PDA

View Full Version : Ice Cream sundae, Thursday #587

RICHARD
05-29-2014, 02:04 PM
I think that since the weather is warmer, it's time for an ICS.....

Or a float, cone or parfait.

-----

I am going to start with a cone, One scoop of walnut and another of bing cherry......or a vanilla scoop with a little Frangelico or Bailey's on top?

Who is in?

Karen
05-29-2014, 03:29 PM
Always in for Ice Cream! As no allergens exist here in Thursdays. I will take some coffee ice cream with black walnuts and warm maple syrup, please! For starters ...

RICHARD
05-29-2014, 03:42 PM
Always in for Ice Cream! As no allergens exist here in Thursdays. I will take some coffee ice cream with black walnuts and warm maple syrup, please! For starters ...

You cannot go wrong with walnuts......Done!

Karen
05-29-2014, 05:37 PM
Bartender, or other, have you ever tasted any of the alcohol-flavored ice creams they make? I can imagine the kahlua one is tasty, as I have had Kahlua in my college days, but what about the others? Do they taste good? Never saw the appeal of rum raisin ...

cassiesmom
05-29-2014, 11:28 PM
I scream, you scream ... does Fridays have kid size portions? I just need a little something sweet.

Karen
05-30-2014, 08:51 AM
I scream, you scream ... does Fridays have kid size portions? I just need a little something sweet.

As long as you don't let Orc serve ... what's your flavor of choice?

smokey the elder
05-30-2014, 10:08 AM
Yum...a long time ago I had a parfait made with vanilla ice cream and Creme de Menthe. It was divine. I think I'd like one of those, please.

RICHARD
05-30-2014, 02:17 PM
Yum...a long time ago I had a parfait made with vanilla ice cream and Creme de Menthe. It was divine. I think I'd like one of those, please.

And so, you shall be served!

Vanilla and a CdM. Done!

CM, what are you having?

Karen,

I like the countertop concoctions better? It's fun to put a scoop of vanilla into a blender, a shot of liquer in and make a shake out of it?

That and the fact that I hate to spend 4-5-6 dollars for a half gallon of ice cream that I may not like.

Lady's Human
05-30-2014, 04:06 PM
I''ll take one of the barkeep's countertop creations?

Being that I've been negligent in my duties here lately, Hey Barkeep:

What's the shortest distance between two puns?

cassiesmom
05-30-2014, 05:15 PM

As long as you don't let Orc serve ... what's your flavor of choice?

One of my favorite summertime treats is from Culver's (midwest chain serving frozen custard)- vanilla custard and coffee. I just like the flavors of the vanilla and coffee together, and the hot and cold.

RICHARD
05-31-2014, 09:42 AM
I''ll take one of the barkeep's countertop creations?

Being that I've been negligent in my duties here lately, Hey Barkeep:

What's the shortest distance between two puns?

I am not sure about the distance, but I know that the time between the pun and the groan is proportional to how bad the pun is.

So. Time X distance - when traveling in a car - has to do with the speed at which you are traveling - and how fast you can jump out of the car before being asked to do so.

(I am only allowed to sing on sundays, so I am not going to eopardize the ability to amuse myself around others?)

One scoop of vanilla bean, a shot of rum in butterscotch sauce.

Done?

CM,

One custard and coffee!

DONE!

Lady's Human
05-31-2014, 04:58 PM
What's the shortest distance between two puns? The straight line, of course!

(Ba da bump!)

Karen
05-31-2014, 09:33 PM
groan...

Coffee ice cream with Aunt Bertha's hot fudge sauce, please!

Lady's Human
05-31-2014, 10:25 PM
Speaking of fudge sauce, it's time to make fudge sauce and butterscotch sauce......I've been negligent in my kitchen duties.

pomtzu
06-01-2014, 09:51 AM
How about a float? I had one last night - delish!!! Put a couple of BIG scoops of rainbow sherbet in a tall glass, pour in some 7-UP . and you have a yummy and refreshingly cool treat. That makes a great punch too, and you can add a bottle of champagne over a half gallon container of the sherbet.

DJFyrewolf36
06-01-2014, 06:17 PM
*runs through with hair on fire* COFFEE PLEASE!!

Good news everyone...I'm graduating from college! I'll be spending more time in front of my computer working but that also means I'll have more time for PT.

And the bar.

Missed you guys!

pomtzu
06-01-2014, 06:27 PM

Good news everyone...I'm graduating from college! I'll be spending more time in front of my computer working but that also means I'll have more time for PT.

And the bar.

Missed you guys!

Yay - congrats! :D

phesina
06-01-2014, 07:35 PM
CONGRATULATIONS, DJFyrewolf36!!!!!

And welcome HOME again!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Karen
06-01-2014, 08:55 PM

And the bar.

Missed you guys!

We have missed you, too! What will your degree/focus be in? We knew you could do it, by the way! :D

Want to join us in a sundae to celebrate? I saw Lady's Human made some butterscotch and some hot fudge sauce - and trust me, those are treasured family recipes for good reason!

I'mm have some coffee ice cream with the butterscotch and some mint oreo with the hot fudge sauce, please bartender!

DJFyrewolf36
06-03-2014, 06:55 PM
We have missed you, too! What will your degree/focus be in? We knew you could do it, by the way! :D

Want to join us in a sundae to celebrate? I saw Lady's Human made some butterscotch and some hot fudge sauce - and trust me, those are treasured family recipes for good reason!

I'mm have some coffee ice cream with the butterscotch and some mint oreo with the hot fudge sauce, please bartender!

I have a general studies degree with a focus on business and graphic design. A sundae would be lovely!!

Thanks, everyone.

Lady's Human
06-03-2014, 11:20 PM
A sundae.....well, that generic an order calls for nothing but.....

EVERYTHING!

One sundae with butterscotch, chocolate, walnuts, strawberries, bananas and whipped cream......Should I deliver it myself or page the Orc delivery service? :p

RICHARD
06-04-2014, 03:31 PM
I have been a little distracted lately.........
Thanks to everyone that stands in for me.

Let's open up the porch and sit outside before the storms show up?

DONE!

Karen
06-04-2014, 04:53 PM
I just tried a new recipe for rhubarb bars - instead of rhubarb pie, although they are kinda too sticky to eat as finger food - anyone want some? Yummy, tart and sweet!

Lady's Human
06-04-2014, 05:29 PM
I have been a little distracted lately.........
Thanks to everyone that stands in for me.

Let's open up the porch and sit outside before the storms show up?

DONE!

See, that's where you're wrong.

You open up the porch to play cards outside WHILE the storms are going. Cribbage, anyone?

I'll take a rhubarb bar or three, with some coffee to wash 'em down.

RICHARD
06-04-2014, 05:40 PM
See, that's where you're wrong.

You open up the porch to play cards outside WHILE the storms are going. Cribbage, anyone?

I'll take a rhubarb bar or three, with some coffee to wash 'em down.

Rhubarb bar, three and a coffee.

It never rains here?;)

Done.

smokey the elder
06-05-2014, 01:07 PM
Wow, I haven't played cribbage in years!