PDA

View Full Version : Mortified

COCatMama
12-14-2002, 01:24 PM
The landlord came down to take a look at the leak in the bathroom (no notice, just knocked) and the place is a mess! I work f-t and I was out shopping for two hours last night so not much time to clean ya know? I think he even looked at the carpet!! there's a few bits of thread from Juneau's rope bone.....geeeeeez he also commented something about me spending alot of time on the net. Well it can't be that much time, if I am out of the house at least 9 hours M-F, can it?
Geeezzzz Oh and to top it off, I haven't had my shower yet, my hair is all over the place and I most likely don't smell too pretty....blah!!!!!!

lynnestankard
12-14-2002, 01:27 PM
Not sure of the legal situation over there Lalania - but I'm pretty sure your landlord cannot just walk into your apartment. He has to have your permission to come in. If you pay your rent on time and obey the rules - whatever you do i.e. being on the net, is not his business. Like I say not sure about USA law.

Lynne

COCatMama
12-14-2002, 01:31 PM
Technically they are supposed to give 24 hours notice unless I'm sure, it's an emergency, which it is not.
On the upswing, he DID say that Juneau has been VERY quiet, they hardly hear a peep out of him now!! YAY!!!

Tina
12-14-2002, 01:58 PM
*LOL* I had to read your post twice. At first I thought you said your landloard took a leak in your bathroom. Good thing I read it twice.

That is awful he didn't give you notice he was coming in to check the leak in your bathroom. Looks like he would have given you little bit of a notice.

iceyshiver21
12-14-2002, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Tina
*LOL* I had to read your post twice. At first I thought you said your landloard took a leak in your bathroom. Good thing I read it twice.

That is awful he didn't give you notice he was coming in to check the leak in your bathroom. Looks like he would have given you little bit of a notice.

At first i thought the same thing!!!! :)

toughCookie
12-14-2002, 03:57 PM
Im not a lawyer, but to actually evict someone would take very good reasons, and months before it actually went thru, right?
is our resident lawyer reading this?(my brother is also a lawyer)

so unless you are selling drugs or the health dept condemns your apt, (NOT that I think you would of course, just as an example)I would think you are ok. again, am I right?
so tell him to mind his own mon-fri business!:eek:

and just exactly how does he know what you do or how long you spend doing it? that is absolutely none of his business!
does you lease or rental agreement say he is allowed to just show up, or is he required to let you know whenhe will be there?
(you got me started on this, I used to live in an apt with a nosy landlord, and later in a condo complex that the assoc was bordering on Nazi-ism LOL) they were awful to people,telling kids they can't play here or ther, when there was no place to play, and one day an oldgrump came to my door to complain that my garage door was open. I toldhim off and slammed the front door:eek: (not one of my more tactful moments)

Chinadoll
12-14-2002, 06:09 PM
Oh my!! I know how you feel..sort of. I worry that one day the complex manager will stop by during the week when the place is usually a tad messy and also figures out that I have more pets than she knows of. I do minimal cleaning during the week...after work I'm generally to tired that once the pet chores are done...laundry, unloading the dish washer, vacuuming etc... is generally left for the weekend. While no one from the complex office is suppossed to come in unless it's an emergancy, I sure one of these days she'll drop in just to let me know something pertaining to the complex.

The complex allows pets...no limit. But when I moved in, their policy only covered cats and dogs for the pet deposit so I didn't have to pay it for the ferts. I'm sure she'd flip if she knew that I have not only a couple more ferts now but also 3 kitties. But, the worst that would happen would be I'd have to cough up the $500 pet deposit.

Anyway, hope all is ok.

Cataholic
12-15-2002, 10:47 AM
Hmmmm...in the US I think the general rule is 24 hour notice, unless it is an ER. But, how did he know of the leak? If you had called to tell him, and then he responded...well, what can you really expect. Water can do more damage than fire, as strange as that sounds. As to the rest, I would have just said, "Oh, my place is such a mess" . But, how does he know how much time you spend on the 'net? But, again, he is letting you have a larger sized dog, and what are your other options???

DogMania
12-15-2002, 11:11 AM
Wow, maybe he asks your provider or wahtever to send him the bill for all the "net" time. Thats illegal.

COCatMama
12-15-2002, 12:19 PM
oh the leak was there when I moved in, they keep checking to see if it's stopped. The bimbo that used to live here didn't tell them about it so it sorta rotted the wall :/. the landlords live right upstairs and I don't mind their daughter coming down to ask if Juneau can 'play' and stuff, not at all
but I resent the guy and his dad banging on the door at 11 am on a saturday, when I had only recently woken up and was ...dishevelled ;) also to my horrors I had erm gone tinkle at night and not flushed (too noisy) so they went near the toilet and there was pee in it
how embarassing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!