PDA

View Full Version : Definitions of Romance....

Chinadoll
12-14-2002, 05:40 PM
I was talking with a friend and we end up talking about how romantic (or not) our Significant Others are. I was saying Joey can be romantic when you least expect it. Like late last night...I was exhausted and my feet were killing me. I spent all day at work and evening in heels because of our office Christmas Lunch, Company Christmas party, and Joey's Company Christmas party. By the time that was all over, it was late, my back and feet were hurting, and I knew I had to go home and clean litter boxes, feed and water all furries, and let the ferrets out. I was so tired and went to change clothes to begin the whole furry cleaning process when Joey pulled me into the bathroom to a hot bubble bath he had ran for me. I got to relax in a bubble bath while he cleaned litter boxes and took care of all the furries for me.

My friend said Ewww! Joey cleaning litter boxes is romantic?! Yep, to me it is. I tried explaining it to her, but I guess it all depends on your perspective. Anyone else think I'm a bit strange for considering that romantic? lol

Karen
12-14-2002, 06:00 PM
Absolutely not. True romance is making the one you love happy! is it not? And if that means cleaning litter bixes, so be it!

Uabassoon
12-14-2002, 06:12 PM
I would think that's romantic. While litter boxes are gross, it was very romantic that he made you a bubble bath and gave you some time to relax while he did the dirty work.

Chinadoll
12-14-2002, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Karen
True romance is making the one you love happy!

Those were the words I was looking for earlier. You hit the nail on the head. lol My friends tell me I'll use 50 words for what could be said in 5. :p

Cookiebaker
12-14-2002, 08:40 PM
My definition of a romantic:

--someone who is understanding, even though he may not understand (there is a big difference)

--someone who is patient and caring even in my worst moments

--someone who says "I love you" at the end of every phone conversation--and means it everytime

--someone who won't go to sleep mad, but insists that it won't be a good night unless we work it out

--someone who makes me coffee in the morning because he knows I love it (even though he hates the stuff)

--someone who welcomes me home with a hug & kiss after a hard day at work

--someone who is completely faithful & trustworthy

--someone who you can confide anything and you know he will never tell anyone.

And all those things added up are my Mark! I am so blessed! He is my best friend ever...

So yes, what Joey did was thoughtful and caring in doing the messy work while you relaxed. And being thoughtful & caring is the essence of romance.