PDA

View Full Version : Another delay - mini rant

pomtzu
05-14-2014, 11:44 AM
I'm beginning to think that I might get this back surgery in December..............maybe!!

I was originally scheduled for March 24, but had to postpone for various reasons. Then doc wanted to do it May 14 (today :eek:) but that wasn't doable for me, since I would not have been able to attend my granddaughter's college graduation next week, so we settled on May 28th. That will work. So I had my pre-op workup done in Baltimore on Monday, and yesterday I get a call from doc's scheduler, telling me he is having to cancel all of his surgery for May 28. Oh boy - here we go again. So now I'm scheduled for June 4 - as it stands now anyway. :rolleyes: Well at least they didn't wait till a day or two before the 28th, and then cancel. Hey - what's another week - right? I've been hobbling around like this since November, so I guess I can manage another week more than I had expected. :(

Okay - mini rant over. :p

Karen
05-14-2014, 12:12 PM
Oh, dear, my sympathies! Here's hoping it actually happens in June!

chocolatepuppy
05-14-2014, 07:29 PM
Oh no! Fingers and paws crossed here that it will be June 4th!

Freedom
05-14-2014, 09:23 PM
Oh dear. Will you have to redo the pre op work? Maybe this is close enough that the work done will be acceptable.

pomtzu
05-15-2014, 08:48 AM
Oh dear. Will you have to redo the pre op work? Maybe this is close enough that the work done will be acceptable.

No redo - that will still be valid - thank goodness. Monday's jaunt to Baltimore was fraught with traffic delays (construction), a full to capacity parking garage, a blown out vein and "electric like shock" that went from my elbow and into my hand. Got a call from the nurse after I left for the second time (since I had to go back in to the hospital when I noticed blood pouring down my arm after I got in my car), telling me to come back in because the doctor was concerned and wanted me checked out in the ER. By then I was already on the road in bumper to bumper one way traffic in the city - and you want me to come back in - again?????? Seriously????? - very funny - ain't happening!

Alysser
05-15-2014, 08:58 AM
Any reason why he cancelled the other surgery? I hope you get some relief soon, sincerely! I can't imagine how painful that must be at this point.

pomtzu
05-15-2014, 09:27 AM
Any reason why he cancelled the other surgery? I hope you get some relief soon, sincerely! I can't imagine how painful that must be at this point.

Don't have a clue - all of his surgery that day got scratched. Maybe he had unexpected business to take care of, or a conference to attend, or a day at the beach with his girlfriend. :D

You learn to live with the pain after a while - but it sure will be wonderful when it's gone!

Alysser
05-15-2014, 11:36 AM
I suppose things like this help you appreciate the good times better. :D

Catty1
05-15-2014, 06:30 PM
Oh gosh - to cancel ALL his surgeries in one day? He might have had a huge emergency in his own life! But that doesn't make you feel any better. :(

Prayers that you'll have surgery and be good as new in no time. :love::love:

pomtzu
05-22-2014, 05:22 PM
Now I'm back to having surgery on 5/28. :rolleyes: I had my last pre-op appointment before the previously scheduled date of 6/4, with doc today. Seems he is having to deal with changing surgery dates for his mother, and that was why he originally cancelled 5/28. Now hers has been delayed and he needs to go out of state to hers in June. I hope this is the last round of "musical surgeries".

Karen
05-22-2014, 05:53 PM
Now I'm back to having surgery on 5/28. :rolleyes: I had my last pre-op appointment before the previously scheduled date of 6/4, with doc today. Seems he is having to deal with changing surgery dates for his mother, and that was why he originally cancelled 5/28. Now hers has been delayed and he needs to go out of state to hers in June. I hope this is the last round of "musical surgeries".

Well, at least he will understand your frustration! Glad it is sooner rather than later, though!

kaycountrygal
05-22-2014, 06:06 PM
Hope all goes good whenever it happens.

phesina
05-23-2014, 07:05 AM
All our good wishes to you, Ellie!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Bonny
05-23-2014, 07:16 AM
Hang in their Ellie. I hope you will be pain free soon. :)

ChrisH
05-24-2014, 05:41 AM
Glad to hear it is back on. Good luck, I'll be thinking of you and praying all goes well.

chocolatepuppy
05-24-2014, 06:41 AM
Prayers all goes well, hopefully on the 28th!

phesina
05-27-2014, 04:57 PM
We are sending you prayers and good wishes for the surgery, Ellie!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Karen
05-28-2014, 11:36 AM
Thinking of you, and of Sir Jury today!

smokey the elder
05-29-2014, 09:47 AM
I hope it went well!

Catty1
05-29-2014, 11:43 AM
I hope all went well and you are comfortable.