PDA

View Full Version : this is freaking me out :(

COCatMama
12-15-2002, 01:17 AM
I keep getting weird feelings in my chest, hard to describe :eek: I don't think it's just my imagination *gulp* i can't tell if it's my heart or my lungs....
I am sensitive to second hand smoke and have had pneumonia once as a kid, and bronchitis several times (don't have bronc right now. Maybe it's a bronchial thing? I do work with smokers and sometimes it's really smokey there :( . I am not light headed, no arm pain, my blood pressure is normal 120/70 ish. it's been happening alot lately, I am scared to find out what it is :(
my mom has had asthma but I hear no wheeze from myself. I am only 28 and a half years old!!!

Rocky'smomma
12-15-2002, 07:17 AM
I would go to the docs and have it checked out just be on the safe side....I hope you are ok!!

ChrisH
12-15-2002, 07:44 AM
My advice would be to go get it checked out, only a doc can tell you for sure what those weird feelings mean.
To me, as a COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmory Disorder) sufferer it sounds lung related. Maybe a combination of the the smoke you have been inhaling and, as you do get bronchitis and have had pneumonia, your lungs may be more suseptible to getting a virus infection which may affect you more than the next person. Oh, and I have to tell you that anyone can have asthama, age doesn`t come in to it. I had it real bad as a child but it disappeared by the time I was seventeen. Got it back later but that is all mixed up with my lung damage stuff (smoker :( )

It could be something, and most likely nothing, but, again, the very best thing you can do is to go get it checked out. Don`t leave it. If it bothers you that is reason enough.
Please keep us posted.

Chris

Cataholic
12-15-2002, 09:42 AM
Maybe you strained something....chest pains CAN mimic other things besides heart trouble, or COPD...which is kinda severe, and I think, uncommon in younger people. Maybe Juni pulled too hard on your leash? Or, you strained something while moving??? While it might be serious...I think without any other symptoms, it is probably muscular in nature..

I AM NOT A MD, I DON'T PLAY ONE ON TV, AND THIS INFORMATION IS MEANT TO BE ONLY EDUCATIONAL. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS HAVE YOUR SYMPTOMS EVALUATED BY A DOCTOR.

COCatMama
12-15-2002, 11:53 AM
Thanks, it's been going on for awhile and it's NOT painful, just an odd sensation. I notice it more at night, weird?? hmm...

Karen
12-15-2002, 12:05 PM
Better to get it checked out than worry about it. Some chronic conditions can be treated very well these days. Asthma doesn't always "sound" like wheezing, by the way, my family (asthmatics all to some degree) used to refer to it as the boa constrictor, because it feels like someone is squeezing your ribs so you can't breathe right.

A quick trip to your doctor, after writing down when it happens most and what it feels like, is in order. It's not panic attacks, is it?

COCatMama
12-15-2002, 12:10 PM
I don't believe so, I am not a real 'panicky' sort of person
geez i know what you mean about the boa constrictor effect, years ago I had to go to a relative's funeral and I stayed at my aunt and uncle's place and my aunt and some other people smoked and smoked and smoked....all the windows were closed, and then I slept in that room!!! I woke up the next day like there was a pile of bricks on my chest, a weird pressure.... I complained about it but nobody listened to me. When I got home I went to the Dr, my lungs were clear and he told me to come back if it got worse, well a few days later I got bronchitis :/. I know for a fact I do not have Asthma but a 'sensitivity' to second-hand smoke (whatever that means?!) Also sometimes cold air makes me cough.
I'm fine now, I don't have that weird feeling, but I had it last night. Argh