PDA

View Full Version : Big Game Thursday, #570!

RICHARD
01-30-2014, 10:41 AM
Time for the Big Game - I can't used the word Super Bowl, might get sued - but I think slushies, some brats and wienies, maybe a burger on the grill is in order.

Orc, Set up the buffet table.

Cole slaw, beans, wings and a cheese platter!

LOL, I think there is a fruit cake in the L&F that needs to be had....

-----------

The question of mustard or ketchup on a hotdog came up.

I say mustard on brats, ketchup on weinies?:eek:

-------

I have wanted to drink a beer for the last month, It's probably time.;)

Done?

Catty1
01-30-2014, 10:49 AM
Maybe call it the Souper Bowl?

And hey - it's still cold - so here's a dutch oven full of my home-meade turkey soup with fresh, not frozen, veggies cooked into it!

Lady's Human
01-30-2014, 12:08 PM
The Mayor will disagree, but IMHO, ketchup belongs on burgers, not dogs or sausages of any sort.

Would it be out of place to request a glass of vino? I know beer would be the normal accoutrement for brats and dogs, but I feel like a glass of Beaujolais nouveau.

cassiesmom
01-30-2014, 02:38 PM

Yum! Soup! I saw a recipe on line for chicken tortilla soup, which I've never tried making. It is snowing and blowing outside my window, a good day for soup.

smokey the elder
01-30-2014, 03:00 PM
Chicken tortilla soup is really good. We make it a lot. I like sweet relish on my brats (not a big fan of mustard.) Heretical, I know.:D

Lady's Human
01-30-2014, 03:36 PM

And hey - it's still cold - so here's a dutch oven full of my home-meade turkey soup with fresh, not frozen, veggies cooked into it!

Actually the Souper Bowl is a name many places use for food bank fund raisers. At our church we have a soup lunch occasionally with donations going to the food pantry.

Queen of Poop
01-30-2014, 06:50 PM
Need mustard and sauerkraut on the brats.
Mustard, ketsup and relish on the wieners.

Arctic air has returned so have the tea on.

Karen
01-31-2014, 08:55 PM
Oh, good - my mug is empty, thanks for having the tea ready! :) I got some biscotti, if anyone wants to share!

DJFyrewolf36
01-31-2014, 11:25 PM
Woohoo! I can't think of a better place to watch the game than here.

Being a life long Seahawks fan, I'm beyond tickled pink. :-D

RICHARD
02-03-2014, 11:25 AM
Wow, Last night during the game it snowed - we got about 4 inches!

Now it's time to refill some mugs and celebrate another season in the books.

--------------

I am still smiling at all the permutations on the 'What condiment goes on what" arguement.

They all are valid!

DONE!

Lady's Human
02-03-2014, 11:30 AM
No, they're not all valid, I'm right, the rest of the world is wrong.

:p

cassiesmom
02-04-2014, 03:08 PM
I was in the check-out line at the supermarket yesterday and I heard a man griping to the cashier about the national anthem being sung in languages other than English in the Coca-Cola commercial. I wanted to say that the national anthem was sung beautifully in English by Renee Fleming before the game started, and the song in the Coke commercial was America the Beautiful. I just kept quiet. The cashier was a young guy and I could tell that he was trying not to laugh. ... people ...

Karen
02-04-2014, 05:57 PM
I was in the check-out line at the supermarket yesterday and I heard a man griping to the cashier about the national anthem being sung in languages other than English in the Coca-Cola commercial. I wanted to say that the national anthem was sung beautifully in English by Renee Fleming before the game started, and the song in the Coke commercial was America the Beautiful. I just kept quiet. The cashier was a young guy and I could tell that he was trying not to laugh. ... people ...

At least you knew the cashier understood! I would have corrected the guy, and gotten into a discussion with him being my most smiling upbeat cheery self ... (I can do that - a skill inherited directly from my mother) and see if I could change his mind! And if I was truly feeling evil, would mention that his bringing it up meant more publicity for Cocoa Cola - did he mean to help them so much?

RICHARD
02-05-2014, 02:22 PM
No, they're not all valid, I'm right, the rest of the world is wrong.

:p

LOL, spicy or regular?

:D

More chocolate, coffee and tea.

DONE!

Pinot's Mom
02-05-2014, 05:07 PM

I KNEW there would be people commenting on that Coke commercial - I said it at the time. Ah well - clueless is as clueless does. ...and yes, the national anthem was beautiful. ;)

Lady's Human
02-05-2014, 05:36 PM
Corn chowder and biscuits, anyone?

Karen
02-06-2014, 12:39 AM
Yes - and corn chowder recipe, please! The right kinda weather for it!