PDA

View Full Version : Since I'm new.....

firefox2
12-16-2002, 11:00 AM
I thought I would post a thread as to what pets I have, and hope that everyone will tell me what they have as well :)

Sadly, we lost one of our rescue rats this morning, so we are now down to 14 rats, 3 dogs, 1 cat, 2 ferrets, 2 degus, 2 hedgehogs, 24 adult chinchillas and currently 5 babies, 8 poodle mice, 2 spiney mice, 2 black bear hamsters and 2 tanks of fish (I think that's all :rolleyes: )

Cataholic
12-16-2002, 11:02 AM
Hi Firefox...welcome to PT, and I am sorry you lost one of your pets today. That is always sad.

I have six tuxedo cats...five of which are pictured below! I think you will enjoy it here.

aly
12-16-2002, 11:20 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk!! What a crew you have there! I look forward to hearing about them all :)

I am so sorry you lost a beloved family member this morning. I know how it feels :(

What are poodle mice? Sounds cute :D

I have 2 dogs, a foster dog, a cat, and some fish. I pretty much always have at least one foster at all times.

Looking forward to hearing more from you :)

Chinadoll
12-16-2002, 11:26 AM
Hi!
I have 5 ferrets and 3 kittens. Pics are in my sig below. If you'd like to read how I got each furball you can visit my website(some of the pictures pages are not done, so if you click on a link and it doesn't go anywhere, that's why) The Fuzzy Krewe (http://loyno.edu/~tdomil)

Sounds like you have a full house. Must be fun. I'd love to see pics of some of your furries. Welcome!

firefox2
12-16-2002, 11:27 AM
A poodle mouse is a rex mouse and a satin mouse crossed to give the wavy shiney fur effect. Here is a picture :D These are actually babies, we don't breed mice, but the person we got the "girls" from mis-sexed them :rolleyes:

aly
12-16-2002, 11:46 AM
OH MY!!!! THey are so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!

Karen
12-16-2002, 12:04 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk - with that crew, you sound like you'll fit right in here!

Sorry about the poor rescue rat. With 14 mice, how many cages do you have? Just curious!

DoggiesAreTheBest
12-16-2002, 12:11 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk, firefox2! I look forward to seeing more pictures of your fur family and hearing their stories.

My name is Souraya (like Mariah) and I am owned by my GSD/Wolf hybrid, Draker! He is my pride and joy.

luckies4me
12-16-2002, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by firefox2
I thought I would post a thread as to what pets I have, and hope that everyone will tell me what they have as well :)

Sadly, we lost one of our rescue rats this morning, so we are now down to 14 rats, 3 dogs, 1 cat, 2 ferrets, 2 degus, 2 hedgehogs, 24 adult chinchillas and currently 5 babies, 8 poodle mice, 2 spiney mice, 2 black bear hamsters and 2 tanks of fish (I think that's all :rolleyes: )

Hey, finally someone who has exotics like me! Yippe! I used to breed spinies and degus, and chinchillas and we begin breeding hedgehogs next spring. I will be getting a platinum female in a few weeks.:D You have rats, do you breed them? I breed a wide variety of fancy rats, including tailess. Can you post some pictures? We all love to see pics! How bout some spiny mice pics!? What color hedgies do you have? What color chins do you have? It is so cool you have exotics! yippe, welcome to the club. :D

You might want to mosey on over to the Small and Furries website to look at their albino and cream colored spinies. What type of spinies do you own?

ramanth
12-16-2002, 01:00 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk!

Sounds like one big happy family at your place! :D

Sorry to hear about the loss of your cat this morning. :(

mugsy
12-16-2002, 01:22 PM
Sounds like a regular zoo!! My husband and I are owned by 18 rescue dogs. I got to hold a hedgehog at the pet store the other day...what little cuties they are.

Uabassoon
12-16-2002, 01:28 PM
Welcome!! I can't wait to hear more about your pets!! Sounds like to have lots of fun critters to keep you busy. I have two cats an orange tabby named Corkscrew and a Siamese mix named Tibby.

Kfamr
12-16-2002, 02:20 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk, Firefox2!

My name is KayAnn and I have a German Shepherd Pit Bull mix, Named Simba. He will be 5 on Christmas, and he is also picture in my signature.
Hope you like it here, ahh i know you will!

zippy-kat
12-16-2002, 02:23 PM
WeLCoMe!!

I'm owned by one dog (Sara) and three cats (Clarice, Tinker, & K'Cee). :)

jenluckenbach
12-16-2002, 02:41 PM
A very big welcome to you!!!! I have 13 cats and 16 mice. (some are satin and one is a rex, but I've got to have those poodle mice now.....super cute)

NoahsMommy
12-16-2002, 03:06 PM
Welcome! You'll really enjoy it here. :)

My hubby and I are owned by three cats, Noah, Noel, Basil and our newest addition is Olivia.

Aspen and Misty
12-16-2002, 03:56 PM
Welcome! Wha ta large amount of pets your have! I have 16 pets all together, one which was recued yesterday, plus maybe some kittens on the way! I am owned by, 3 dogs, 5 cats, 4 rats, 1 Oscar (fish), 2 Cat fish, 1 Sucker, 1 beta, 1 Chameleon, I think thats all. I woudl love to hear about your rats! I just love um!

Ash

babolaypo65
12-16-2002, 04:20 PM
what a great idea. i should have thought to do an introduction a few months back when i joined.
i have a scottish terrier named owen (2 and a half years) and a white cat named clive who adopted us last month (he was a stray, whose owners moved away).

Desert Arabian
12-16-2002, 04:37 PM
Welcome!! I must say, you have a lot of pets!! I have never heard of a poodle mouse, they are really cute! I have 1 Mackeral Tabby cat; Dudley, 5 rats- Nugget, Sweet Pea, Peanut, (girls), Oscar and Fred (dumbo boys- seen in my sig.). I also have a wonderful friend, Jack the Quarter/Morgan horse. A lot of us here on Pet Talk love to see pictures ;), I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.

-Yellow Lab Lover

I noticed your birthday is on September 11th :( /:)

ChrisH
12-16-2002, 04:59 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk firefox2. :)

I have two pets, a dog named Bob and a cat named Ebby.

Twisterdog
12-16-2002, 05:05 PM
Welcome!

I have eleven dogs, ten birds, two betas and one snake.

All Creatures Great And Small
12-16-2002, 05:59 PM
Welcome! I am YellowLabLover's mom, so the kitty you see in my signature is the mackeral tabby she mentioned. The kitty is my only pet - I seem to be in the minority here! And yes, we do love pictures, so post away! Those poodle mice are adorable; I've never seen those before.

jenluckenbach
12-16-2002, 08:17 PM
Welcome also to babolaypo65!!

You've got to post that white cat, Clive , on the thread for white kitties.

COCatMama
12-16-2002, 08:43 PM
Hello new person
I only have ONE PET! hahah a GSD/Siberian Husky named Juneau, I also have a bunch of straggly looking houseplants :)

Crikit
12-16-2002, 08:43 PM
Hey welcome to Pet Talk. Sounds like you got quite a crew there. I'm Tracy and I'm the proud momma of Smudge a 3 yr old male lab cross, Winter a 2 yr old female border collie, and as of Wednesday Rugby a 1 1/2 yr old male papillion. I'm sure you'll like it here.

babolaypo65
12-16-2002, 09:43 PM
thanks! first i've got to get some photos of the white kitty. im working on it... he's a real great cat. cant imagine why someone would have left him behind....

Originally posted by jenluckenbach
Welcome also to babolaypo65!!

You've got to post that white cat, Clive , on the thread for white kitties.

The Cat Factory
12-16-2002, 11:09 PM
Hi! Welcome to Pet Talk! I have 9 cats and 1 dog, and fish :)

firefox2
12-16-2002, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by luckies4me

Hey, finally someone who has exotics like me! Yippe! I used to breed spinies and degus, and chinchillas and we begin breeding hedgehogs next spring. I will be getting a platinum female in a few weeks.:D You have rats, do you breed them? I breed a wide variety of fancy rats, including tailess. Can you post some pictures? We all love to see pics! How bout some spiny mice pics!? What color hedgies do you have? What color chins do you have? It is so cool you have exotics! yippe, welcome to the club. :D

You might want to mosey on over to the Small and Furries website to look at their albino and cream colored spinies. What type of spinies do you own?

Let's see, I will give as much detail as to colours as I can, I have to name them all to keep track LOL:
Chinchillas:
Clifton - TOV white ebony m
Juliet - hetero beige f
Falkor - pink white m
Mina - white mosaic f
Krystal - standard/sapphire carrier f
a boyfriend for Krystal with no name as he arrives after x-mas - also a standard/sc m
Romeo - white mosaic m
Champagne - homo beige f
Pandora - hetero ebony f
Holly - standard f
Smee - hetero beige m
Bastian - TOV violet m
Wanda - hetero beige f
Rosie - standard f
Bernard - brown velvet/ebony carrier m
Pepito - pink white m
Chiquita - black velvet f
Pedro - standard m
Dana - black velvet f
Grumpy - hetero beige m
Viola - TOV violet f
Buddy - hetero ebony/violet carrier m
Puff - standard f
Nanuk - white ebony m
and the baby chins, going to their homes in the next 4-6 weeks:
standard m (not named yet)
standard m (Tick Tock)
hetero beige m (Littlefoot)
brown velvet f - Marissa
reverse mosaic f - Asia

OK, I'm almost afraid to tell you the rats and stuff, the list is so long, but here goes. We have some pedigreed rats that we let have one litter, as we wanted to keep some ratties and some friends wanted some, but otherwise we do not breed them. Here is a detailed list:
Ida - dumbo himi (pedigreed)
Gem - dumbo blue
Dahlia - dumbo platimun rex (rescue & sister to Belle, Sugar, Candy and Ling)
Belle - hairless dumbo
Ling - hairless siamese
Sugar - hairless standard
Candy - platinum rex
PC - possum faced dumbo
Mac - possum faced dumbo (they are bro's)
ok, these guys I am not sure of the names, the kids have it all sorted out:
2 black veriberk dumbos
1 black irish dumbo
2 blue dumbos

Hedgies are: An algerian chocolate (Orbit) and a brown (Pikachu)

Not sure of the spiney's, they are rescues as well

wolf_Q
12-17-2002, 02:36 AM
Welcome Firefox, and also babolaypo!

Firefox, what kind of dogs do you have? At least I thought you said you had dogs...lol...I'm tired. :)

My name is Amy, and I have 3 dogs--Reggie the schnauzer, Smokey the poodle, and Nebo the siberian husky.

anna_66
12-17-2002, 07:48 AM
I'm Anna & I have 3 furkids (in my pic below)!
Angus (a 11 yr old Rottweiler)
Roxey (a 1 1/ yr old Siberian)
and Huney ( 1 1/2 yr old Chow...or at least we think:rolleyes: )

I'm sure your going to love it here!

luckies4me
12-17-2002, 10:31 AM

Let's see, I will give as much detail as to colours as I can, I have to name them all to keep track LOL:
Chinchillas:
Clifton - TOV white ebony m
Juliet - hetero beige f
Falkor - pink white m
Mina - white mosaic f
Krystal - standard/sapphire carrier f
a boyfriend for Krystal with no name as he arrives after x-mas - also a standard/sc m
Romeo - white mosaic m
Champagne - homo beige f
Pandora - hetero ebony f
Holly - standard f
Smee - hetero beige m
Bastian - TOV violet m
Wanda - hetero beige f
Rosie - standard f
Bernard - brown velvet/ebony carrier m
Pepito - pink white m
Chiquita - black velvet f
Pedro - standard m
Dana - black velvet f
Grumpy - hetero beige m
Viola - TOV violet f
Buddy - hetero ebony/violet carrier m
Puff - standard f
Nanuk - white ebony m
and the baby chins, going to their homes in the next 4-6 weeks:
standard m (not named yet)
standard m (Tick Tock)
hetero beige m (Littlefoot)
brown velvet f - Marissa
reverse mosaic f - Asia

OK, I'm almost afraid to tell you the rats and stuff, the list is so long, but here goes. We have some pedigreed rats that we let have one litter, as we wanted to keep some ratties and some friends wanted some, but otherwise we do not breed them. Here is a detailed list:
Ida - dumbo himi (pedigreed)
Gem - dumbo blue
Dahlia - dumbo platimun rex (rescue & sister to Belle, Sugar, Candy and Ling)
Belle - hairless dumbo
Ling - hairless siamese
Sugar - hairless standard
Candy - platinum rex
PC - possum faced dumbo
Mac - possum faced dumbo (they are bro's)
ok, these guys I am not sure of the names, the kids have it all sorted out:
2 black veriberk dumbos
1 black irish dumbo
2 blue dumbos

Hedgies are: An algerian chocolate (Orbit) and a brown (Pikachu)

Not sure of the spiney's, they are rescues as well

I have been to your site a long time ago....I just love those possum faced cuties! I think a friend of mine, James from South East Chins may have bought a chin off you? He's located in Virginia. That's how I got to your site a long time ago. I only have one chin, as you can see in my avitar. He's a PEW. I was told he was a WIlson White at first but obviously not, lol.

I breed fancy rats in many tpes: tailess, dumbo, odd eye, rex, double rex, velveteen, masked etc. I am also owned by 5 cats, and some strays around here. A tortoise named Luce Caboose, a white spot gecko, a super dooper mousie named Fred and other critters. You can see my avitar. Perhaps James was maybe interested in your degus. Oh well! I think your site is great.

I have been studying the algerian colors and I might actually get an algerian chocolate if all goes well. I'm still waiting on my platinum, which was VERY hard to find. I find the algerian colors more attractive. :) Welcome again, this place is great!:D

toughCookie
12-17-2002, 10:42 AM
welcome to pettalk firefix2! looking forward to seeing pics of your pets :) I have 7 cats, 2 are 8 month old black and white, one is long hair, both males. the other five are females, ages 1-3 years old.
2 are littermates, gray tabbies with a little siamese/abysinnian . 1 is a tortie, 1 is a calico tortie. and 1 is a calico/siamese mix. I have several pic of them all posted on here. the latest pic is one of my favorites, Charlie and Patches under the xmas tree, they look like they are kissing!

I think you will like it here firefox2, it's alot fo fun.:D

firefox2
12-17-2002, 10:51 AM
I have a lot of pictures I could post, just not sure whether to make a new thread under the pet sections or post them here.

iceyshiver21
12-17-2002, 02:37 PM
Hey wlecome to Pet Talk!!

I have 5 dogs:
Dutchess(rotty, female)
Annie(Newfoundland/Basset hound mix, female)
Odie(Springer/Border Collie,male)
Bishop(a german sheperd mix, male)
Buck (a labrador, male)
I have five cats:
Memow, Blueberry, ozzy, Peppy all female
I have two rabbits:
Emily(mix,female) and Nelly(mix, male)
and i have a rat: named Mesee

toughCookie
12-17-2002, 08:01 PM
I don't think it matters where you post them... here or a new thread titled pics and your pets name is one idea.

firefox2
12-18-2002, 12:12 AM
I know James, I use to talk to him daily LOL. He never bought a chin from me though. I agree, your chin is not a wilson white, they are VERY rare, maybe even non-existent at this point. Your chin is a pink white.

I posted a variety of pictures in the pet section this morning :D

luckies4me
12-18-2002, 12:38 AM
I know James, I use to talk to him daily LOL. He never bought a chin from me though. I agree, your chin is not a wilson white, they are VERY rare, maybe even non-existent at this point. Your chin is a pink white.

I posted a variety of pictures in the pet section this morning :D

Yes I know he is PEW. lol. I knew the first time I laid eyes on him. James claims to have a few Wilson Whites. I looked at his site but I don't see any, lol. I need to go check it out again.

Pics? OOOH! I need to go look! :D :p

ownerof3dogs
12-18-2002, 12:44 AM
Welcome to Pet talk!!
I have three dogs:

Hercules: Rotty/Aussie shep/Border collie
Felice: Shepherd/Akita
Zeus: Rotty/Border collie

and

four cats:

Mitzy
Astro