PDA

View Full Version : Thursday #585.

RICHARD
05-15-2014, 04:51 PM
Gonna open the bar here and come back later with a DOTD!

I am a little distrated at the moment!

Thanks.

Karen
05-15-2014, 06:16 PM
I want some ginger peach iced tea! Please, bartender?

Lady'sOtherHuman
05-16-2014, 05:49 AM
Where's that DOTD? Well I'll start with some coffee and a celebratory trumpet sound because my fur baby is Dog of the Day!:D

Lady'sOtherHuman
05-16-2014, 08:02 AM
We also need to make a big low fat cake to celebrate LH's Birthday!

Lady's Human
05-16-2014, 09:28 AM
^ You I'll deal with later.

pomtzu
05-16-2014, 09:38 AM
Aww - happy birthday LH. And to heck with a low fat cake --- it's your birthday and you can splurge! :p

RICHARD
05-16-2014, 02:47 PM
I want some ginger peach iced tea! Please, bartender?

Ginger PIT? that sounds really good.

Done......

LOH.

DOTD recipe?

Pimp Cocktail Recipe

Ingredients 2 oz Vodka
1 oz Blue Curacao
1 oz Peach Schnapps
5 oz Sunny Delight
Instructions Pour ingredients into a highball glass, stir, and serve.

Serve Pimp Cocktail in a Highball Glass

And what kind of B-day cake shall wel have?

-------------

LH,

You have been elevated to "pimpness"!

Happy Birthday!

39?
-

Hi Pom, Whatcha having?

Lady's Human
05-16-2014, 04:27 PM
29......again.

Karen
05-16-2014, 05:08 PM
29......again.

Remember that only works for so many years ... Coffee Ring all for everyone!

Lady's Human
05-16-2014, 05:26 PM
Virtual coffee ring please, the real thing would kill me.

I'll take a large Irish on the side as well, heavy on the irish, light on the coffee.

pomtzu
05-16-2014, 05:48 PM
I need something to warm up a wee bit, after the cold rain all day. I'll join LH, but heavy on the coffee and light on the Irish. I just made cinnamon buns - great with coffee. Please help yourself.

Hey Barkeep --- how ya' been doin'?????

Queen of Poop
05-16-2014, 06:21 PM
Happy Bday LH!!

Oh my goodness, it is Angel!!! She's sooooo adorable!!

Nice day today, waiting for the predicted rain tomorrow to make a soggy long weekend. Lots of chatter about potential flooding. Perhaps a little paranoia after last years flood.

I'd have an iced tea please.

Karen
05-16-2014, 06:48 PM
Happy Bday LH!!

Oh my goodness, it is Angel!!! She's sooooo adorable!!

Nice day today, waiting for the predicted rain tomorrow to make a soggy long weekend. Lots of chatter about potential flooding. Perhaps a little paranoia after last years flood.

I'd have an iced tea please.

Yes, Gayle, I thought of you with this picture:
http://dogoftheday.com/archive/2014/May/16f.jpg

That is her "See, I'z kin curl up REAL tight, I fit on the couch wif you no problem!" ;)

cassiesmom
05-16-2014, 06:54 PM
Happy birthday, LH!

I'll drink coffee with you :) Actually, decaf. Just coffee, no Irish for me, please. The weather isn't very May-like today. LH, I really like the picture of you and Angel at breakfast :D

Queen of Poop
05-16-2014, 07:26 PM
Yes, Gayle, I thought of you with this picture:
http://dogoftheday.com/archive/2014/May/16f.jpg

That is her "See, I'z kin curl up REAL tight, I fit on the couch wif you no problem!" ;)

I'd share the couch with Angel any day. Just love, love, love her! Such a cutie!

Lady's Human
05-16-2014, 08:09 PM
Now that my homework is done, another Irish, please?

Karen
05-17-2014, 07:12 PM
Such a pretty day today, after the rain stopped, the sun came out nice and bright! Lemonade would be good, please, nice and tart and sweet!

Karen
05-18-2014, 06:14 PM
Okay, I WILL get this formulation down! Made some ginger peace iced tea, but as I want to make it in a large batch at a time, I used 6 Ginger Peach tea bags, and two just plain peach, with a half cup of sugar and about a quart of water. It was a little weak, so after I drank a glass I brewed another cup of tea with 2 more peach and 2 black tea - and added that. We'll see how it goes!

Lady's Human
05-18-2014, 06:31 PM
I'd share the couch with Angel any day. Just love, love, love her! Such a cutie!

There's only one problem with sharing a couch, bed, or other furniture with the wigglebutt:She becomes a rock once she's comfy. A very warm rock, but she DOESN"T move at all.

pomtzu
05-18-2014, 06:34 PM
A beautiful day here today - cool (upper 60's) and bright and sunny - my kind of weather. :cool: I did some shopping today, then came home and baked a pineapple flavored cake, and frosted it with Key lime/cream cheese icing. It was just a pineapple cake mix, and in place of the water in the recipe, I used pineapple juice to give it more flavor. Turned out rather yummy. Help yourself if you'd like a piece.

Lady's Human
05-18-2014, 08:03 PM
A beautiful day here today - cool (upper 60's) and bright and sunny - my kind of weather. :cool: I did some shopping today, then came home and baked a pineapple flavored cake, and frosted it with Key lime/cream cheese icing. It was just a pineapple cake mix, and in place of the water in the recipe, I used pineapple juice to give it more flavor. Turned out rather yummy. Help yourself if you'd like a piece.

Oops, was I supposed to share that?

pomtzu
05-19-2014, 02:19 PM
Oops, was I supposed to share that?

I guess that means you liked it????? ;)

Lady's Human
05-20-2014, 03:14 PM
My father frequently said "you can't eat sentiment" when talking about saving or getting rid of antiques.

Pa, you may not be able to eat sentiment, but what if you use the sentimental piece to grow food?

Just got done re-assembling the troy bilt tiller, put a new transmission on it, and I'm going to rebuild the old transmission, as it's the third prototype transmission form the tillers made in Troy, NY.

Part one of the mission accomplished, the tiller lives, and I'll spend the next week or so sweating my butt off while I till the garden.

Barkeep, in honor of my father, how about a cold beer?(Pa drank 2 things while tilling.....lemonade during, and a part of the 6-pack of beer he drank every summer when the tilling was done!)

Karen
05-20-2014, 03:32 PM
My father frequently said "you can't eat sentiment" when talking about saving or getting rid of antiques.

Pa, you may not be able to eat sentiment, but what if you use the sentimental piece to grow food?

Just got done re-assembling the troy bilt tiller, put a new transmission on it, and I'm going to rebuild the old transmission, as it's the third prototype transmission form the tillers made in Troy, NY.

Part one of the mission accomplished, the tiller lives, and I'll spend the next week or so sweating my butt off while I till the garden.

Barkeep, in honor of my father, how about a cold beer?(Pa drank 2 things while tilling.....lemonade during, and a part of the 6-pack of beer he drank every summer when the tilling was done!)

I'll have a lemonade, as the tilling isn't done yet! ;) We've had such a wet spring, I hear the "musk-ox" quote in my head whenever the rain renews the puddle that is theoretically the back lawn here!

Catty1
05-20-2014, 05:10 PM
Sure sign of spring when I see and smell newly-mown grass! The rain we had in the last several days really got the green going!

I'll take a large Irish with ALL coffee please! :D

cassiesmom
05-21-2014, 05:03 PM
Is it Friday yet? *sigh* This is a looooong Wednesday.

Karen
05-21-2014, 08:14 PM
Is it Friday yet? *sigh* This is a looooong Wednesday.

Some are - you might be persuaded to have someone open the next Thursdays now - as it IS already Thursday in New Zealand!