PDA

View Full Version : The Sochi stray dogs who found homes

Catty1
02-22-2014, 10:13 AM
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/photos/the-sochi-stray-dogs-who-found-homes-slideshow/

Karen
02-22-2014, 02:48 PM
It is nice that the Russians are setting up a shelter - step one, and maybe they will start getting the spay/neuter message out to the populace. Attention will soon turn from Sochi, but that at least is some good that can come out of it. And some of the dogs and pups are getting homes!

I know there will be people who object to saving dogs so far away when there are also dogs dying in shelters here for lack of homes, but am glad these athletes saw an immediate need and are addressing it.

Catty1
02-22-2014, 05:00 PM
I was sure I had posted this here - but maybe I didn't. Athletes for Animals: http://athletesforanimals.org/

Lady's Human
02-22-2014, 06:26 PM
Did anyone bother to find homes for the stray humans who were displaced to make room for the games? After all, they were the ones who owned the stray pets that the world is concerned about......

Karen
02-22-2014, 08:29 PM
Did anyone bother to find homes for the stray humans who were displaced to make room for the games? After all, they were the ones who owned the stray pets that the world is concerned about......

Kast I knew, Russia had banned all foreign adoptions ... and probably has them hidden away off the streets for these two weeks ...

Barbara
02-23-2014, 04:12 AM
I think it is very nice that the promise of the statue of liberty is also true for some of these doggies. It is good that prominent athletes take care of them- it focusses attention and it shows a good example.

phesina
02-23-2014, 07:09 AM
Isn't this wonderful?! Yes, there are stray animals here and in every land.. But a shelter has been built in Sochi, and some of those strays now have homes.

The situation has been publicized world-wide. Many people of Sochi, of Russia as a whole, and all around the world as a result of this have had their eyes, and their minds, opened regarding the plight of stray animals and the need for and effectiveness of spaying/neutering pets and TNR/shelter/adoption programs for lost and homeless animals.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Catty1
02-23-2014, 10:23 AM
Another woman there took 17 of the dogs into her home. Many Russians have hearts - just like us. Would be great to have some on PT! :D