PDA

View Full Version : We are back from the show!!!! Results inside.

Dixieland Dancer
12-16-2002, 09:19 AM
What a wonderful weekend it was! So many dogs and so many activities going on it was enough to send you into doggie overload (if that is possible).

Well I guess I better give you all the news..... There is good and there is bad. First... we were about 30 miles into our two hour trip to Cleveland when I remembered I forgot my digital camera and cam-corder. So I apolagize there will be a wait for some pictures. :( A friend had a regular 35mm camera and we have to wait to have pictures developed.

Second.... DUSTY PLACED FIRST ALL THREE DAYS IN HIS CLASS IN THE CONFORMATION RING!!!!! :D :) :rolleyes: :D :D He really looked great in the ring! Then in the winners dog ring he placed third twice and we don't know about the third day since the judge already seemed to know who she was going to put as winner. One judge said he was a "Nice dog but he needs to mature still to take winners dog". I kind of already knew that but just to get that far was amazing!!!!

How it works is the winners of the 6 different regular classes are determined. This is the class Dusty won. Then these 6 dogs compete against each other for winners dog. They do the same for the bitches. Then they have the Best of Breed competition from all entered dogs who have already got their championship and the winner of winners dog and winners bitch. This determines Best of Breed who then goes on to compete in Best in Group and then ultimately in Best of Show.

We were also in obedience. We were in a scheduling conflict on Friday and didn't get to compete on Friday. Saturday Dusty got his first qualifying score in Novice B towards his Companion Dog title. He didn't place but showed well. He lost points for being distracted by a spooked dog right outside our ring. He got it back together but we lost enough points to take us out of the placement positions.

Sunday he was so worn out from playing with the dogs in the hotel room across from us that he actually looked like he was sleep walking. He even fell asleep on our 3 minute long down exercise. The judge said "You need to get that dog some sleep!" Needless to say we were excused from the ring and I was actually glad we were. I should of forgotten about obedience all together on Sunday since I knew he would do bad before we even went in the ring.

When we came home he slept and slept and slept! Both him and Dixie had a terrific weekend! I am still in shock that he took first three days in a row in his class in conformation!!! ;)

Thanks for all your well wishes! :D

jackiesdaisy1935
12-16-2002, 09:30 AM
Wow Dixie, CONGRATULATIONS to Dusty and to you, you both did wonderful. I can see why he was tired, lol, but it sounds like you all had a great time.
Jackie, Miss Daisy and Perry

DoggiesAreTheBest
12-16-2002, 09:32 AM
Congrats to you Candy, and to Dusty of course!! What a great accomplishement. Tha competition was tough and Dusty still places first in his class in confirmation. That is great!!

I can't wait to see pictures!!

zippy-kat
12-16-2002, 09:40 AM
CONGRATS DUSTY DOG and PROUD MOMMA CANDY!

Logan
12-16-2002, 09:42 AM
CONGRATULATIONS to both of you, Candy!!!!! :D :D :D All of your hard work has paid off!!! Hug that sweet boy for me, please!!! :)

trisha0503
12-16-2002, 09:47 AM
Hi everyonez, Missy here...

Welcomez home Duzty and congratulationz ! I know you'll do wellz... You know whatz? I can barelyz walkz right now...My pawz are all crozzed sinze Friday, prayingz to Godz so he guidez you in all eventz... I guezz my prayerz were anzwered and I'm so happy:) I think you need to give me a good mazzages :rolleyes: so my pawz can go backz to its original formz:p

As my wayz of welcomingz you, I askz Mom to takez this picture... Do you have any idea how hard it iz to poze in this picturez? this pink thingie in my head is so itchie :rolleyes: and Momz alwayz tellz me to zmile ! I'm alzo upsetz with Momz becauze she alwayz crackz up while takingz picturez? Anything punny in this picturez?
Thiz is por you handsomez Duzty! Congzratulationzz !

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid42/p71e83c38310d33d9730e2c3bec9bdb56/fcf225d7.jpg

Dixieland Dancer
12-16-2002, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by trisha0503
Hi everyonez, Missy here...

I think you need to give me a good mazzages :rolleyes: so my pawz can go backz to its original formz:p

Hi Missy! Thiz iz Dusty. Thankz for crozzin your pawz for me. If I waz nearer to you I would give you a leg massage to get you goin again! Momz givez me good onez and I learned how from her. :rolleyes:

I also like the purty picture of you. Thankz for takin it juz for me! You are breath taking. I saw all kindz of girlz over the weekend but none can hold a candle to you and your beauty! You inzpire me!! :D

Lovez,
Dusty

trisha0503
12-16-2002, 12:37 PM
I could smell http://smilies.networkessence.net/s/otn/love/sweety.gif http://smilies.networkessence.net/s/otn/love/sweety.gif Doggy Love http://smilies.networkessence.net/s/otn/love/sweety.gif http://smilies.networkessence.net/s/otn/love/sweety.gif in the air!!

Corinna
12-16-2002, 02:51 PM
Great going Dusty!!!!!!! I love to see the obediance as well as confromation on a dogs pedagree. Makes them a more rounded dog. His time will come for the Champion title. I know how it can seem like dog overload, been to so many shows myself. I still can't get enough of them. Gald you had a great day.

lizbud
12-16-2002, 03:07 PM
Congratulations Dusty (and Candy too),

I knew you'd give it your very best shot, but First place for
all three days, Great job Dusty. :) I'll look forward to some
pics of you & Dixie later.:D

Aspen and Misty
12-16-2002, 03:51 PM
Great Job Dusty!!!!!!!!! We all are so proud of you!!! Yo udid so great, extra puppy treats for you!!

Ash

Cincy'sMom
12-16-2002, 04:02 PM
Congrats Dusty and Candy!!! What an exciting weekend!

Uabassoon
12-16-2002, 04:14 PM
Great job Dusty and Candy!! Congrats!

Sudilar
12-16-2002, 05:00 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!

And you had FUN, too!!!!

ChrisH
12-16-2002, 05:13 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!! :) :) :)

KYS
12-16-2002, 05:53 PM
Woo WOo WOo! CONGRATULATIONS to Dusty and to you.

slleipnir
12-16-2002, 06:27 PM
Congrats!! Sounds like a lot of fun!!

Cookiebaker
12-16-2002, 07:57 PM
DUSTY PLACED FIRST ALL THREE DAYS IN HIS CLASS IN THE CONFORMATION RING!!!!!

Oh my that is so impressive!! Those competitions sound like so much fun!! I've never been to anything like that, but someday I would definitely like to go.

It reminds me of one of my favorite books that I read growing up. "Karen" and "With love from Karen" they had dogs (Newfoundlands) that went through shows & competitions. I was always fascinated by that, and one of my favorite parts of the books were where she described how they brushed & put their dogs through different exercises in preparation.

Crikit
12-16-2002, 08:49 PM
Congrats Candy and Dusty. I knew you could do it.

*LabLoverKEB*
12-16-2002, 09:38 PM
Congratulations, Dusty, and Candy!!! Way to go! :) ;)

ellensy
12-16-2002, 11:20 PM
CONGRATULATIONS !!!

wolf_Q
12-17-2002, 02:28 AM
Congrats Dusty! You are such a handsome boy, and you deserve it all!!

anna_66
12-17-2002, 07:30 AM
CONGRATULATIONS YOU TWO
We knew you would be awesome! Now, get you some rest, you sound like one tired pup:D

K9karen
12-17-2002, 08:29 AM
What can I say? I am SOOO proud of you, handsome, sweet, precious Dusty!! Heavenly kisses and hugs to my "main" Golden Boy!!!! Good job Candy!!!

Tina
12-17-2002, 10:02 AM
Congrats Dusty and Candy!! :)

Albea
12-17-2002, 11:55 AM
CONGRATULATIONS TO DEAR DUSTY AND HIS MOM FROM CARINA AND ALICIA

tatsxxx11
12-17-2002, 01:34 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOH!!!!! Go, Dusty Go!!!:) Candy, you must be SO proud!!!:) That image of exhausted Dusty snoozing in the "long down" is too precious. What a dear, sweet pupster! Of course he was tired after all winning all those placements! Congratulations Dusty and Mom!! Sandra, Star and Cody give you 3 huge paws/thumbs up for doing such a great job!:)

primabella
12-17-2002, 02:57 PM
congratulations to you both!!

lovemyshiba
12-17-2002, 05:49 PM
:D CONGRATULATIONS:D

ownerof3dogs
12-17-2002, 10:58 PM
Great Job Dusty!!!!!!!!! We are so proud of you. It sounds lke you guys had a great weekend! I knew you would do good

Diana

Cisco's Mom
12-20-2002, 10:06 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Dusty it def. sounds like you have earned a good vacation!!:)

I know you will keep on raising the roof in your competitions!!:eek:

:) :D ;) :) :D ;)