PDA

View Full Version : Kokopup

pomtzu
03-14-2014, 06:55 PM
I see that today is Kokopup's birthday. Has anyone heard from him or know how he's doing? It's been over 2 years since he last posted here, and if I recall correctly, I believe he said that he was showing signs of Alzheimer's or dementia.

Karen
03-14-2014, 08:00 PM
I haven't heard from him, I'll email him.

Catty1
03-14-2014, 10:47 PM
Oh dear...I hope he's ok.

Karen
03-15-2014, 12:30 AM
If I haven't heard from him by Monday's I'll try calling him, if I can find a phone numbers for him that works.

Randi
03-15-2014, 06:06 AM
I hope he's OK!

If you see this.... Happy Birthday, Kokopup! :)

Karen
03-18-2014, 06:05 PM
I called this evening and left a message on an answering that may belong to him ... the phone number matched the address I have for him, we'll see if anyone returns my call. I'll try tomorrow during the day, and ask for his wife by name(I know that), just in case.

kuhio98
03-18-2014, 07:17 PM
Thanks Karen. I hope someone gets back to you.
He was a tremendous help to me with computer issues. I can't believe it's been over 2 years since he's been here.

mrspunkysmom
03-18-2014, 09:20 PM
I see that today is Kokopup's birthday. Has anyone heard from him or know how he's doing? It's been over 2 years since he last posted here, and if I recall correctly, I believe he said that he was showing signs of Alzheimer's or dementia.

I wrote to him a few times, but he wouldn't respond. Such a shame. He had a busy life and an active mind, which usually prevents or slows the process down. I do hope he is well.

pomtzu
03-19-2014, 08:11 AM
I made contact on Facebook with one of Bill's (kokopup) friends and they were in contact by email all the time, but then Bill just dropped off the radar a couple of years ago, for no apparent reason. I had the same experience, since Bill and I would email on occasion. I know he did have a lot of serious health issues that he had long before he even joined PT. I have another couple of ideas to explore if Karen doesn't make any contact by phone with him or his wife. I'd like to think the best, but I almost expect the worst. :(

Catty1
03-19-2014, 01:16 PM
pom, if you know his full name, you might try a Google search with his name and name of the place he lived.

I am hoping for the best. :love:

Karen
03-19-2014, 01:37 PM
pom, if you know his full name, you might try a Google search with his name and name of the place he lived.

Catty, I have his address, wife's name and a possible phone number. I just left another message on the answering machine today. Google will not help much at this point, his last name is even more common than mine.

pomtzu
03-19-2014, 03:10 PM

I also have his full name and the state he lives in, but like Karen said, it's almost as common as Smith or Jones. :p I had the city too at one time, so I'll do some back tracking to see if I can locate that. That would narrow things down drastically. Hoping that Karen gets some results with the phone messages.

mrspunkysmom
03-19-2014, 07:48 PM
Catty, I have his address, wife's name and a possible phone number. I just left another message on the answering machine today. Google will not help much at this point, his last name is even more common than mine.

His name is very common; in fact, it comes up in an ancestral search for part of my family, although I doubt we are related. WE used to chat or talk and email, but he stopped replying.

Karen
03-19-2014, 07:52 PM
I got a message from his wife, and sadly, she lost Bill , a.k.a. kokopup, a little over a year ago. He had heart trouble, we all knew that, but had surgery, then a series of strokes, and passed away February 19th, 2013. I hope to be able to actually speak to her tomorrow, we missed each other with the actual calls. She thanked us for remembering his birthday.

pomtzu
03-19-2014, 08:02 PM
I got a message from his wife, and sadly, she lost Bill , a.k.a. kokopup, a little over a year ago. He had heart trouble, we all knew that, but had surgery, then a series of strokes, and passed away February 19th, 2013. I hope to be able to actually speak to her tomorrow, we missed each other with the actual calls. She thanked us for remembering his birthday.

I was afraid that it would be bad news. That's a shame - Bill was a good man and we became good friends after a rough start.

RIP Bill - you are missed.

chocolatepuppy
03-19-2014, 08:58 PM
I'm so sorry to hear of Bill's passing. :( He was such a nice man.

Catty1
03-19-2014, 10:03 PM
Rest in peace, Bill. :love: You are and will be very missed on Pet Talk. :(

Alysser
03-19-2014, 10:23 PM
How terrible. :( Rest in Peace..I always liked his post. He was very informative and smart on tons of subjects, and he was always really kind.

mrspunkysmom
03-19-2014, 10:31 PM

I am so sorry to hear this. He was such a nice fellow.

Bonny
03-20-2014, 06:50 AM
Sorry, to read of Bills passing. I sure loved his humor & wonder how his dog Kokopup is doing. Pets losing humans is just as bad as humans losing pets sometimes. :(

ramanth
03-20-2014, 09:03 AM
RIP Bill. :(

Freedom
03-20-2014, 09:19 AM
Saw this news on FB, and came back to this thread.

RIP Bill, you are missed.

Must have been a scene at Rainbow Bridge that day, lol. Lots of PT pets knew of Bill.

Cataholic
03-20-2014, 09:55 AM
This is very sad. I remember him well. RIP, Bill.