PDA

View Full Version : A Dog And His Bucket

lizbud
05-20-2014, 07:15 PM
Who needs expensive toys to keep your dog entertained? I have to smile every time I watch this video.:D

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/19/labrador-bucket-charcoal_n_5353755.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

chocolatepuppy
05-20-2014, 07:55 PM
I'd say Charcoal really likes his bucket! So cute!:D

Karen
05-20-2014, 08:34 PM
Hee hee - what a great idea! With the bottom removed, he can wear the bucket on his head and still see where he is going!

Vette
05-21-2014, 06:13 AM
LOL the simplest things can bring so much joy to humans an animals.
good song with the video as well

Casper
05-21-2014, 01:59 PM
Aww, that was adorable! Just like children, the simplest of things can bring the biggest joy.
That reminds me of how Towser had a bucket as a best friend when he was a puppy. :)

lizbud
05-21-2014, 05:33 PM
Aww, that was adorable! Just like children, the simplest of things can bring the biggest joy.
That reminds me of how Towser had a bucket as a best friend when he was a puppy. :)

AWWW, Casper looks so cute.:) Who knew buckets could be such a fun thing to play around with.:D

Freedom
05-21-2014, 06:36 PM
Great id, thanks for sharing. All smiles, here!

I love that the black lab is named "Charcoal." I love that his bucket is bright red - stunning with his black coat.

And the yellow lab really didn't stand a chance at getting the bucket, did it?!

Karen
05-21-2014, 06:38 PM
Great id, thanks for sharing. All smiles, here!

I love that the black lab is named "Charcoal." I love that his bucket is bright red - stunning with his black coat.

And the yellow lab really didn't stand a chance at getting the bucket, did it?!

and above you is Towser, a white dog with his black bucket - color coordination is very important! :D

Bonny
05-23-2014, 07:06 AM
I don't know what it is about labs. LOL I was waiting for him/her to run into a tree wearing the bucket.

My grandpuppy Lab Max is going on 10 years old & he is always carrying Baxter's dog dish around, or some toy. He has even picked up rugs & carried them. :D

ChrisH
05-24-2014, 05:48 AM
What a happy boy and having so much fun too. :) Thanks for sharing, Liz.

Karen
05-25-2014, 12:43 AM
My grandpuppy Lab Max is going on 10 years old & he is always carrying Baxter's dog dish around, or some toy. He has even picked up rugs & carried them. :D

It is the "Retriever" part of his breed - Labradors were bred to retrieve the hunter's downed game ... so carrying something back to your owner is rewarding! So, maybe nobody shot Baxter's dog dish, but carrying something is just a retriever thing!

Some people do not know that Poodles were bred to retrieve as well, but they know it! When I worked in an office with a poodle puppy, it served well to find a stick for Lily to carry before she found something disgusting - discarded half-smoked cigarette, fast food wrapper or the like - to carry on her walks, because she wouldn't go far without something in her mouth!