PDA

View Full Version : Is it SPRING yet? Thursday #576

RICHARD
03-13-2014, 03:24 PM
IS IT SPRING YET?

I think a nice send off to winter will be to burn the calendar pages from January and February.

I think one more week of winter sounds just about right.

I think some spring cleaning and a pre-BBQ BBQ is in order.

Let me get my shorts out of the L&F and lets get rolling.

I feel like a Gin and Tonic for the DOTD?

DONE?

cassiesmom
03-13-2014, 06:44 PM
Richard, while you're looking in the L&F, could you please see if Chicago's spring is in there? It's definitely missing.

No G&T for me, thank you. I'm drinking decaf diet Coke right now. Just opened it. i'm already spring cleaning- have a box going for the resale shop.

Queen of Poop
03-13-2014, 08:02 PM
Spring is here in Alberta. Snow is melting and flooding has begun. I'd love a G&T please!

Karen
03-14-2014, 03:23 PM
It is above freezing today, and is supposed to actually warm tomorrow - but we know better than to expect it to last!

Happy Pi Day everyone! I have a sudden craving for Spanikopita - blame the "ethnic foods" thread - so does spinach pie count?

Karen
03-14-2014, 05:43 PM
Okay, ended up with having a "pizza pie" for supper, that will have to be my celebration for Pi Day! Spinach and feta, anyone want to share?

Queen of Poop
03-14-2014, 07:58 PM
Okay, ended up with having a "pizza pie" for supper, that will have to be my celebration for Pi Day! Spinach and feta, anyone want to share?

Me please! That's my favorite. I've got some raspberry iced tea to share.

Karen
03-16-2014, 12:21 PM
Me please! That's my favorite. I've got some raspberry iced tea to share.

Excellent - that will taste like summer!

RICHARD
03-16-2014, 02:24 PM
Time to refill and eat!

Spinach pie? I'm in!

-----

The spring I was looking for was here yesterday and is gone today. I even set up the telescope last night to look at the moon!

It stayed warm until late and today it's rainy and cold!

Wah!

Anyway, hot and cole refills and some carnival pizza?

I remember eating a slice of carnival pizza that had a very herby sauce to it. Never found another piece like it again.

Done?

slick
03-16-2014, 10:27 PM
Hey Richard: I just looked up Cali weather and man am I so jealous. Just look up rain and you'll see what I'm facing. Just stopping by here for a bit of break from cleaning up cat pee everywhere. I never knew that those puppy pee pads could hold so much liquid :confused: Hmmm, wonder what Depends are made from??? Sorry, got off the beaten track.

Asparagus is all over the place here so would love an asparagus omelet with chillies and cheese. Are you up for the challenge???;) Oh yes, and to drink, my usual BM please.

Here's to a happy week for everyone.

Karen
03-17-2014, 12:45 AM
Hey Richard: I just looked up Cali weather and man am I so jealous. Just look up rain and you'll see what I'm facing.

But Richard himself might be jealous of California weather right now ... as he made the big move to someplace that has seasons, snow, rain and all! He's in Kentucky now, Slick! I am jealous that you have asparagus growing, I should pick some up as it just seems right to have asparagus on toast in the spring!

smokey the elder
03-17-2014, 09:09 AM
Asparagus eggs benedict is really good: you substitute the asparagus for the ham. Yum!

pomtzu
03-17-2014, 09:17 AM
With 5" of new snow over night????? The calendar might say it's Spring, but I think Mother Nature has other ideas. It won't be around long tho - temps back up in the 50's in a couple of days. I'm looking forward to the fresh rhubarb and strawberries that will be in season fairly soon. :)

Karen
03-18-2014, 07:43 PM
With 5" of new snow over night????? The calendar might say it's Spring, but I think Mother Nature has other ideas. It won't be around long tho - temps back up in the 50's in a couple of days. I'm looking forward to the fresh rhubarb and strawberries that will be in season fairly soon. :)

I bought a pint of strawberries the other day from Florida - fun how the season works its way up the coast!

RICHARD
03-19-2014, 12:57 PM
A few days ago I say bunches of asparagi (?) in the store and when I went back yesterday, there were none.:( But, here in Thursday's we have it in abundance!

Asparagus omeletes or steamed with a slice of lemon and sprigs of dill! Asparagus Benedict? Yes, we can.
I also saw strawberries in the store.......rhubarb and SB pie.

----------------

When I got here to KY I was sicker than a dog. I knew I was getting better when I was served half a strawberry on a stack of pancakes. THAT was the best strawberry I had ever had in my life...Everything I ate for the three weeks before I made it here had no taste.....ewww.

---------

I hope everyone has had a respite from the poopy weather we are having!!!!!!

With that, let me do some refills and I'll give you a hearty DONE!

Karen
03-19-2014, 03:13 PM
Isn't it amazing how good food can fast when one first regains an appetitive and sense of taste?

By the way, treasure any maple syrup you currently have - the season has been AWFUL so far according to one guy I talked to - last year at this point they had 17,000 gallons of sap collected. This year? Just 300 gallons.

French toast with maple syrup seems to be in order! With bacon of course, as the food here at Thursday's is calorie free!