PDA

View Full Version : Middle names?

Karen
06-13-2014, 03:17 PM
Does your cat have a middle name? Today's Cat of the Day's full name is actually Skippy Earle Beaux-Dean !And I know catmandu's kitties have very long names, how about other folks?

cassiesmom
06-13-2014, 04:27 PM
Does your cat have a middle name? Today's Cat of the Day's full name is actually Skippy Earle Beaux-Dean !And I know catmandu's kitties have very long names, how about other folks?

Cassie Claire Marie, for my two grandmothers :love:

My sister's RB Poco's middle name was Frank. Poco Frank, named for "Old Blue Eyes".

RICHARD
06-13-2014, 04:58 PM
I depends on what name I call him?

But, they are initials. "D" or "P".

Grace
06-13-2014, 05:20 PM
We have 4 cats, and one of them has FIVE names. And she knows them all :)

We call her Abby, short for Abigail. Her full name is Mary Alice Abigail Cyd Charisse.

pomtzu
06-13-2014, 06:03 PM
Lukie Fluffytail

Leia Longtail

Obviously a descriptive of their tails. I tell them that they got in the wrong line when tails were being handed out! They both have the longest and fluffiest tails I've ever seen on a cat that wasn't long-haired all over. They are medium hair except for their huge squirrel-like tails. :cool:

snakemama
06-13-2014, 07:27 PM
Katie is Katie Mae...I find myself singing to her "Katie Mae Maeeeee" when I brush her in the evenings!

TopCat3
06-14-2014, 04:13 AM

My brown and white tabby rescue's full name is Cara Mia (they had called her Mia in the adoption centre and I wanted it to begin with C) I call her Cara mostly, or Tabby Trousers or The Tabster or Miss Tabitha. So Mia is sort of her middle name.

My chocolate pt Siamese Coco's full name is Coco Chanel. So Chanel is her 2nd name but we don't often use it. She gets called Chockie Socks as well.

Colette is just Colette and is very very special.

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-14-2014, 06:39 AM
My 4 girls all have one official name. So Maya is officials Maya Gabriels.
But, they have severals "call-names"! These deppend on my mood or there attitude....
Inka also listens to "Tinky winkie", Snoopy is also calles Snoopy the poopy (:D;)), Zazou is also called Zouky, Pooky, Mooie Zazou (Dutch for "beautiful Zazou), and Maya is also Maaike, Maaitje.
Our angel Sydney was often called Sydje, which means little Sydney, dearest Sydney

In Belgium pets usually only have 1 name. Humans can have 2 or even 3 first names, these are most often the names of their godfather and godmother. So I am Lut Mariette Jacques. Our kids however have 2 names. The first names is how we named them, the second name is their original name (given by their natural mom).
So our son listens to Jo Hyun, and our daughter Indra Mukul.

catmandu
06-14-2014, 09:19 AM
My Cats do have long names , but I am senilish , so I call them , say Empress of Many names or Sydney ChristiOfur Colby. Bt a Cat by any name would be my lifelong Cat Companions , and so much loved!!!:love::love::love:

TopCat3
06-14-2014, 12:26 PM
My Cats do have long names , but I am senilish , so I call them , say Empress of Many names or Sydney ChristiOfur Colby. Bt a Cat by any name would be my lifelong Cat Companions , and so much loved!!!:love::love::love:

I have always been mystified by the names you choose for your cats, Catmandu.

katladyd
06-14-2014, 01:45 PM
I love Catmandu's names for his kitties! As far as my cats go, Mac's proper name is McGyver, but he is mostly called Mac, or if I string all his names together he is either Mickey Mac or Mac Mac M'gak (he's a puker):D

Kimba's full name is Kimba the White Lion. He is generally called Kimmers.

phesina
06-14-2014, 02:01 PM
My RB kitties Peony was Peony Marie and Lucy was Lucy Mae. :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

kaycountrygal
06-14-2014, 03:50 PM
No, George or Georgie as I often call him has one name unless he irritates me to the point of saying ugly words :). He is getting into EVERYTHING. There is no place in this house that he cannot jump or climb or maneuver to get into something he shouldnt. Every morning I find an item on the floor and I think..how did you get there and knock it off?? I always end my complaining with I'm glad I got George :). I think he is going to be a huge cat & he's not quite 4 months old.

Casper
06-14-2014, 06:51 PM
We have...

Khaith Elias
Martha Centauri
Adelaide Riceball
Snowball Samuel

Floki has yet to receive a middle name, nothing has "stuck".

phesina
06-14-2014, 08:49 PM
Casper, what a swell collection of names your cats have there!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Catty1
06-14-2014, 09:45 PM
Oscar Mayer Wild(e)

Cole Rover Porter

Zoe. I didn't get to name her as she came from the shelter and had just the one name. Maybe Zoe Bowie? :D

I love looking at all the charming names for kitties here!

mrspunkysmom
06-15-2014, 08:38 PM
Sam's full name is Samwise Rory Beauregard Gamgee, the Red.

When I first got him, I called him RED, or RedGuy.
I tried to think of a name that fit him. I've always liked the name Sam, but I had a Sam when I was a kid. I was trying to make a point to Mom about reincarnating dead pets. I even called him Sams for a long time. It didn't work.

So I liked Samwise Gamgee for Sam.
Rory means Red
Beauregard is a good ole southern name.

He mainly answers to Sam or 'sTham', with a lisp. He seems to like the latter. He does know his name.

Jane is actually Lady Jane Grey and goes by Jane. When she was younger, she answered to "Little Girl".

dehlers43
06-16-2014, 02:54 AM
No second names (except for Princess Chelsea Pearl) but all of my fur friends have/had titles....:)
Princess Chelsea Pearl
President Franklin
Sir Winston RB
Prince Charles RB
Sir Wallace of Dogs RB
Lady Jane RB
Squire Newton RB

carole
06-16-2014, 05:20 AM
yes i did it for a bit of a laugh, as pedigrees always have long names, so i figured my girls deserved it too.

Nikkita marie bethany rose and lexie anne jasmine poppy:D.

momoffuzzyfaces
06-16-2014, 06:07 PM
I have Chester Leroy, Winnie Sue, Angel Rose, Chip Pee, Chuckie Joe aka Chuck, and Frankie James.:D

Abby&Buddy'sMom
06-17-2014, 05:45 PM
MY kittys "formal names" would be : Abbigail Marie ( Abby) , Budjamin Joseph or Budjamin J. (Buddy/aka Budgy) and lastly Kiki Poo (Kiki) :)

chocolatepuppy
06-17-2014, 08:59 PM
Angel is my only cat with a middle name. She was named Angel when I adopted her from a rescue.

I gave her the middle name Anna, after my grandma. I remember her having kitties when I was a kid.:)

catmandu
06-18-2014, 09:21 AM
Sydney and ChristinOfur are named in honor of Pat , aka Phesina's Angels Sydney and Christopher , and Scrappy Two is wed to my Scrappy Two and Christopher to my Big Maine Coon Stray Sydney CjhristinOfur.
Love is eternal at the Found Cat Hotel:love::love::love: