PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever been robbed???

DogMania
12-15-2002, 10:29 AM
Have you ever been robbed? I haven't but once my friend was and all that was left was a 3000 dollar antique :eek: Go figure! Anyway i know it can be a scary experience? Have any of you ever had the experience? I'm sure you might of but your furkids protected you....:)

Twisterdog
12-15-2002, 10:45 AM
I've never had my house broken in to, I have TOO many dogs for that to happen!

And I've never been mugged or pickpocketed or anything like that.

But I have had things stolen out of of my car three times. (Yes, I FINALLY learned to lock my car after the third time!) ;)

NoahsMommy
12-15-2002, 11:01 AM
My hubby was robbed at gun point right before I met him. He worked at an Office Depot as the night manager when a man ran in with a gun.

David and the store manager where locked in the bathroom while the guy robbed the store and sped off in a stolen car.

They finally caught this guy about two years ago...he still had David's wallet! David had to testify against him and the guy was thrown in jail. My hubby was a bit scared after his testimony because he found out that this same guy was involved in a highly violent attack on the Cheesecake Factory in Marina Del Rey a week or two after David's robbery.

Very scary.

DogMania
12-15-2002, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
My hubby was robbed at gun point right before I met him. He worked at an Office Depot as the night manager when a man ran in with a gun.

David and the store manager where locked in the bathroom while the guy robbed the store and sped off in a stolen car.

They finally caught this guy about two years ago...he still had David's wallet! David had to testify against him and the guy was thrown in jail. My hubby was a bit scared after his testimony because he found out that this same guy was involved in a highly violent attack on the Cheesecake Factory in Marina Del Rey a week or two after David's robbery.

Very scary. Wow, scary. Your husband was very brave!

DogMania
12-15-2002, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Slave of 15 Dogs

Meanwhile, My buddy (a little crazy) started to whisper into the kids ear about how he could shoot him and nothing would happen to him. .:)

O lol crazy buddy indeed!

COCatMama
12-15-2002, 12:00 PM
That's awesome what you guys did to that punk, I absolutely hate ppl that victimize others...my big time hatred is for car thieves grrrrr. One of the guys I work with was at his bro's place near where I live a few days ago, having a few drinks in the kitchen when they noticed his bro's car moving in the parking lot!!! So they both tore out there and I guess one guy stood in front of the car to force the #$$% to stop, then the other dragged the $$%$# out of the car door and they proceeded to lay the boots to him *G* (I would do the same thing!!) The brother's wife had called the cops, and they arrived quickly. The guy and his bro told the cops "Oh he was bleeding when we caught him Officer" and one of the cops whispered to my co-worker "thanks for beating him up, we'd like to do that but we can't"
Surrey BC is the car theft capital of BC or maybe even CANADA!!!!:mad:

The Cat Factory
12-15-2002, 06:17 PM
Surrey BC is the car theft capital of BC or maybe even CANADA!!!! :mad:

Yea :D There was this one 7/11 by my house that got robbed every week! It's closed down, now...

I was robbed once...I think that they just took the TV and VCR...

Cataholic
12-15-2002, 08:46 PM
Tex and I were robbed once. We lived in Worcester, Ma, in an apartment on the first floor. We were robbed between the hours of 12 noon and 4 pm..broad daylight, totally cleaned out- even took a leather skirt and bomber jacket (hello- this was the early '90's...so, hush). Tex was 'let' out, frolicking in the back yard, unharmed...thankfully. Nothing else mattered, as it was all replaceable. Very freaky feeling...very very freaky.

Now, I pack.

Rottieluver45
12-15-2002, 09:07 PM
We`ve been robbed before! I was like 2 or 3 but my mom told me that we went on a trip to some place for like the weekend or somethin` and we only told one person that we were leaving so we went,came back and ALLLL of our stuff was gone! We even had parakeets at the time and they even to them!

COCatMama
12-15-2002, 09:12 PM
Cataholic : pack what? :)

Chinadoll
12-15-2002, 10:03 PM
Yes, about a year ago. My friends and I went to the French Quarter. I had brought my purse with me that evening because I still wasn't ready when we left and I had my makeup in my purse. We parked a block away from the 8th district police station. I still felt uneasy that we were going to get mugged, so I left my purse in the car buried under Joey's clothes.

To this day, I believe we were being watched as we got out the car...because when we got out, I asked the guys if they really wanted to carry their coats around all night and they decided to leave them in the car. I really think that someone saw them put their leather coats back in the car and broke into it as soon as we left.

We got back to the car about 3 am. As I got into the car, I sat on Joey's clothes. It clicked that these were the clothes I covered my purse with. I looked under the seat...no purse. I freaked. That was when the guys noticed that their leather coats were missing along with my friends book of CDs, and their were scratch marks by the stereo they tried to take.

What a nightmare...in my purse I had my checkbook, eyeglasses, credit cards, cell phone, palm pilot, some siliver charms I just bought for my bracelet, keys...but what really ticked me off was the irreplacable stuff...pictures, the pewter keychain my Daddy gave me when I was 8 that I took everywhere with me, the hair clip that fit perfectly in my hair that Joey picked out for me.

We ended up at Joey's house to wait for the police because we were not waiting in that neighborhood at 3am for the cops to come. At 8 am they finally showed up. I spent the better part of the night cancelling all my creditcards and putting fraud alerts on all the credit bureaus because also my social security card was in my purse.

The kicker...we left Joey's car parked at his work parking lot because that's where we all met up. We go to pick up his truck the next morning and his window was busted and the stereo I gave him for his birthday was stolen. What are the chances of both cars being broken into the same darn night?! I couldn't even stay with him while he filed the report because I had to get back to my house to check on it and change the locks. My address was on my checks and my keys were also in my purse.

Lesson learned: Never carry anything in your purse that cannot be replaced, never carry your social security card, and never take a purse to the Quarter again!

COCatMama
12-16-2002, 12:25 AM
eeeekkk that's like my worst nightmare!! you def shouldn't have your address in your purse anywhere, especially if they get your keys!

Uabassoon
12-16-2002, 02:10 AM
when I was younger our house got broken into. Luckily all the got was the tv and the vcr. THe neighbors came while they were putting the tv in their car and scared them away.

Kater
12-16-2002, 03:41 AM
Our house was broken into just last year, my senior year of high school. I was the first one home after being dropped off and I totally lost it when I saw the broken windows and opened back door. I didn't know if anyone was still in there so I ran away from the house to look for someone with a cell phone. I called the cops and they said I had to wait by the house. I stood in the driveway all rigid and scared.

The robbers took a lot of stuff--- instruments, computers, my purse and my Moms jewelry as well as mine. All sentimental stuff. So now I don't wear any jewelry. Whenever I think of the poor drug addicted fool who did this I feel very very sad at the state of our world. :mad:

I will be getting my first piece of jewelry since the robbery for Christmas. My daddy told me he will buy me a gold Hawaiian bracelet with my Hawaiian name (Maluhia) engraved on it. It's a popluar thing in Hawaii. In fact most girls get it for graduation from high school. I don't think I'll ever take it off.

COCatMama
12-16-2002, 08:50 AM
That sucks and what kind of a dumb cop tells a teenager to stand by a house with a potential crackhead inside?! duuuuh geez.

firefox2
12-16-2002, 09:24 AM
I had my house broken into on Good Friday 2002, of all days. My family and I went to the exotic animal sanctuary to rescue two chinchillas, and when we came back, the front door was open and our 2 big dogs were outside and our little dog was gone. Inside, the house had been ransacked, and our kitten was killed (he had stepped on it's head). He took a laptop computer, a digi cam, a 35 mm cam, and all of our jewellry. How he got past the dogs we will never know, as they become quite aggressive when people come to the door. Anyways, the idiot left by the front door where my surveillance camera is LOL, so I submitted the tape to the police, and they caught the guy within 24 hours. I didn't get much back, just a few of the items of jewellry, but not even 1/4 of what he took. I went to the court hearing, and he got 2 years in a Federal institution. I belong to the Police dept., so know a lot of people who work the prison system. The guards were nice enough to let the other inmates know what this guy did, and that he killed a 10 year old little girls kitten, so let me just say, this guy is having a wonderful time while he's locked up LOL

DogMania
12-16-2002, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by firefox2
The guards were nice enough to let the other inmates know what this guy did, and that he killed a 10 year old little girls kitten, so let me just say, this guy is having a wonderful time while he's locked up LOL um if you didnt get permission form karen/paul to talk on pet talk your breaking the rules becuz you are ten and you gotta be thirteen to go on pet talk

Uabassoon
12-16-2002, 06:49 PM
I think foxfire is older than 10. Fox may be refering to her daughters kitten?

firefox2
12-16-2002, 11:49 PM
Yes, I am talking about my daughter LOL

toughCookie
12-17-2002, 01:08 AM
never been robbed, but did have a moving truck catch on fire, about 12 years ago. :( lost everything but a small bag of clothes that I had with me:(

iceyshiver21
12-17-2002, 07:57 AM
we had gas taken out of our car, and thats it for us(we also got five dogs all somewhere around hundred pounds), but But my nieghbor has had thier car broken into 5 times and they have had lots of stuff turn up missing and at the time they only had a small, small, very small, teacup poddle. and before we owned Dutchess she lived a few houses down from us and her mate Bishop 1 (we own bishop 2) was stole or shot we never found out what happened.

Tina
12-17-2002, 08:07 AM
I've never been robbed but my husband was about 6 years ago. When he first moved back here to West Virginia it wasn't his house but his parents. He was living there by himself at the time though until they got moved in. He wasn't there when it happened though. He said they stole some guns and other stuff which he never got back. He said he don't know how they got past his dog he had. Because he didn't like strangers at all. Rob was scared for a very long time after it happend.

toughCookie
12-17-2002, 08:23 PM
Noah's mommy
wow how scary!!

slave of 15 dogs
I don't doubt what you say, but, is all that true? geeze, you are either very brave or very dumb! sorry I'm not meaning to be insulting, but that sounds like a rambo movie LOL. I can't afford an alarm system in my new house, care to come live nextdoor to me ?LOL:D

I think Cataholic means that she has a gun? unless she is talking about packing for vacation? LOL

toughCookie
12-19-2002, 02:30 AM
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you:rolleyes:
I do know that things that seem untrue in real life, are usually true.
I always look for the best in people, not the worst.:)

anyway, rambo, would you consider moving next door to me? LOL

toughCookie
12-19-2002, 01:21 PM
hmm alaska huh?:rolleyes:

what kinds of dogs do you have? we would have to keep them separate then:)