PDA

View Full Version : Happy April Fool's Day!

phesina
04-01-2014, 04:12 PM
29 years ago today, I was given a diagnosis of breast cancer.

I asked the doctor, "This isn't an April Fool's joke, is it?"

(No, it wasn't!)

But I had the last laugh..

Turned out it had been caught before it started to spread. And after a mastectomy a month and a half later, I have been cancer-free ever since!

Lucky, lucky, lucky me! I am thankful every day. :)

Best wishes for an enjoyable April Fool's Day to all.

Pat

P.S., This message is not an April Fool's joke; this really happened ;).

pomtzu
04-01-2014, 04:59 PM
That's wonderful, Pat. May you see many, many more years, cancer free.

My "other mother" (she was the mother of my best friend from childhood, and like my own mother too), was diagnosed with breast cancer when she was in her 50's. She had a mastectomy, and went on to live (on her own and in her own home), to the ripe old age of 93. She was one feisty little lady - all 4'10" of her. :love: I miss her...........

And may you see 93 also, and perhaps beyond! :D

phesina
04-01-2014, 05:32 PM
Thank you, Ellie. And thanks for the story about your "other mother." What a wonderful and inspiring report!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: from me and the cats

cassiesmom
04-01-2014, 06:08 PM
A very happy day to you, Pat! And wishes for much continued good health :love:

Karen
04-01-2014, 06:55 PM
Happy April Fool's Day to you, too! A friend of mine has this day as her birthday, as her mother needed to be induced, and this was the only date her father could get the day off to be with her mom for the birth!

phesina
04-01-2014, 07:01 PM
Thank you, Elyse and Karen! And happy birthday to your friend, Karen.. that's funny how her birthday wound up being on this date rather than any other.

Wishes for good health for you and all our friends, too.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Asiel
04-01-2014, 08:21 PM
Wonderful news Phesina -- looks like you turned the wheels around. Wishing you many more happy years without problems.

momcat
04-01-2014, 09:05 PM
Way to go, Pat! You did it - you BEAT it!!! :) Wishing a very special friend many more happy and healthy years - you deserve it.

phesina
04-01-2014, 09:08 PM
Thank you, Asiel and Eileen!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: