PDA

View Full Version : sleeping under the covers

babolaypo65
12-16-2002, 06:56 PM
Hi. i have a strange question (which seems to be the norm for me). im getting ready to head for wisconsin, and have been writing "the note" to prepare the dog/cat sitter for the latest weird habits my pets have. for owen, the scottie, the latest is his total obsession for sleeping under the covers. when i get in bed, he sits at the edge til i get comfy, then nudges the blanket where he wants to come under. he will sleep under there (head included) for hours! now, i know for myself that doing that gives me a headache. does it give him one too? do you guys think i should not let him sleep under the covers? he seems to know when its time to come out! thoughts?:confused:

Uabassoon
12-16-2002, 06:58 PM
My cats sleep under the covers when it gets too cold in my room. I figure it it bothers them then they'll get out. But if they seem to like sleeping under the covers then I don't see anything wrong with it.

Cincy'sMom
12-16-2002, 07:22 PM
Sadie, my 60 lb lab mix always sleep under the covers, between my husband and I. when she gets too warm, she comes out and sleep on top of the covers, and sometimes, will then go back under later. Somehow, she had learned to do this without waking us up (or maybe we have learned to sleep through it!)

babolaypo65
12-16-2002, 09:04 PM
i certainly LIKE that owen sleeps under the covers. its actually more comfortable than having him ON them. at least i can move around. good to know there are others! he sure likes it, i wont make him stop!
thanks!

aly
12-16-2002, 10:05 PM
My Reece sleeps under the covers too. He usually sleeps under for half the night then migrates out of them sometime in the early morning. The only problem I've had with him sleeping under the covers is sometimes Lolly lays right on the spot where he is and squishes him :eek: (but he just rolls out of her way)

Twisterdog
12-16-2002, 11:54 PM
Three of my dogs sleep under the covers every night. In fact, Pepper spends the better portion of the entire day sleeping under the covers. They have the sense to decide if they want to or not. The rest of my dogs would never sleep under the covers. To each his own, I suppose. I wouldn't worry about your dog, he'll decide what best for him. :)

Rachel
12-17-2002, 06:30 AM
Tucker is my under the cover sleeper. If he gets too hot he will jump out but he also somehow gets back in during the night without my help (although I think I may raise the covers in my sleep. We have all kinds of different posititions as he sleeps slapped right up against me....spooning...his legs in my back...back to back. Of all the dogs I have had, he is my first under the cover sleeper and I just love it.