PDA

View Full Version : Wooooooooooooo Hoooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crikit
12-15-2002, 09:57 PM
YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

It's official my mom has lost her mind...BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! She's gone over to the dog side BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Uh I guess I should explain, if I can stop myself from freaking out long enough. This weekend I was running my friends Lakeland terrier at a CKC trial we were just trying to see if she would run better for some one else, but that's another story.

Anyway in between runs a friend and I went out to grab a smoothie and a sub, and as we were leaving the smoothie store and getting in to my car my friend said that they needed to find me registered purebreed to run in CKC (in otherwords, just an excuse for another dog) it just so happens that this friend has a dog that she is looking for home for. We talked about it and decided that I should bring the subject up to my parents...which as some of you know isn't exactly the easiest thing to do with my folks, what with my dad's health at the moment and my mom's feelings about dogs.

Well when I got home I asked to speak with my sister alone after supper, figuring that for this idea to fly she had to be on board and the deal that we worked out was if I could get the dog, Becky my neice could do most of the work as far as looking after him and even be able to run it every now and then in trials, and I would do the training of the dog and own it.

So I just finished talking to my parents...actually I just finished talking to my friend about the dog. In case some of you haven't guessed where I'm going with this.

I'M GETTING ANOTHER DOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so excited that I just well I'm just stoked. His name is Rugby, and he's a black and white (keeping with my color scheme :D ) Papillion (one of my fave breeds) he's a little over 1 1/2 so younger then Winter. And both dogs know and love him, then again they both love small dogs especially papillions so no worries there. My friends bringing him on Wednesday to the barn that we train at so it will be neutral territory for all three dogs and then Rugby will come home with Smudge, Winter and I. We aren't going to tell Becky that we're getting him though, so it will be a surprise to her on Thursday morning and until my friend gets a couple of things sorted out with the breeder (also long story) we're just going to tell her that we're fostering him, but really we aren't.

But that's it..YAY!

Fuzzy317
12-15-2002, 10:01 PM
Congratulations on the new addition to your furry family ! :D

aly
12-15-2002, 10:23 PM
Congrats!

Does Becky live with you? Or will Rugby be yours but living somewhere else? I love Papillions too and have wanted one for a long time. Post pictures when you can!

Crikit
12-15-2002, 10:27 PM
Aly
Becky lives with us and has done for most of her life (my sister dosen't have a job at the moment other then looking after our dad that is), so Rugby will be mine and living at home with us. And as soon as I can figure out how to get my digital camera to work on my computer or get a new one (which I would prefer) I'll try to get some pics of him.

jenluckenbach
12-16-2002, 06:02 AM
I just LLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Papillons!!!

Congratulations!!

Tina
12-16-2002, 08:11 AM
Congrats!! I bet he is adorable! Can't wait to see pictures!!

anna_66
12-16-2002, 08:39 AM
Sounds like you finally got the *other* dog you've been wanting!
I too, like everyone else just love papillions (who could resist those ears?!)!
Please post some pics when you get them & again,
Congratulations!!

Uabassoon
12-16-2002, 04:11 PM
Congrats on your new dog!! I love the name rugby.

ChrisH
12-16-2002, 05:16 PM
Congratulations!! :)

DogMania
12-16-2002, 05:51 PM
Congrats on the new addition to your furkid family!

Cincy'sMom
12-16-2002, 06:21 PM
Congrats on the new addition!! Gotta love the Black and white furbabies!!! Rugby is such a cute name too!

Crikit
12-16-2002, 06:43 PM
Thanks everyone. I need to think of a wa to speed up time though, I was driving everyone at work crazy asking if ti was Wednesday yet. The receiver said that he might have to kill me tomorrow because of it, don't think he will though it might upset his girlfriend. Anyhoo off to get some xmas gifts for the puppers and for the agility group part on Saturday...and yes Rugby will be getting a gift, just like the other dogs.

ownerof3dogs
12-17-2002, 11:21 PM
Congradulations on the new edition!!!!!!!!!!You sound completely excited!!!!

shais_mom
12-18-2002, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
I just LLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Papillons!!!

Congratulations!!

Ditto!!
I love them also!! Tooo sweet!!
Can't wait for pics!! :D

wolf_Q
12-18-2002, 01:28 AM
Congrats! Can't wait for the pics! I love those "butterfly dogs!" :D

ramanth
12-18-2002, 09:08 AM
Congratulations on your new addition. :D

K9karen
12-18-2002, 03:24 PM