PDA

View Full Version : We got a dog!!!! :D

luckies4me
12-14-2002, 08:38 PM
Well after much consideration we decided to adopt a dog from our local pound. She is a fox terrier mix? with brown spots on a white background. She is twelve years old, so she is old but deserves a loving home none the less. :D

She was picked up in the worst area of the city. :( Just running around town with no collar or tags. :( We cannot take her home til Tuesday after she has been spayed and vaccinated. She could already be spayed but they have to shave her and see if there is a scar....... all they have to do is feel for stitches. :rolleyes: But she will come with up to date vaccinations, a lead and collar and already fixed. She is the sweetest most calm dog ever. But at the same time you cansee, that even though she is an old gal she is still playful deep down. She seems to have been through a lot. I can see it in her eyes.

She also has deformed front paws, which turn slightly inward. But she walks just fine and sort of 'trots" when she walks! It is just so cute!:D

Well here is a picture of her; Our new beautiful girl doggie!
http://www.co.lane.or.us/Animals/images/dogs/P1070205.jpg

So now I need suggestions on a name. ;) And also, any advice on cat/dog introductions!:eek: I sure hope they will all get along. I now have a new jogging/walking buddy! I am soooooo HAPPY!

luckies4me
12-14-2002, 08:41 PM
Oh yah, that is a pic of her that the pound took. See how her face is split colorwise? Oe side is white and the other is brown. :D
If you want to see what shelter we adopting from, you can click
here (http://www.co.lane.or.us/Animals/default.htm)

primabella
12-14-2002, 08:46 PM
wow, luckies4me :) you and me added a new pup to our family today :D she is such a cutie, and lucky to have been saved by you :D wishing all the best for you two :)

Cookiebaker
12-14-2002, 08:46 PM
Luckies, what happened to that other dog that was in such trouble that belonged to someone in your family??? Could you take that one as well?

This pup is a real cutie. She looks real gentle. Best of luck with her and keep us posted as to what you choose to name her.

luckies4me
12-14-2002, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Cookiebaker
Luckies, what happened to that other dog that was in such trouble that belonged to someone in your family??? Could you take that one as well?

This pup is a real cutie. She looks real gentle. Best of luck with her and keep us posted as to what you choose to name her.

Wolfy didn't belong to any of my family, but an ex boyfriends family. No, unfortunately I cannot take Wolfers, because he is unsocial around both other animals and humans. If I did not have Dylan and didn't live in an apartment I would consider it, after he was seen by a trainer. He has major issues. :(

On the bright side, I have convinced (after so much yelling at him!!) my friend to have Tess (Wolfies sis) spayed, and vaccinated. It's not his dog, it is my sphycho ex boyfriends. There is no way I can ever go near that house again, unless I wanted to be beat to death. I had no idea after five years NO ONE in the family had taken the dogs to be altered/licensed or vaccinated! :mad: Rob, my friend has given many excuses as to why he has not done it, or done anything about it, which is just plain BS. :mad: I am still working on finding a home for Wolfie, and if not I am going to have to call the Humane Society. I don't care if my friend gets mad, but he has to realize you cannot just let a dog rot!

Twisterdog
12-14-2002, 10:21 PM
Congrats on your new dog!

I have three smooth fox terriers, and one smooth fox terrier mix. They are GREAT dogs, full of life and energy and vinegar! Your dog is called a split-face or bi-face.

The only thing I'd be a bit concerned about is her getting along with your cat ... fox terriers traditionally do not mix well with cats. Of course there are exceptions, but .....

Attached is a picture of my newest smooth foxie, Basil. :)

luckies4me
12-14-2002, 10:29 PM
Awww, how cute! Thanks for letting me know what her markings are called. I think she's beautiful. :D

Yes I am worried about the cats, however my cats have been around pleny of dogs, lol and Houdini grew up with my old dog Pooka, a deer chihuahua. Do you have any suggestions on introductions? Of course I will go slow. She doesn't do much because she is old so I'm not that worried. Another thing I thought about were my rats!:eek: Now that's something I am going to have to work on. However they are kept up on the dressers, but it still is a little something I have to think about.

Thanks!:D

Karen
12-14-2002, 10:31 PM
Gotta be some name to do with chocolate, cause she looks like a white dog that got into some!

Cocoa?
Candy girl?

She looks like a Sweetie any way you decide!

COCatMama
12-14-2002, 10:33 PM
Spanky
Soot
Patches (gotta be Patches!!!!!)
Precious
*G*

luckies4me
12-14-2002, 10:35 PM
Dan wants to name her Sparkette, ROFLMAO!:rolleyes:

Crikit
12-14-2002, 11:20 PM
She's a beauty. I was thinking due to the time of year that you got her you should give her a sort of Christmas type name or something to relate to the holidays.

Here's some that I think might work.
Gabrielle
Feliz (sp?) (as in feliz navidad)
Ember short for December

That's all I can think of right now. My minds at the brink of not working any more for the night.

delidog
12-14-2002, 11:27 PM
Oh she is precious!!!!!
Thank you for adopting a more mature lady!!!!!
what if you called her "Splice"....like a Splice down the middle????

just a thought....
but most important:

Congratulations!!!!

shais_mom
12-15-2002, 12:29 AM
What is her name now?
Good for you adopting such an older dog!! :D

How is Mystic doing?

luckies4me
12-15-2002, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by shais_mom
What is her name now?
Good for you adopting such an older dog!! :D

How is Mystic doing?

Mystic is doing wonderful!! He made a complete recovery and the swelling is all gone, no more infection or anything. I am amazed at how fast he got better, it was pretty much overnight.

I had some leftover antibiotics that I am treating my rescue rats with. It has helped them so much this week, with their lungs. They are having a MYCO outbreak. :( But my ratties are doing so much better since being here. They have all gained weight and had a bath, so they look pretty nice. I a going to post follow up pics of the little bundles in Pet General tomorrow. :D

There is a chance that an owner could find her on Tuesday morning, but I really doubt it. She didn't have a collar or anything. We are going to go buy some Christmas presents for her on Monday and have her in our Christmas pic as well. :D She is a timid gal and I think she has been abused, but she is very calm and cuddly at the same time. Not hyper, and that is what w don't want with a 13 month old son on Christmas. She was perfect! I just hope she gets along with the cats. I love older dogs. It was so sad visiting the shelter. There were two older dogs there, one a dachsund and another a pekingnese. The peke was so old she didn't move at all. The dachsie was blind but the sweetest little gal. I was so torn between our new pup and the dachsie. I held back tears as we left, wishing I could take him home with me as well. He was just so sweet. The reason I like Older dogs is because they are so sweet and gentle, and you can give them a good home for their last days, which isn't too long. My old chi, Pooka, was 8 years when I adopted her from the shelter. The terrier reminded me a little of Pooka, so that is why I chose her. I sure miss my pooka pup. I taught her so many tricks. Sit pretty, stay, jump up so that I could catch her, to dance and lots of other things. She was my baby and someone stole her from our house!
:( I miss you Pooka!

It really sucks to lose a pet and I know it will be so hard on me whenthis lady goes, but isn't it nice she canlive out the rest of her days with us, and not homeless? It gets really cold here during the winter. I am going back to my old job. :D And I have signed up for veterinary pet insurance. It covers cancer and a bunch of other things for senior dogs. I just hope she lives a long time more. Urrgh! I am already thinking of her leaving! It sucks. They should stay with us longer. :(

Thanks everyone for thinking she s cute. I am trying to persuade Dan on a name. So far. nooooooooo, he doesn't like any of them. :rolleyes: I'll keep trying though and keep you all posted. I can't wait til she comes home. I am going to take her to the bet so they can look at her front paws. The man at the shelter said she had been there a LONG time, and was soooo happy we are taking her home with us. When we left the shelter she was whining for us to come back. :(

Uabassoon
12-15-2002, 02:21 AM
She's such a cute dog, and I'm glad that you resuced her. But if you are having financial problems can you afford to have a dog right now?

sammi
12-15-2002, 04:02 AM
Such a cute looking dog! Nice when people adopt a older dog I think. Have I got this wrong or was it you Luckies4 that didn't have money for a vet for the kitty last week? This is not a put down I just can't understand adopting a new dog right b/4 Christmas.:confused:
Don't mean to pffend you. I wish you luck. You will have your work cut out for you thats for sure - I just hope they all get along and also with your baby.

Cataholic
12-15-2002, 08:48 AM
Oh, oh....Luckies4me? This is the one and the same, isn't it? Now that Mystic is back to normal...what are you thinking about getting a DOG with your money situation?

Twisterdog
12-15-2002, 09:57 AM
I really don't have any tips on introducing dogs to cats, because I've never owned a cat. I do know my dogs think cats are snacks with fur, but they are young, so maybe with your new dog being older, she won't bother the cat. I hope things work out!

As for the rats ... oh boy! Fox terriers were bred from the beginning to be ratters. That was their main job. Caged rats are used as lures in Earth Dog competitions ... and the terriers always know exactly what to do! (Don't freak - the rats aren't hurt.)

My son had two rats for a while, and our dogs wents CRAZY! The rats were up on a dresser, but the dogs jumped and barked constantly. We had to keep the door closed all the time, or there was NO peace for anyone.

that_figures5
12-15-2002, 10:54 AM
www.bowwow.com.au has many pet names...maybe you could find one you both like there?

luckies4me
12-15-2002, 12:08 PM
I know, my rats were the main concern. However at the pound where she is comming from, they do intros with cats and small furries before you can take the dog home. However, if you don't have any other animals they do none. She supposedly didn't react to the GIGANTIC rat there, or to any of the cats. She just pretty much ignored them. Of course I wasn't there but I think these people are sincere and I will trust their judgement. :)

As for money, we had the money....it's just getting it out of Dans pocket. But that doesn't matter now, because today the person I'm suing settled. FINALLY! I have been waiting on this money for a long time, it's been almost 6 years already. Sheesh! But Mystic went to the vet the next morning and didn't linger around the house. We did what needed to be done, like we would do with all our critters. Mystic actually has to go back at the end of the month for his vaccinations. If I didn't feel we could take care of another animal I wouldn't be adopted her.

As for the work cut out for me, yes I do. But I have had dogs and used to train dogs at Crossroads Country Club Dog Resort and Training with Tamborine, it's the top dog training facility in the US.
But like I said in my previous posts, I got my old job back and I am putting on our pets on insurance, and now that I can clean up my credit and pay off all my old bills I can qualify for care credit also. I tell you, this week is going great!!!:D So hopefully we will find a name soon, but persuading him to lean towards my suggestion is hard. We lieks names like Skipper and Sparky, lol. Just not for me and it doesn't fit her at all!:rolleyes:

aly
12-15-2002, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by luckies4me
But I have had dogs and used to train dogs at Crossroads Country Club Dog Resort and Training with Tamborine, it's the top dog training facility in the US.

I tried to look up that facility and they don't seem to have a website. I did see them listed on a few other websites under the Training sections, but no site as their own. Who recognized them as the top dog training facility? I am just curious because I've been taking a lot of internships with canine behaviorists and trainers and I just hadn't ever heard of that place. You'd think they'd have a website.

luckies4me
12-15-2002, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by aly

I tried to look up that facility and they don't seem to have a website. I did see them listed on a few other websites under the Training sections, but no site as their own. Who recognized them as the top dog training facility? I am just curious because I've been taking a lot of internships with canine behaviorists and trainers and I just hadn't ever heard of that place. You'd think they'd have a website.

I don't think they have a website......but I worked there when I was 18-19 so I don't know what they have changed since then. As for who names them, I have no idea, that's just what I was told. We have had Meatloafs dogs, Red and Black (don't get me started on them) who were owned by Johnny Dep, and Elton Johns dog. It just says on their flyers and in the yellow pages that it is the number one dog training facility in the US. But I wouldn't recommend them........you can PM me if you want to know why. I quit. Maybe try typing just "Training with Daniel Tamborine" ? That might bring something up. It is a boarding and training facility so.... But you are right, you would thinkthey would have a site. :rolleyes:

luckies4me
12-15-2002, 12:54 PM
I just typed "Training with Tambourine" and I got a lot of things brought up. I amon aol, so maybe type that in and see what it gives you ok. :)

tatsxxx11
12-15-2002, 12:56 PM
Thank you for giving this beautiful senior a second chance! She is precious!!!:)

luckies4me
12-15-2002, 12:58 PM
Your welcome!:)

Candy16
12-15-2002, 01:47 PM
Oh, she is a sweetheart! Good for you for getting an older dog - they always get overlooked for the puppies, but usually they need a home even more! I think she looks like a Vienna, or maybe Erika. I do like Ember, as someone had previously suggested! If you're looking for cutsie names like Sparky, how 'bout Tinkle, Mystie, or Bailey? Good luck! :D

aly
12-15-2002, 07:19 PM
Yeah I did see them listed.. just no site and found it weird.

I'm not sure I want to know what's wrong with that place. It will get me really mad. There's a certain training center near me that I hate because of their methods. They seem to think scaring a dog to death is 'training'.

luckies4me
12-15-2002, 07:57 PM
Well they used to smack Rd and Black in the face all the time! They were there for training because they were agressive.....ya like that's really going to help!:mad: Johnny Deps other dog was so messed up he couldn't even get him enrolled, he was way too agressive. They used shock collars on one dog and they almost killed him!:( They didn't even tell the owner about it, because none of the owners know they use them there. There were so many fights with the kennel dogs, at least one a day because no one ever kept their kennels shut. :mad: Daycare puppies were hospitalized with Parvo and Bordetells. The list goes on and on. Then one lady there was stealing the daycare dog money, and pocketing it for herself. :rolleyes: That place has so many problems it's ridiculous. The list goes on and on and on. The place is sick, maybe that is why it's not listed. Because they know the things they do wrong!

Cookiebaker
12-15-2002, 08:14 PM

As for the work cut out for me, yes I do. But I have had dogs and used to train dogs at Crossroads Country Club Dog Resort and Training with Tamborine, it's the top dog training facility in the US.

The list goes on and on and on. The place is sick, maybe that is why it's not listed. Because they know the things they do wrong!

You are talking about the same place, aren't you?? Well which is it? Is it the "top dog training facility in the US" or is the place "sick"???? Doesn't sound like this story jives to me...because quite frankly, owners tend to notice when facilities are just a little bit off, and take their pets elsewhere. I know I have in the past. So if they are truly mistreating the animals, there is no way that they would remain the "top dog training facility" and why are you (in a way) endorsing them by calling them that?

luckies4me
12-15-2002, 08:25 PM
I am NOT endorsing them at all. I am just saying that by what I have heard and what the owner and advertisements say, it is stated as the top dog training facility in the US, and I think it is. However, when it comes to boarding I don't think it is very nice at all and I would never board a dog of mine there.

As far as owners knowing anything about it, I am sure some do. But most animals there for training are shipped there from other states, and spend up to a few months there recieving training. There have been plenty of boarding dogs taken out of daycare there, because of things that have happened. Again, I am not endorsing them. I said I wouldn't recommened them. Some of the trainers there did truly care but there were others who just didn't give a rats behind. So yes the place is sick, and no in my opionion it is NOT the best place out there to train a dog, or board it. But.... it is a good training facility if you ge the right person, like Dan. They also teach agility and flyball also. SO I guess I am torn between whether or not I like them. I would say the people who care are very good trainers, but the people who don't are not and I wouldn't want my dog being with them. As for boaring, it is sick. That's all I will say. I am not going to sit here and give a whole list of remebrances etc. If you want to find out more you can research the place.

luckies4me
12-15-2002, 08:28 PM
Ok well that didn't make sense now did it? :rolleyes:

So yes in a way I like some of the trainers, but I hate the place in my own way too.

Cataholic
12-15-2002, 08:39 PM
Since you know so many bad things about it, plus some pretty huge (in my opinion) names assoicated with it, maybe you should make a call to the AKC??? I would gladly place a call- secretely, of course, to them....where exactly are they located?

luckies4me
12-15-2002, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
Since you know so many bad things about it, plus some pretty huge (in my opinion) names assoicated with it, maybe you should make a call to the AKC??? I would gladly place a call- secretely, of course, to them....where exactly are they located?

How would you go about doing that. I think that is a great idea! I am always too chicken to do such things. The only thing is that I worked there 5 years ago and have no idea how things are now. Do you think they would still look into it? I hope so, just to make sure. Should I give you more info then since you are going to call. I don't have long distance so I can't do it. I will PM you their adress and phone number right now ok. Thanks!:D

luckies4me
12-15-2002, 08:55 PM
Ok I sent the info to you Cataholic. :)

Christiansmommy
12-15-2002, 09:08 PM
How about Clarice and Clara for shirt...( I was thinking Rudolph, and Rudy for short...since its December...but since she is a girl...Clarice was Rudolph's girlfriend :)...just a thought :)

Hmmm...what else??

Winter and you could call her Winny or
She looks like she was dipped in Caramel

sooo...Caramel and Cara for short??

Just a few thoughts :) I love thinking up names...anyway, i think its great that you adopted an older animal...hope it all works out for you and your cat :)

Robyn

anna_66
12-16-2002, 08:51 AM
Such a beautiful addition to your family, I hope all works out for you!!

DoggiesAreTheBest
12-16-2002, 08:58 AM
Congrats to you on your new addition. How wonderful of you to give this senior a home and allow her to live the remainder of her years being loved and cared for. She looks like a sweetheart!

luckies4me
12-16-2002, 10:29 AM
Thanks everyone! I love caramel! That would be the perfect name for her! Winter is great too, along with all the names people have given me! Hmm. I will run these new ideas over Dan, and see how he lieks them. Wish me luck! She comes home tomorrow during Dans lunch break!!!!!:D

luckies4me
12-16-2002, 03:40 PM
Yippee! Only one more day and my new furbaby comes home!:D

Dan stopped by today on his lunch break with some canned dog food and a HUGE bag of senior dog food for my new baby. I just hope she can eat the dry food. If not we'll just go out and get some more wet food. Tonight we are heading over to Petsmart to buy some doggie treats and a food bowl. I was thinking of getting the stainless steel kind that are up high so they dog doesn't have to lower it's head to eat. We already have a bed for her, pretty cozy!:D

But I was wondering what type of dog toys are good for an older dog? Do you think she might still like rawhide treats? I want to get her a stuffed hedgehog, lol. Any other suggestions. I am so excited now! Tomorrow is the big day!

But I am also a little afraid, intro wise. I just don't know how the cats are going to react. Wish me luck!:)

Twisterdog
12-16-2002, 04:22 PM
I have two thirteen year old dogs. They eat dry food just fine, and play with the same toys the youngsters do. Check your dogs teeth - if they are dirty, they may need a professional cleaning. After that, she should be able to eat dry food with no problems. My old cocker only has about half her original teeth now, and she eats kibble just fine.

Did you decide on a name yet? How about Sarah?

aly
12-16-2002, 04:22 PM
Don't get rawhide. It can cause doggies to choke and/or cause blockages. The compressed rawhide is a lot safer. I personally like the big femur bones and knuckle bones. They have them at Petsmart and Petco. I would get just a couple toys at first- maybe a squeaky, a ball, and a rubber toy so you have a variety. She probably won't play initially but may learn how to. Once you figure out which toys she likes, you can go buy more of that type.

Uabassoon
12-16-2002, 04:29 PM
I rencently pet sat for a 15 year old dog and she also ate dry food just fine. But she really didn't seem interested in any toys, she just wanted to take long walke everyday. But I took care of a 12 year old cockerspaniel and he LOVED his ball. That's all he wanted to do while I was there was play ball.

ChrisH
12-16-2002, 05:07 PM
Congratulations and Good Luck with your new furbaby! :)

originally written by Uabasson
But I took care of a 12 year old cockerspaniel and he LOVED his ball. That's all he wanted to do while I was there was play ball.
Thats a spaniel for you, they just never grow up! :D

luckies4me
12-16-2002, 05:39 PM
Aly,
The compressed rawhide was what I was thinking of :)

Thanks for all the ideas! She already has an appointment to get her teeth cleaned. I looked at them the shelter and they look terrible and then gums are swollen. It looks like she might need an extraction also.:( But after that I am sure she will do fine. It's just that it seems that her gums would be really soar right now. Well, doesn't matter cuz we bought the canned food just in case. :D

Well so far, she is going to have a stuffed hedgie, her comfy cozy bed............

Squeeky toys! I didn't even think of that! Sheesh, it's been about four years since I have had a dog. Well actually three. But Max was young and Pooka wasn't that old, still had bunches of energy.

What about those braided toys? Them seem a little unsafe to me. Perhaps she could swallow the string? What do you all think of those toys? I already bought pet vitamins and Brewers yeast with garlic for her, and a toothbrush and doggie toothpaste. :D I am going to try to litter box train her too. Pooka caught on right away. The shelter said she was housetrained but it would be nice to have her litter trained just in case she has to potty during the night.

lizbud
12-16-2002, 06:34 PM
I think it's great that you now have all this money to be
able to afford adding a dog to your family.Sounds like you
will have health problems down the road with her teeth.
Can you afford the expense yourselves? I wish with all my
heart that you know and appreciate the seriousness of the
commitment you will be making to this poor dog. Her life
has had it's life of ups & downs, I'm sure,and she certainly does
not deserve less than a full, 100% commitment by the people
who adopt her into their family.No excuses later on. Her
life will be in your hands. I wish you & that sweet dog the
very best.

sammi
12-16-2002, 08:02 PM
The big day is coming!!! Some older dogs just don't play and some play like a puppy it seems. How will you work this out with a older dog and your son? Unless the dog was brought up with children he might not be able to tolerate being around a toddler without constant supervion.
I hope everything works out - you have had major stuff going on this past 10 days.

aly
12-16-2002, 09:45 PM
I'm glad Liz mentioned health problems caused by bad teeth. My current foster is an old girl with rotten teeth. Her teeth have caused several severe health problems that *will* take her life. I have her on meds to prolong her life, but the vet has no guarantees about how much longer she'll live. Its so sad that her life will be shorter because her teeth were not taken care of :( Just something to think about if anyone has a dog with bad teeth.

luckies4me
12-16-2002, 10:15 PM
I'm a tech, I know about teeth problems. She does need her teeth cleaned but they aren't as bad as some I have seen. We once did 5 extractions and a gum biopsy on a German Shephard Dog. His teeth were so horrible.

But it doesn't matter because her owner came and picked her up today. We have to start over now. :( It is sad for us but at the same time I am glad the owner found her. So happens that she lives in Veneta, which is two cities away. :( But there is a cute Chi at the Humane Society of the Willamette Valley that we may go look at this weekend. We bought her food and everything. We have decided to donate it to the GreenHill Humane Society. They are having a very rough time this year. They are chalk full of kittens, and are even running "specials". A sort of buy one get one free deal. For this time of year, they have a lot of kittens. :eek: But we thought the food might help them out a bit.

luckies4me
12-16-2002, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by aly
I'm glad Liz mentioned health problems caused by bad teeth. My current foster is an old girl with rotten teeth. Her teeth have caused several severe health problems that *will* take her life. I have her on meds to prolong her life, but the vet has no guarantees about how much longer she'll live. Its so sad that her life will be shorter because her teeth were not taken care of :( Just something to think about if anyone has a dog with bad teeth.

Can she not have an extraction done? At least to remove the bad teeth and then have a scaling done on the remaining ones so they aren't so bad? Do you think it is wise to keep her alive longer? Maybe it is her time to go. :( You are very strong to take on this responsibility, I applaud you.:) But yes, it is a very sad thing, both for the dog and you.

aly
12-16-2002, 10:26 PM

Can she not have an extraction done? At least to remove the bad teeth and then have a scaling done on the remaining ones so they aren't so bad? Do you think it is wise to keep her alive longer? Maybe it is her time to go. :( You are very strong to take on this responsibility, I applaud you.:) But yes, it is a very sad thing, both for the dog and you.

The second day after I started fostering her, I took her straight to the vet to determine her quality of life. She's not suffering. She's comfortable and happy on her medication. The vet told me she doesn't look like a dying dog anymore.

I am going to get her teeth cleaned once she is totally stabilized from her heart condition. We still have to run some blood work to see if she can safely be put under. We've just been trying to fix one problem at a time.

luckies4me
12-16-2002, 10:38 PM
What type of heart conditin does she have? Houdini has a first phase heart murmur, and after tests it was deemed safe to have her spayed. She also has an umbilical hernia, and so does Mystic. However, it can be pushed in so we have never had to go to surgery. Mystics bugs me though, so I think I may take him in. It has been something I have contemplated for a long time now. Is she on antibiotics or Aquadrops? Maybe have the vet put her on Aquadrops before she has the teeth cleaning done. Well, that said, I hope she gets better soon and who knows......maybe she will live a few more years. :)

aly
12-16-2002, 10:41 PM
She has a heart murmur and congestive heart failure :(

She was on antibiotics but is off them now. She's still taking Furosemide, Enalapril, and another one I forgot the name of.

luckies4me
12-16-2002, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by aly
She has a heart murmur and congestive heart failure :(

She was on antibiotics but is off them now.

Does she have kidney failure? Oh boy! This must really be tough on you both. :( But just know that she is pending the last of her days with you, and I am sure that means a lot to her. :)