PDA

View Full Version : Corkscrew Story

Uabassoon
12-15-2002, 05:39 PM
Corkscrew here. I decided that I should tell everyone my story since I don't think I've told it yet. Here I am, I'm such a handsome boy aren't I.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid41/p49430bd1a74f3bdb3f9334cfd6e196f7/fcf83e8a.jpg

I was born in a wonderful foster home with my mommy and all of my brothers and sisters.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid31/pb8a1bf52a9528c7fbf34ac53cd332d2d/fd4dde18.jpg
When I got older they took me to Petsmart so I could get adopted, one day a lady came and decided that she wanted to take me home. I was so happy, I thought I finally found my forever home. After a few weeks she decided that she no longer wanted me, but rather than take me back to my nice foster home she gave me as a "gift" to her daughter.

I don't think her daughter really wanted me either, because she never played with me. Sometimes she even forgot to give me food. I didn't really see much of that girl because she thought that spending every night with her boyfriend was more important then spending time with me. Sometimes she wouldn't come home for a week!

One day she decided to move in with her boyfriend, I thought I would finally have a family. But her boyfriend didn't like me, so once again I became a gift. This time I went to live with the boyfriends mom. I just wanted some attention so I was a little destructive. But once again I wasn't wanted. The boyfriends mom called up the girl to say she didn't want me anymore and she was going to take me to the humane socitey. Luckily my mom decided to ask about me and who I was living with and she said not to take me to the humane socitey because she would take care of me.

So off I went once again to a new home. I was scared when I got there, I'd been living by myself for so long. I met another cat Zasper, she was nice but I didn't like her too much at first. My mom was so nice to me, but I drove her crazy sometimes. I wasn't used to being with people since I spent most of kittenhood alone in a studio apartment. I would bite and scratch if she tried to touch me. I also broke her tv. She even got so frustrated with me that she wanted to try to find me a new home. But she was determined not to give up on me. I gradually got a little better, I stopped bitting and let her pet me.

Then one day my sister Zasper fell asleep and never woke up. When mom came home I was trying so hard to wake up Zasper I was meowing at her and would nudge her with my head but it didn't work. Mom started screaming and then she cried. She cried for a really really long time. I got lonely too, so one day I decided to jump on her lap which I had never done before. My mom stopped crying and smiled at me then she gave me a hug. I realized that I have to help take care of her too because she loves me. Now I have a new sister Tibby so I don't sit in moms lap as much. But everynight I sleep with her on the bed now and I let her pet me and give me little kisses sometimes I give her kisses too. I don't bite her at all anymore and now I follow her around the house to make sure she's ok.

I finally found my forever home!

lailamara
12-15-2002, 06:18 PM
Corkscrew - no kitty deserves what you went through before you were given a happy home. I always wonder how people could be so insensitive to animals, it makes me wonder how they treat other humans as well. You look very content and happy now. Chapter 2 of your story please. How did you get the name Corkscrew - not getting into wine bottles are you ?

jenluckenbach
12-15-2002, 06:42 PM
AAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWW (there is no way to show tears on this thingy)

So sad :( and so happy :) all at the same time.

Corkscrew....YOU are a survivor!!! You made it through the bad times, you flourished in the good times, and then you repaid a kindness with a kindness of your own.........What more can anyone ask?

Uabassoon
12-15-2002, 06:53 PM
How did you get the name Corkscrew - not getting into wine bottles are you ?

I lived in a lot of places and had a lot of humans, but the one thing I did keep was my name. My foster mom gave it to me. That's how my foster mom and my real mom met. They were talking about cats online once and when she brought up my name foster mom new it was me because how many orange tabbies named Corkscrew live in tucson. So then foster mom send mommy pictures of me when I was a kitten.

Cataholic
12-15-2002, 08:58 PM
Aw, Corkscrew...so happy, so sad... I am sooo sorry your early life was so traumatic. I am sorry about the loss of Zasper, too. I didn't know the whole story. I am glad you decided to give humans one more chance, and that your human decided to let love back into her life!!!! May you two be happy forever and ever together..
Johanna

krazyaboutkatz
12-15-2002, 11:27 PM
What a great heart warming story. :) I'm so sorry that Corkscrew's early life was so bad but now he's finally found his loving forever home. :)

zippy-kat
12-15-2002, 11:34 PM
A Corkscrew story! And what a story it is!! I have to echo the others... so sweet yet so sad! What a relief to know that you, precious one, are in your LOVING forever home now! Give your Mommy an extra cuddle tonight for puttin' up with your destructive habits! ;) She deserves it and it will do you just as good! :)

NoahsMommy
12-15-2002, 11:38 PM
Very nice story. I'm so sorry poor Corkscrew had to go through all that to find his forever home...sweet little thing.

toughCookie
12-15-2002, 11:44 PM
that was a wonderful story!

All Creatures Great And Small
12-16-2002, 01:36 AM
Corkscrew, you ARE a handsome boy, and a lucky one too, to have such a loving, patient mommy (FINALLY). I get so sick of hearing about people and their "disposable" pets! :mad: Thank goodness you had room in your home and your heart for this lovely orange boy.

You know, at the pet store the other day there was an adorable tabby kitten with white feet in a little cage by the checkouts. There was a note on the cage - "save for pickup Christmas Eve by so-and-so". It made me depressed, because she's probably going to some kid who doesn't even know how to care for a cat. (She was really cute and was "teething" on my fingers:). ) I hope she won't be an "after-Christmas return"........

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-16-2002, 01:37 PM
That was a sad story, Corky, but a happy one too. For me the saddest part was when you were trying to wake your sister up by bumping on her. :( I know you already missed her and wanted her to wake up. :(
But the happiest part was when you jumped in your mom's lap and realized you needed to help her too, since she helped you. :)

You are such a beautiful kitty, and I'm so glad everything worked out so well for you. :)

AmberLee
12-16-2002, 08:07 PM
:( Hey, kiddo, I'm sooooo glad you've finally found a loving forever home. {{{snugglies, sweet Corkscrew}}}

Cookiebaker
12-16-2002, 08:33 PM
Oh my goodness, what a touching story....poor Corkie...I'm so glad that you finally found your forever home because you certainly deserve it. I wonder how those people would like to be locked in a room for a few days at a time, and conveniently forgotten to be fed. :mad: Poor Kitty cute-zer!

Vio&Juni
12-17-2002, 09:50 AM
I wandered how after so many humans, your mom has you kitten pictures. It makes sense now.

Randi
12-17-2002, 10:16 AM
What a touching story! Not a very good start in your life Corkscrew, but luckily a happy ending! :) I'm so glad you found a kitty mom who knows how to treat you, I wish you and your mom a long a happy life together! :)

The pics are just the cutest! :p Which one is Corkscrew?

Uabassoon
12-17-2002, 02:43 PM
The pics are just the cutest! Which one is Corkscrew?

In the kitten picture Corkscrew is the second from the bottom. He's the dark orange kitten in between the two lighter ones.

Miss Meow
12-17-2002, 03:21 PM
I thought Jen's stories were bringing me to tears every time, but Corkscrew has done it too :) What a long and sad journey before finding the perfect home.