be miserable in this part of the country. I heard earlier in the season, that this area is expected to be cooler than normal this summer. That would be just fine by me! :cool: :D

chocolatepuppy
06-29-2014, 09:28 AM
You can keep that weather, Annette!

Oh no Ellie, I don't want it!!! 75* all summer would be fine for me. Hurry up summer, be gone!:p

Heat, bugs and storms are three of my least favorite things. Stormed last night, trying now and chance of storms all week!:rolleyes:

pomtzu
06-29-2014, 09:57 AM
Oh no Ellie, I don't want it!!! 75* all summer would be fine for me. Hurry up summer, be gone!:p

Heat, bugs and storms are three of my least favorite things. Stormed last night, trying now and chance of storms all week!:rolleyes:

I'm right with you on the temp.....wouldn't that be nice???? We can dream, can't we?

And I'm right with you on the heat, bugs, and storms, too. It's supposed to be in the 80's all week (not too bad, I guess) and possible storms on several days.

I finally found out that Wolfy is afraid of storms. We had a whopper of one a few nights ago, and he was shaking so bad that it felt like I was laying on one of those old vibrating beds. He was terrified, poor guy! We had a few storms before that one, but they didn't faze him since they weren't very bright and noisy. We'll see how he acts with the next storm, I guess.

Catty1
06-29-2014, 09:58 AM
https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t1.0-9/1609785_679842628717918_994626008527535023_n.jpg

chocolatepuppy
06-29-2014, 07:52 PM
Supposed to be near 90* every day the next few days. And guess what? Yep, chance of storms every day.

Ellie, Layla has a thundershirt and it seems to help her quite a bit. Maybe you can consider that for Wolfy?

http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/attachment.php?attachmentid=58331&d=1404089574

sana
06-30-2014, 01:23 AM
For us it's normally in mid to high 90's, and goes to low 100's too. It started raining since a few days so the temperature dropped. It's 88F at 11:17AM, right now. And the weather's not bad! :p Humidity's 79% And according to Yahoo, it feels like 104F. Since we have a lot of humidity here, the summer season's sticky and hot... :mad:

pomtzu
06-30-2014, 10:03 AM
Supposed to be near 90* every day the next few days. And guess what? Yep, chance of storms every day.

Ellie, Layla has a thundershirt and it seems to help her quite a bit. Maybe you can consider that for Wolfy?

http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/attachment.php?attachmentid=58331&d=1404089574

Our forecast changed - now calling for the 90's and humid. I knew it would catch up with us here, sooner or later. Those nice comfy temps and clear days with low humidity, just don't last very long once July is almost upon us.

I thought about a thundershirt for Wolfy, but I'm waiting to see how he reacts to the next "normal" storm. The one that had him so frightened really was pretty intense. He couldn't have gotten any more "snug" than he was tho, and he was pressed up against me so hard and I was holding him very tight too.....I thought I was going to have to peel him off of me! :eek::D

ETA: I had to chuckle at that look on Layla's face. It's like she's thinking: "Mom - please don't show this picture to anyone. I don't want anyone to know that I'm afraid of a storm - afterall - it's just some bright lights and a lot of noise - right Mom???"

Taz_Zoee
06-30-2014, 06:05 PM
It is about 103F here right now. Lovely. But I'll take the heat without the storms thank you. :)

chocolatepuppy
06-30-2014, 06:50 PM
ETA: I had to chuckle at that look on Layla's face. It's like she's thinking: "Mom - please don't show this picture to anyone. I don't want anyone to know that I'm afraid of a storm - afterall - it's just some bright lights and a lot of noise - right Mom???"

Actually, that pic was taken last 4th of July. Fireworks and firecrackers don't scare her as much as storms, must be the static in the air. If it was a storm, she would have been hiding in the bathroom. :(

chocolatepuppy
06-30-2014, 06:51 PM
It is about 103F here right now. Lovely. But I'll take the heat without the storms thank you. :)

Do you have the awful humidity out there in CA?

Karen
06-30-2014, 06:59 PM
For us it's normally in mid to high 90's, and goes to low 100's too. It started raining since a few days so the temperature dropped. It's 88F at 11:17AM, right now. And the weather's not bad! :p Humidity's 79% And according to Yahoo, it feels like 104F. Since we have a lot of humidity here, the summer season's sticky and hot... :mad:

Paul would love that weather! I hope you and your animals stay cool!

Taz_Zoee
06-30-2014, 07:40 PM
Do you have the awful humidity out there in CA?

No humidity. Thank goodness.

chocolatepuppy
07-01-2014, 08:25 AM
Gonna be near 90* again today with, guess what? More storms!:rolleyes:

I wish I got paid what the people on TWC get paid for posting this.:p

Thanks Cindy for your reply! Humidity at about 80% right now.

kaycountrygal
07-01-2014, 02:10 PM
Right now it is 93 (was 90 two hrs ago) (central NC) and to be in 90's rest of week. We had a week of 90+'s not long ago then a bit of a cool down (86). Yes, we also might have thunderstorms toward night. Actually I hope we have a "normal" storm because we need RAIN. Thank Goodness for a/c!!

Karen
07-01-2014, 05:27 PM
It was muggy and yucky hot today - it was up to 89F with high humidity, and it is starting to cool off a tad, just "feels like" 91F.

How do you respond to extreme heat? I find I drink - a LOT - iced tea, iced coffee - any cold and wet - nearly constantly! If you shook me by the shoulders now I would probably slosh!

cassiesmom
07-07-2014, 07:57 PM
7/7/14 at 7:55 PM CDT- 86 F with 45% humidity - but I just saw a tweet from Ginger Zee (ABC News) announcing a tornado warning in Massachusetts!? Karen and Paul, moosmom, Freedom, everyone else who lives in that part of the country -- please please be safe!

cassiesmom
07-15-2014, 02:37 PM
7/15/14 at 2:35 PM CDT ... 64F (18C) with 63% humidity. It was overcast earlier, but it's sunny out now. Unusually cool for July in Chicago, perfect day to eat lunch outside.

momcat
07-15-2014, 08:23 PM
It is a dark and stormy night here in Trenton. We've already had 2 heatwaves and almost non stop rain complete with thunder and lightning. The rain gets so heavy that visibility is near zero, it's like the Maid of the Mist boat ride at Niagra Falls. There have also been tornados in the area but aside from power outages and downed trees no major damage or injuries. Storm updates are constantly running across the bottom of the tv screen. Reports are saying that when the storms move out we can expect a "polar vortex" (meteorologist's words) with a significant drop in temperatures. I am not a summer person, oh to go back to January and February with the snow and the cold. Winter can't get here soon enough.

Karen
07-15-2014, 09:34 PM
It is hot and muggy here, and has been for a couple days. We have had tornado and thunderstorm warnings and watches, but no rain yet this afternoon or evening. It is so muggy my arms stick to my glass desktop when I set them down!

Catty1
07-15-2014, 10:42 PM
We've had a long heatwave; hopefully we'll have some showery relief Thursday and Friday. It'll be 84 F tomorrow and 82 F on Thursday!

I just rechecked the forecast. Chance of showers tomorrow afternoon now, with chance of a thunderstorm. The days after that? From Friday on, 71 to 75 F. That's better!

pomtzu
07-16-2014, 02:46 PM
Oh yeah - hot, humid, and rain!!!!

I had to go to Baltimore yesterday for another appointment with my spine surgeon. The forecast was for "pop-up" thunder storms again - just like we've been having quite frequently lately. When I left doc's office to drive home (he's just north of Baltimore), the sun was out and it was steam bath like conditions - difficult to even breathe. I was on the interstate about mid way between Baltimore and Annapolis, and I noticed the sky was very dark ahead, and I was driving right into it. Within about 5 minutes, all hell broke loose, and it stormed worse than I've seen it in a long time. Lightening coming from every direction, and rain so heavy, I could barely see the hood of my car. From going 65+ mph on the interstate, to about 30 mph tops, for 15 or 20 minutes straight - I can only compare it to trying to drive thru the heavy, pounding rain, and feeling like I was in a carwash. The wipers even on high, were practically useless. People were pulling off the road because it was almost impossible to see, but I happened to be in a center lane and couldn't (safely) change lanes. The only way I could tell that I was staying in my lane, is that I followed the tail lights of the truck in front of me. When the sky finally started to brighten a little, then it was all over with and the sun was out again in just a couple of minutes, I practically had to peel my fingers loose from the vice like grip I had on the steering wheel. That whole scary episode - even tho only about 15 minutes or so - is more than I like to be part of. I HATE storms like that - especially if I have to be right in the middle of it. :eek:

Catty1
07-16-2014, 03:59 PM
Ellie, I've been in snow like that while driving, and it is terrifying! The worst time I had was taking a mountain route years ago...and there was a semi in front of me, thank God!

It's 87.8 F here right now - that's +31 Celsius!

pomtzu
07-17-2014, 08:44 AM
Yes Candace - I've had the blinding snow too. One time a blizzard set in while I was at work, and it had been snowing for several hours before they closed the place down. I only worked about 5 miles from the house, and it was just a 2 lane country road to get there and less than a 10 minute drive. Driving home was brutal - it took almost an hour - and the only way I could tell if I was actually on the road and not headed for the shoulder and some farmer's field - was to try to see the utility poles and follow them. Mother Nature can certainly play tricks on us, and probably sits back and laughs at us crazy people and how we cope with these tricks.

She redeemed herself today tho - it's one of those rare, beautiful summer days - and I won't be seeing any of her nastiness that I had to deal with a couple of days ago. Forecast is for temps in the low 80's, low humidity, and right now there is a beautiful clear blue sky with not a cloud in sight. It won't last tho,, but I'm not even going to check the extended forecast and let that ruin today for me.

I think Wolfy and I are going to head out to the beach a little later. I've been wondering how he'll like it, and today would be the perfect day to find out. :cool: Hope everyone out there is getting a break from the heat for at least one day. :D

CountryWolf07
07-17-2014, 09:42 AM
Not hot here at all. It's unusal but I guess we are experiencing the POLAR VORTEX here in the midwest. It was 69 degrees yesterday. Today will be 73 degrees but very seasonable, fall like-weather! :D

Randi
07-19-2014, 10:22 AM
It's been quite hot the last few days, and continuing.

Around 10 this morning... and the second one is just after 5 PM

58408 58409

It's now after 9PM...

In my bedroom it's 27,3C. :( My blinds have been shut all day, it doesn't seem to help. I want to go and sleep in the yard! Who can sleep in a bedroom that is over 81F?

Grace
07-19-2014, 03:08 PM
No heat to speak of in SE Michigan so far this summer. I even wore socks to bed a couple of nights ago - it was that or get the flannel sheets back on the bed :)

cassiesmom
07-22-2014, 04:11 PM
Right now it's 89F (32C) with 61% humidity. It's hot out today! We're supposed to get thunderstorms after midnight, though and the forecast for tomorrow is low 80s.

chocolatepuppy
07-22-2014, 04:50 PM
90* F here right now. :rolleyes:

Karen
07-22-2014, 06:27 PM
Hot and muggy today, but I apparently have to wait until tomorrow for a thunderstorm, and even then might not get it!

chocolatepuppy
07-23-2014, 05:42 PM
90* F here right now. :rolleyes:

Yesterday. Now at this time today. 65* Wow!

Karen
07-23-2014, 07:50 PM
Hot, mucky, and I got a sunburn on my arm as I was waiting for the police officer to finish writing stuff up this morning - I was dropping Paul off in Boston, and a woman realized she had passed the entrance to the parking garage, and just put it in reverse and back a car length and a half right into me. I was not moving, as I had stopped to let Paul out, and a police officer was standing maybe 15 feet away. Minor damage to Turtle (my car), and apparently the other lady cracked her bumper, but now I have a sunburned arm, and it itchessssss! Sigh.

90+ degrees and humid all day, but I am hoping for thunderstorms to cool things off!

cassiesmom
07-27-2014, 01:10 AM
Just after 1 AM. 76F (24C) but the humidity is high -- 88 percent. There's a bit of wind, but not enough to keep windows open and still be cool. I'll run the a/c for a couple of hours.

sana
07-30-2014, 08:41 PM
It's been quite hot the last few days, and continuing.

Around 10 this morning... and the second one is just after 5 PM

58408 58409

It's now after 9PM...

In my bedroom it's 27,3C. :( My blinds have been shut all day, it doesn't seem to help. I want to go and sleep in the yard! Who can sleep in a bedroom that is over 81F?

I can!! I volunteer as tribute!! GIMME THAT WEATHER!!! :eek: We have over 110F here!! Well, now, thank God, the weather's getting better! The monsoon season's coming so when it's a bit windy, the rain cools the temperature a lot (otherwise it's just humid and sticky... :( ) 81F is actually awesome weather for us! We're all very happy when the temp.'s in 20's(C)!! And it's 87F right now. Not bad weather! It's really humid but I don't really feel it, since I'm sitting under a fan.. but, normally a fan isn't enough these days...meaning the weather's nice! :eek:

Oh and according to Yahoo! Weather, it feels like 104F...I'm guessing the 81% humidity has something to do with it... :P

Karen
07-30-2014, 09:23 PM
I can!! I volunteer as tribute!! GIMME THAT WEATHER!!! :eek: We have over 110F here!! Well, now, thank God, the weather's getting better! The monsoon season's coming so when it's a bit windy, the rain cools the temperature a lot (otherwise it's just humid and sticky... :( ) 81F is actually awesome weather for us! We're all very happy when the temp.'s in 20's(C)!! And it's 87F right now. Not bad weather! It's really humid but I don't really feel it, since I'm sitting under a fan.. but, normally a fan isn't enough these days...meaning the weather's nice! :eek:

Oh and according to Yahoo! Weather, it feels like 104F...I'm guessing the 81% humidity has something to do with it... :P

OOh, Sana - you would freeze here! Paul looked at me this afternoon (it was about 74°F) and said, "I thought this was supposed to be summer!" I like this weather fine, but he'd rather have your weather!

Catty1
07-30-2014, 09:33 PM
89.6 F here today - 32C.

AND rather humid.

High of 27 for tomorrow and cooler by the weekend.

We got a thunderboomer tonight and some actual RAIN! What a relief!

cloverfdx
07-31-2014, 10:32 AM
It is a lovely 1.3c / 34f here at the moment, possible snow over night and in the morning and only a top of 6c today :).

momcat
07-31-2014, 02:45 PM
It's a beautiful and comfortable 77 degrees here and sunny. I'm hoping this great weather will last at least through tomorrow. Our church is hosting a "Family Block Party" and the entire neighborhood is invited. We're going to have a 17' waterslide, outdoor movie (Frozen), and a barbeque. There will be music, dancing, and our seminary intern will be dressed as the princess in the movie. A dry and temperature comfortable day will make this event a great night out for those who come to join in the fun.

cassiesmom
08-06-2014, 01:12 AM
So it's a little after 1 AM in Chicago. I have the window open but it feels stuffy in here. Can't sleep. It's 68F (20 degrees Celsius), but the humidity is 85% according to the NOAA Web site. There is a bit of a breeze, but my windows face south so I don't feel it moving through the open window. Guess I will run the air conditioner for awhile to try and dehumidify a bit. I'd prefer to have the window open, though.

cassiesmom
08-16-2014, 10:48 PM
10:45 PM. 75F (24C) but 75% humidity. Muggy tonight. Wind is from the south but it's not helping much. Guess I'll close the window and turn on the A/C for awhile.

momcat
08-17-2014, 10:23 PM
At 11.00 at night it's 66 degrees here in Trenton with a nice breeze coming through. They're talking about rain during the week with an increase in humidity. Is it really half past August? Sure doesn't feel like it. Apparently summer decided not to show up this year - no heat waves or 100+ degree days with stifling humidity. That's okay, I'll take this gladly.

chocolatepuppy
08-18-2014, 05:22 AM
It's going to be in the low 80's this week. Luckliy, I have no really hot temperatures to add to this thread. I don't like really hot weather!;)

Vette
08-18-2014, 01:16 PM
Its only 65°F but its muggy an making it seem way hotter than it is

Karen
08-18-2014, 01:25 PM
Lovely 75°F today, and supposed to be around that all week - no complaining from me, but many people think that's too cold for August!

cassiesmom
08-25-2014, 03:25 PM
It was very humid out yesterday even though the temperature was only mid-80s. Some thunderstorms have come through, though. It's now 77F with the humidity down from 85% to 75%. MUCH better.

chocolatepuppy
08-25-2014, 08:40 PM
88*F here today and again tomorrow! At least it's not raining!:rolleyes:

chocolatepuppy
08-26-2014, 09:59 PM
90°F today!:eek:

pomtzu
08-27-2014, 08:26 AM
90's and humid forecast for today - summer has arrived now that it's winding down! :rolleyes: It has been a fairly comfy summer without a lot of high heat and humidity like the past several summers here. I'm putting in my request now for another mild summer next year. :)

chocolatepuppy
08-30-2014, 08:46 PM
90* here today! :rolleyes:

pomtzu
08-31-2014, 12:49 PM
This weekend is the "unofficial end" of the 2014 summer season. And now summer has arrived!!!!! with temps in the 90's and very humid today thru Wednesday. We had very little of typical summer weather all of this summer. It really didn't have to start now. :( It was already like a sauna at 7 a.m. when I took Wolfy out. He did his business in record time and was wanting right back in the cool house. :cool:

kaycountrygal
08-31-2014, 05:47 PM
It was around 90 today with high humidity in central NC. It's going to be hot all week. Cant wait to get back to a/c when I take the girls out for bathroom walk. I think Sissy likes the a/c also. LilGirl is more of a sun child LOL and gets cold easily so I keep her covered most of the time. As for me, I'll be glad when cooler temps get here and lower humidity.

Karen
08-31-2014, 05:59 PM
It was so humid here today (am hoping we will get thunderstorms tonight to clear the air bait) that even in the air-conditioned supermarket, the deli counter display case were fogged over from the outside! I was peering in at something, and the guy came out with a squeegee so I could see what was there!

chocolatepuppy
09-01-2014, 05:41 PM
High of 84* today. Not cooling off much at night.:( Come on fall!

Karen
09-01-2014, 06:01 PM
The weather forecaster noted to day - as it is going to upper 80s to mid-nineties all week, today was much hotter than August first!

pomtzu
09-01-2014, 06:06 PM
The weather forecaster noted to day - as it is going to upper 80s to mid-nineties all week, today was much hotter than August first!

Same here Karen. Forecasting 95 and soupy again tomorrow. Summer like weather now that summer is winding down. Go figure.....:rolleyes:

chocolatepuppy
09-03-2014, 06:58 PM
87* today and going to stay that way next few days!:rolleyes:

chocolatepuppy
09-04-2014, 08:07 PM
91* today, same tomorrow! This is Sept. :confused:

cassiesmom
09-05-2014, 02:34 PM
88 degrees, 59% humidity, severe thunderstorm watch till 8 PM. When I look out of the window, it is definitely starting to cloud over.

Karen
09-06-2014, 05:17 PM
It was hot all week, but now we are having thunderstorms with rain so strong, hard and fast that the stone was behind our apartment has a waterfall going down part of it, and there is not only a pond in the back yard, there's even an inch of water on the cement!

pomtzu
09-08-2014, 10:48 AM
Our late summer heatwave finally broke last night. Near normal (70's) temps forecast all week. The a.c. hasn't even kicked on today!!!!! :D

cassiesmom
09-10-2014, 03:06 PM
81F with 74% humidity. We had thunderstorms come through overnight and through the morning rush period. I hope it heads out over Lake Michigan and misses everybody else- I'm not a fan of thunderstorms.

Karen
09-10-2014, 03:34 PM
81F with 74% humidity. We had thunderstorms come through overnight and through the morning rush period. I hope it heads out over Lake Michigan and misses everybody else- I'm not a fan of thunderstorms.

Send them here - I love thunderstorms!

momcat
09-10-2014, 05:27 PM
It's 75 degrees in Trenton right now with late afternoon sunshine. Our local weatherman, Hurricane Schwartz, is saying that tomorrow we can expect temps near 90 with high humidity then in the late afternoon there will be heavy downpours with damaging winds. Sounds like a good day to stay inside with Amigo.

cassiesmom
09-10-2014, 05:36 PM
It's 75 degrees in Trenton right now with late afternoon sunshine. Our local weatherman, Hurricane Schwartz, is saying that tomorrow we can expect temps near 90 with high humidity then in the late afternoon there will be heavy downpours with damaging winds. Sounds like a good day to stay inside with Amigo.

Momcat, could you please give Amigo some petting and lovies for me :love: :love: while you are staying inside.

momcat
09-10-2014, 05:54 PM
Momcat, could you please give Amigo some petting and lovies for me :love: :love: while you are staying inside.

I'll be sure to tell him the extra lovies are from his Auntie Elyse. He'll be so happy to know that.

Bonny
09-11-2014, 07:36 AM
It was a cool 45 degrees F., this morning & it feels so good. Have been real busy working away at making apple sauce & apple pies to freeze for the winter months. :D

cassiesmom
09-16-2014, 06:09 PM
A very nice day. 67F (19C), 40% humidity. And I'm stuck inside.