PDA

View Full Version : I bought a new pair of slippers today.

RICHARD
03-16-2014, 05:46 PM
I went shopping and got a deal on some cheapo water socks/slippers...5 dollars.

My old slippers were starting to lose their sole...that and someone threw up in them this morning.

I won't mention any names *edward d katz* but it was quite a wake up call.

This happened at 4 a.m. this morning. There I was minding my own business when I awoke to the sound of a wretching cat.

Ed makes this mewling noise before he blows chunks, I think I may have heard it in my sleep, and that is my hint to get a piece of newspaper and run to get it under his mouth. No such luck his time.:rolleyes:

I sat up and thought, "Don't step into the mess, turn on the light and find out exactly where he threw up.
The light goes on and I look and look for the pile of puke - it will show up against the blue of the rug......
I look again and don't see anything.

False alarm?

I swing my legs off the bed and go for my slippers and stop dead in my tracks.

There, perfectly camoflauged in the foot bed of my slipper is a pile of puke.:eek:

Aw crap.

I managed to get a paper towel and wipe it up and thought, "it's time to get a new pair...."

Now, I just have to get the cat to throw up on some of my other stuff?

Karen
03-16-2014, 06:50 PM
He was doing you a service, it was time to get new slippers, Dad!

Selective puking - a cat specialty!

slick
03-16-2014, 10:32 PM
OMG this make gave me the laugh I so desperately needed.:D:D:D You are right Karen - selective puking. My RB Max was expert at that. I remember a time at 3am. She was sleeping right by my head and I awoke to hearing that gagging sound. Next thing I know projectile puke was hitting my cheek. Gotta love it....NOT!

cassiesmom
03-17-2014, 01:16 AM
Selective puking ... good addition for the Furminology Dictionary!

Richard, it sounds like Edster wanted you to have new slippers :p

katladyd
03-17-2014, 01:20 AM
Mac is my resident puker. Always, always at 4 in the morning. Sometimes (often) on the rug and sometimes on the tile , sometimes on my son's shoes and sometimes on mine, but always at around 4 in the morning.:rolleyes: Yes, my slippers have been puked in. also. Cats...gotta love 'em.:love:

RICHARD
03-17-2014, 11:29 AM
Ed makes a real bizarre 'mewling' sound before he lets go. I have a 10-15 second 'window of opportunity' to run and get a piece of newspaper, run to where he is and strategically position it in front of him.

If I do get lucky and get the paper down, I have to make sure he doesn't flinch or turn away from the target.

So I use one hand to scoot the paper in front and the other on his shoulder to corral him.

When I was first able to decode the noise and figure I had enough time to get the paper under him?
I had to find out where he was!

One of the other strange things about his SP is that it is always done in 'twos'. He has a pre-yak and his real yak.

Nover one, never three. Just two.

-------------

One of Ed's other talents is to plant a pile in the dirty laundry on the floor, there is nothing more vile than to put a hand in to a wet, mushy pile of red and brown cat food?

katladyd
03-17-2014, 02:14 PM
Mac gives an "urka, urka, urka" sound for about 10 seconds before he lets loose. It's funny, Mac is the only cat I have had that pukes without actually being ill, but I know it's pretty common.

maerlyn
03-18-2014, 09:06 AM
This happened to me once, long, long ago. My husband and I took an overnight trip - just one night. Evidently, this was not acceptable to the feline member of the household at that time (and I can't remember exactly who that was), but I came home to find a lovely pile of puke in my bedroom slipper. I took this as a sign of displeasure at my overnight abscence! :rolleyes: