PDA

View Full Version : Meet Cheech a/k/a Chief

Logan
09-27-2001, 11:43 AM
Well, he will always be "Cheech" to me. Cheech was found as a four week old puppy wandering down a highway in Eastern NC. My good friend and "rescue angel", Betty, helped him to survive. He was placed in a foster home, but unfortunately experienced a badly broken leg there when he decided to wrestle with the big dogs there. Thanks to the generosity of many people who had contributed to the rescue organization, Paws Place, in the honor of Betty's deceased Golden Retriever, George, Cheech was able to undergo surgery to repair his leg. Betty took him to her house to recuperate, and when he was all well, he was adopted by a lovely lady and her husband in Georgia. I was lucky to be able to help with the transport to get him to his new home. Here are some recent pictures of him all settled in his new house, with a new name, "Chief". He is the chief according to the new owners!

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/034/Th/sI/bC/h216098.jpg

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/030/4Q/il/in/hT72239.jpg

Isn't he just beautiful? We fell in love with him and he was here for less than 24 hours! :D

Albea
09-27-2001, 12:07 PM
What a great story with a happy ending!
No wonder you fell in love with him :) He is a beautiful pup. Is so good to know Chief found a "forever home" with a loving family thanks to you and your friends.

purrley
09-27-2001, 12:11 PM
Logan - I just love happy endings like this - you are such a wonderful person - and just look at your reward - what a beautiful little guy!!!

Dixieland Dancer
09-27-2001, 12:36 PM
Logan,
In my eyes you are a true hero! Thank you for sharing this heartwarming story!!! :D :D :D

kobieeli
09-27-2001, 01:39 PM
OMG, I'm in love! Chief/Cheech is about the cutest little guy ever! (Shh! Don't tell Eli I said that...)

That's a wonderful story--wish they all ended like that. Logan, you done good!!
:D

[ September 27, 2001: Message edited by: kobieeli ]

catwoman
09-27-2001, 03:30 PM
Oh, man! Even a "catwoman" like me can't resist Cheech! :D

RachelJ
09-27-2001, 04:00 PM
Oh, Logan, you are right, he is a doll face, and look how he has already claimed his rightful place on the couch. :D You did such a good thing by helping him to get to his new home. Personally I think Chief is a great name for him. What a wonderful story (with pictures even). Thanks Logan. You made my day!

Rottie
09-27-2001, 04:12 PM
What a cutie!!! :)

lizbud
09-27-2001, 04:16 PM
Chief (Cheech) is a doll baby!!!
That was a wonderful thing you did by helping this Beautiful little guy get to his
forever home & family!!!
Thank You so very much Logan for posting
this happy story. The pictures are GREAT!!!

tatsxxx11
09-27-2001, 05:17 PM
Logan, Chief is even more precious than I imagined when I "talked" to him on your cellphone en route to his new home! LOL!! How did you ever give him up? What a beauty. What a lucky family! Good job!

jackiesdaisy1935
09-27-2001, 05:21 PM
Oh Logan what a wonderful story, this made my day. Chief is so beautiful, I can see how you would fall in love with him on sight.
I'm sure his new family really appreciated you taking him to his new forever home, we are very proud of you.
Jackie

ShepherdLover
09-27-2001, 05:27 PM
OH MY GOSH! :eek: Talk about cute! I think he's part Aussie.

shais_mom
09-27-2001, 05:42 PM
Logan, I saw his pic on msn GR. He is a cutie. To my untrained/unprofessional eye, he looks part golden/GSD.
What a doll face.

Daisy's Mom
09-27-2001, 08:30 PM
Wow what an adorable pup! Just look at that face! I love the tilted head look. Chief is so adorable. What a great story too!

Sudilar
09-27-2001, 10:35 PM
Simply precious!!! Logan, you were wonderful to help this adorable guy out!!

Peggy
10-02-2001, 10:28 PM
Ah ha! Found ya! I don't know how this works yet. So am just stumbling around trying to figure out the site. Thanks for inviting me in tho. Seems like lots of nice people here. Peggy

crow_noir
10-14-2001, 10:55 PM
OMG!!! he is defintly on somewhere on the yop of my list of cutest dogs in the whole wide world!