PDA

View Full Version : Invisible Monsters in Your Pet’s Bowls? (Or do you keep them really clean?)

phesina
06-10-2014, 06:56 PM
This is an article about how important it is to keep your pet's food and water bowls CLEAN.. Washing them thoroughly after each use.. Why plastic bowls are a bad idea...

http://www.care2.com/causes/invisible-monsters-in-your-pets-bowls.html#

pomtzu
06-11-2014, 08:46 AM
This crew's water and food bowls get washed at least once daily - even if they look clean. I know that plastic ones aren't the best choice, so that makes washing thoroughly even more important. With 5 cats and a dog all in the house, I always make sure that they have fresh, clean water, since everyone drinks from whatever bowl they feel like. There are 2 big plastic ones in the kitchen, 2 stainless ones in the family room, and a plastic and a ceramic for Wolfy in my bedroom. Of course the cats like Wolfy's, and Wolfy likes the ones in the kitchen - go figure!! :rolleyes:

Taz_Zoee
06-11-2014, 09:29 AM
I am guilty of not cleaning the food bowls enough. I feel that I clean the water dish enough, though not daily. We have a large stainless bowl in the kitchen for all 4 kids. And there is a small water dish in the "cat room" since Jax gets shut in there each day.

Ok, I'll do better to keep the dishes (all of them) clean. :)

carole
06-16-2014, 05:18 AM
thanks for that, i always knew not to have plastic bowls, but i must admit i need to be more fussy, after reading that article i will be from now on,its always good to learn new things,i have learnt so much from PT and i feel because of it i am now the best pet owner my cats could have and deserve.