PDA

View Full Version : Please pray for Angel - update

momoffuzzyfaces
03-20-2014, 03:28 PM
My sweet Angel girl could sure use some prayers. Earlier this afternoon I noticed her left eye was shaking back and forth. Of course our bus doesn't run today but I called the vet and they just sent someone to pick her up. It kills me not to be able to go with her.

Please say a prayer for us. :love:

Karen
03-20-2014, 03:29 PM
Prayers on the way!

And yup, pet emergency situations never happen when the bus is running, or the roads are clear or ...

phesina
03-20-2014, 03:41 PM
Prayers and warm wishes and healing energies are on the way from us for both Angel and you, MoFF.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Freedom
03-20-2014, 03:44 PM
Prayers from RI!

Not heard of that in a cat. In a dog, it is usually vestibular disease, scary but not fatal and clears up.

What a nice vet practice, to send someone to pick up a pet! That is wonderful!

Oh, and just be glad it is not a Sunday, so you need an ER Vet.

Felicia's Mom
03-20-2014, 04:19 PM
Sending prayers and positive thoughts to Angel and you.

slick
03-20-2014, 04:26 PM
Oh MOFF, this is terrible. Prayers on the way for sweet Angel and you, of course.:love:

cassiesmom
03-20-2014, 04:34 PM
Prayers said and I lighted a candle for Angel! :love:

lizbud
03-20-2014, 04:49 PM
Sorry to hear about Angel.:( This sounds kinda scary. I hope she can be treated & fixed up ASAP.

momoffuzzyfaces
03-20-2014, 05:35 PM
Well, Angel is home and hiding from me. It turned out both eyes were doing that vibrating bit. She has the vet puzzled. She said it was a idopathic neurological something. The vet tec is the one who called me and she didn't remember the exact name.

Anyway, they sent her home with some liquid prednizone to take twice a day for 7 days then once a day for 7 days then once a day every other day until it's gone. They want to recheck her but will call me when they want to do that. Of course, if she gets worse, I'm to call them.

I really hate having her on that med but if it helps I'll be glad. Hopefully, she won't have to stay on it long.

You might keep me in your prayers though. I'll have to try and get that down my little lioness. :eek: Thankfully that won't start until tomorrow.

Thank you all for the prayers and kind thoughts. Please keep them coming. :love::love:

Karen
03-20-2014, 05:55 PM
Thank you all for the prayers and kind thoughts. Please keep them coming. :love::love:

Be forewarned - prednisone makes some of us HUNGRY - like, do not let me grocery shop when I am on it!

phesina
03-20-2014, 05:57 PM
Prayers and warm wishes and healing energies are continuing from us..

momoffuzzyfaces
03-20-2014, 06:02 PM
Prayers said and I lighted a candle for Angel! :love:

Thank you so much for the candle. Angel is impressed that you remember her middle name!!! :love::love:

chocolatepuppy
03-20-2014, 06:33 PM
Praying for Angel to be well. :love:

Queen of Poop
03-20-2014, 07:37 PM
Prayers and good thoughts for you both.

Catty1
03-20-2014, 07:40 PM
Prayers for sweet Angel. :love:

Scooter's Mom
03-20-2014, 10:49 PM
Prayers for Angel!
(and for you and the rest of the kitties!)

smokey the elder
03-21-2014, 09:27 AM
Get better soon, pretty Angel.

momoffuzzyfaces
03-21-2014, 04:25 PM
Angel and I thank you all for the prayers and well wishes. So far the only thing I can say the med is doing for her is to make her slightly sleepy. Other than that, she is her normal self. Her eyes still quiver. I am beginning to wonder if it is possible she has had that from birth or since she was young and grew accustomed to it. I does not seem to effect her walking or balance in any way. I'd be walking into walls if it was me.

I did manage to get her full dose of med down her this morning. As for the second this afternoon, well at least SOME of it got into her. You should hear her scold me. She gives me her ack ack ack after I give it to her then stomps off and avoids me. :D:love:

phesina
03-21-2014, 05:00 PM
Oh, what a good girl, Angel! I'm so glad you're taking your med (sort of) and doing what sounds like basically all right.

Hopes and prayers that the vets and Meowmie and you soon figure this out and get things under control.

lizbud
03-22-2014, 06:19 PM
Wondering how Angel is doing? Hope the meds are helping her rest. I would think this condition could make a cat
or dog feel dizzy or experience nausea.

Karen
03-22-2014, 06:33 PM
At least you knows she's healthy enough to talk back! Not that that makes medicating her any easier, but ...

momoffuzzyfaces
03-22-2014, 06:48 PM
Wondering how Angel is doing? Hope the meds are helping her rest. I would think this condition could make a cat
or dog feel dizzy or experience nausea.

Angel and I thank everyone for their prayers and well wishes. She seems just the same as always: no better or worse. The med does seem to make her sleepy and she zonks out for a while after she gets it. She eats normally and plays with her lazer light and hisses and bites at the brush if I dare try to brush her. :)

Her eyes are still quivering though. I'm wondering if somehow they could have been doing that for a long time, maybe even since kitten hood. She has never had any trouble walking or seeing.

I keep wondering if she might be a bit nervous since Chip picks on her a lot. Well, he picks on all of them. He is the most ornery cat I've ever had. Right now even her mom growls and hisses at her. I'm thinking they might smell the med she is taking. It smells like cherries.

I did manage to get both doses down her today. :)

maid25cats
03-23-2014, 09:20 AM
Prayers on the way for Angel and you too.

momoffuzzyfaces
03-23-2014, 03:42 PM
Thanks again everyone. Please keep the prayers coming. Her eyes seems to be a bit worse today. But that might be because I bug her every few minutes trying to look at them. As for her morning med, well, I just hope some of it got into her. She is a scrappy one!!! Really though, the only thing I've noticed it doing is make her sleepy. She still eats great and plays and acts normal except for her quivering eyeballs. :love:

Randi
03-23-2014, 04:19 PM
Oh, I hope Angel will be okay! It sounds like she is, eating fighting back and playing. :) What is the medicine suppose to do? How old is she now?

Sending lots of good wishes for your sweet girl - and you, too. :love:

momcat
03-23-2014, 04:45 PM
Please don't be upset with Meowmie, Angel. She loves you and wants to make you feel better with the medicine from the vet. Many prayers are coming from our house for you and your wonderful Meowmie from Soncat and me. Amigo is also sending you feel better purrs.

momoffuzzyfaces
03-23-2014, 06:48 PM
Well, I did get some of her med in her tonight, except for the drop she flung on my forehead. :D She is still spunky for sure. I'm not real sure what the med is supposed to do. I had a dog once that had convulsions. She was on that to try and stop those. I guess it effects the nerves somehow. It has not effected her eyes at all.

One of our PT members who is a nurse told me that in humans that condition is called nystagmus.
I looked it up and it can be congenital or acquired. If it effects cats the same way, she could have always had it. Since she never lets me hold her and seldom lets me pet her, I might not have noticed it. I'll be asking her vet about that when she goes back for a recheck in a couple of weeks.
Thanks again everyone. :love::love:

slick
03-23-2014, 11:18 PM
Prayers on the way MOFF!! Sure hope Angel shows some improvement soon however seeing that she is "spunky" I take that as a good sign.
:love::love::love:

momoffuzzyfaces
03-24-2014, 09:14 AM
Prayers on the way MOFF!! Sure hope Angel shows some improvement soon however seeing that she is "spunky" I take that as a good sign.
:love::love::love:

Spunky she is, slick. She just flew through here with a case of the zoomies!!! :D
(I managed to get all her med into her 3 hours ago. yay for me!!!)

cassiesmom
03-24-2014, 11:42 PM
Spunky she is, slick. She just flew through here with a case of the zoomies!!! :D
(I managed to get all her med into her 3 hours ago. yay for me!!!)

Dear spunky Angel Rose,

SMOOCH! I hope you are doing much better, pretty girl! I lit a candle for you...
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=20527311

:love:,
Elyse

maerlyn
03-25-2014, 02:34 PM
Good wishes, thoughts, and a prayer for Angel Rose, that whatever the problem is, it's temporary. Be well soon, Angel!

momoffuzzyfaces
03-25-2014, 03:50 PM
I just talked to the vet tech about Angel and she was taking to the vet. I was wondering if she should stay on her med since it doesn't seem to help. They said to finish out her med then call them and they will maybe recheck her to see if they think she is better or worse or the same. They have no clue to why her eyes are doing that.

She said there is not much else they could do for her. The next step would be an mri to check for a brain tumor. They don't do those here though. I don't want to put her through that either. Specially since I'm thinking it might be something she was born with. The fact that she has never ever had any problems walking makes me think she always has had it and adapted to it.

I will keep everyone updated please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. :love::love:

lizbud
03-25-2014, 04:35 PM
She said there is not much else they could do for her. The next step would be an mri to check for a brain tumor. They don't do those here though. I don't want to put her through that either. Specially since I'm thinking it might be something she was born with. The fact that she has never ever had any problems walking makes me think she always has had it and adapted to it. love::love:

I agree with you about not going for the MRI. If Angel were having severe symptoms like loss of balance & running into furniture, etc., it might be different.
Do you think she might just be showing stress by Chip's picking on her?

momoffuzzyfaces
03-25-2014, 04:54 PM
I agree with you about not going for the MRI. If Angel were having severe symptoms like loss of balance & running into furniture, etc., it might be different.
Do you think she might just be showing stress by Chip's picking on her?

That is another thing I mean to ask the vet about. Chip has turned into a bully. He attacks all of the others but her most of all. Well, her and Chester. They all beat on Chester if they can. I know Chip makes me a nervous wreck at times. :love:

lizbud
03-25-2014, 05:28 PM
That is another thing I mean to ask the vet about. Chip has turned into a bully. He attacks all of the others but her most of all. Well, her and Chester. They all beat on Chester if they can. I know Chip makes me a nervous wreck at times. :love:

Yeah, I don't know if others have had a problem like this with multi cat households, but I first noticed it when I added Joey (Black s/h cat) to the group. If I knew
then what I know now, I would never had done it. I would have cleared up his health issues & then taken him to be adopted elsewhere. He introduced stress into
what had always been a very mellow group. Sounds like he & Chip are two of a kind.

momoffuzzyfaces
06-10-2014, 03:54 PM
Just wanted to let you all know Miss Angel's eyes are still quivering and she still feels really grand.:)
Well, except for days I need to put their flea treatment on them. Then I have to chase her and wrap her in a blanket to put a few drops of med on her neck. I just can not convince them I am not going to boil them in oil it seems. ;) :love:

mrspunkysmom
06-10-2014, 04:11 PM

Just wanted to let you all know Miss Angel's eyes are still quivering and she still feels really grand.
Well, except for days I need to put their flea treatment on them. Then I have to chase her and wrap her in a blanket to put a few drops of med on her neck. I just can not convince them I am not going to boil them in oil it seems.

Chip sounds like a younger version of Mr Spunky. He can be a real punka$$, which is how he earned his named. he has mellowed in the last few years. Phew.

He has to terrorize Callie these days. He never bothered her until she became ill last summer. He really just wants to play, and the other animal's reaction is what determines how much of a punk he is.

Good luck with this. Great news that she is feeling better.

phesina
06-10-2014, 06:27 PM
Great to know that Angel is doing so well. Wonderful!

My goodness, flea treatments! The cat network must pick that news up as "Flee!" and they all dash off.