PDA

View Full Version : Fund-raising help - A&E's teeth!

snakemama
01-28-2014, 11:09 PM
Hey, so if you're following the other thread, you saw that Annie and Emma both had a bunch of teeth removed today, and the total went over what we had for them by $979.16. I don't object to covering part of that myself, but I'm hoping to raise some or most of it back. My hubby is unemployed at the moment and my retail income isn't exactly what it could be. -_-

I am so thankful for Noah'sMommy putting together the Cat Art thread, and I'll see if I can come up with some things around my house to sell here or on craigslist or wherever. I am also asking, if anyone has even a few dollars to spare, if you would for A&E. My paypal address is [email protected], and if you include your name and address I'll send a thank you card with a pawprint from Annie (I don't think Emma would cooperate with such a thing). Anyone else who has donated and wants a card with a pawprint, please send me a PM here or email me at that address.

I'm open to other fund-raising suggestions as well!!

I love all of you, thank you for the help and loving words for these two wonderful kitties.

-Cathy, Emma, and Annie

Catty1
01-29-2014, 12:53 AM
One thing you can do - It was done as a fundraiser in our town several years ago - is set up a penny jar at the store. (If you have a friend that will set one up at their shop or etc, so much the better!).

You want to collect 100,000 pennies which will add up to $1,000.00! (hope I did the math right on that). Most people won't mind getting rid of a few pennies and they can add up quickly.;)

(Get the penny rollers which are already round...much easier).

I'll send a bit to PayPal also.

NoahsMommy
01-29-2014, 01:46 AM
Catty - the penny idea is excellent! Like you said, everyone is happy to get rid of their pennies. :D

1) Maybe you could make a few jars with a photo of the girls and small write-up. Then take them to any of the businesses, animal shelters, the vet office, schools, churches, local/family owned businesses, etc. I bet at least a few people would be OK with it. Catty is right, all we need is 100,000.

2) If we all on PT found all the pennies in our houses and cars and sent that amount via PayPal (depositing them into our accounts first, of course) to Cathy, it would add up. Or donate your current 'change bowl' to the cause. You know, that place you put all your change until you use it or cash it in.

3) I don't have kids, but maybe ask them to help w some fundraising project you could do together. A lemonade/cookie stand, washing cars or clearing sidewalks of snow. Something to earn some money to help.

4) Contact your local animals rescues and see if they have any fundraiser ideas that have worked for them. (And ask if you can leave a penny jar. ;) )

5) Try this website: http://www.youcaring.com/fundraising-animals-pets
It's a fundraising site where you set up a profile - creating a website for your cause - and people donate. With the sheer size of PT here and on FB (and then everyone's FB Friends we could pass this on to...) it really could reach a lot of people.

I'll keep brainstorming ideas. I like your Annie paw print idea, btw. Very cute!

Catty1
01-29-2014, 08:56 AM
Kelly, the one drawback to the penny idea is that the penny was abolished in Canada last year! But for a local idea I hope it works!

mrspunkysmom used GoFundMe for Sam's dental surgery. They do take a % but you can ask her how much that is. I know she was able to raise all she needed.

snakemama
01-29-2014, 11:10 AM
I love the penny jar idea, especially since we've done penny jars for Dogs for Diabetics before and each jar raised about $30 - $40 because people left more than just pennies in them! I'm poking around youcaring and go-fund-me right now. I also found a little treasure in Gini's bag of cat toys to post up tonight. :)

snakemama
01-29-2014, 11:41 AM
I set up a Youcaring page, please share on FB or email it around! I'll be doing the same! <3

http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fundraiser/annie-and-emma-s-tooth-fairy-fund/132402

Taz_Zoee
01-29-2014, 12:47 PM
I have been following the girls all along but have not made a donation yet. I get paid on Friday and if I have extra funds I will definitely donate this weekend. I don't have a paypal account, but I guess it's about time to set one up. I actually think I did set one up a long time ago, so I'll go figure it out.

Thank you for everything you're doing for them Cathy. You ROCK!! :D

phesina
01-29-2014, 02:53 PM
I just sent a small PayPal contribution. God bless you, Cathy and Annie and Emma!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: from Pat and cats

Catty1
01-29-2014, 03:02 PM
I set up a Youcaring page, please share on FB or email it around! I'll be doing the same! <3

http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fundraiser/annie-and-emma-s-tooth-fairy-fund/132402

Shared on PT on Facebook and on my timeline!

snakemama
01-29-2014, 11:31 PM
Phesina, I received your donation, thank you! And BIG thanks to everyone who shared it on FB, the Youcaring page has raised $150 just today! 0.0

snakemama
01-30-2014, 11:34 AM
Last night we received two more donations on YouCaring - thank you to Elyse and my BFF from fourth grade, Robin. :) I also see a Paypal gift from someone who has asked to remain anonymous. :) Thank you too!

zippy-kat
01-30-2014, 05:26 PM
I have a visa gift card that has a small amount on it. I will add it to the page later tonight and donate again when I get paid.

slick
01-30-2014, 09:07 PM
I just got a refund cheque from Jenny Craig for $194.00. That will go into my account on Friday, then I will send it via paypal to you Cathy. I also have a jar of change which I will roll up this weekend and cash in and that can go to you too. That won't be much but every penny (ooops, we won't have these..:p), I mean nickels and dimes count. As well, I'm trying to sell my bike on Craigslist. That will be contributed as well.

Also, I did send a money order to Kelly for the Cat Art, however, my bad, I sent it to the wrong street address. Since it's a money order in Kelly's name I assume that no one else can cash it. I checked with my bank and they won't put a stop payment for it until 30 days from purchase date which will be Feb 16th. Hopefully by them the house occupants will "return to sender" then I can make sure it goes to the correct address. So sorry.:(

zippy-kat
01-30-2014, 10:11 PM
Ok, the giftcard isn't going to work with the site (I wanted to empty it and the site won't allow change - only even amounts). I will donate another way but it won't be until the end of next week.

snakemama
02-02-2014, 12:27 PM
I received another gift from Slick last night! I am so touched by everyone's generosity, and I'm going to look for a way to pay it forward once hubby is employed. I'm about to go visit my sister, when I get back I'll hopefully have a petfinder profile written for them! <3

snakemama
02-02-2014, 10:58 PM
This evening I received a gift in the mail from Edwina's Secretary, thank you!! :love::love:

We've raised $715 out of $979 in just a few days. 0.0 Wow. Just....wow.

shais_mom
02-02-2014, 11:10 PM
This evening I received a gift in the mail from Edwina's Secretary, thank you!! :love::love:

We've raised $715 out of $979 in just a few days. 0.0 Wow. Just....wow.

that's amazing!

Karen
02-02-2014, 11:26 PM
that's amazing!

Yes, Pet Talk people are the best! :)

snakemama
02-04-2014, 12:00 AM
Grace - Your gift arrived today, thank you!! :love:

Grace
02-04-2014, 12:07 PM
Grace - Your gift arrived today, thank you!! :love:

You're very welcome :love:

NoahsMommy
02-06-2014, 11:41 AM
PTers are such an amazing 'breed'! So kind and generous!

Cathy - I heard back from Mike and he's said he would like to donate as well. Isn't that great? I'm just waiting to hear back...we decided to give it a little time to see how Gini's art added up as well as the money being sent to you. To get a more accurate total and see what the numbers are. So, I'll report back to him now - we're at $715?

snakemama
02-07-2014, 12:52 AM
Woah, I hadn't expected any reply from Mike, I think Kelly has magical powers of charisma when talking to people!

We're at $765. Tomorrow I'll be running out of wet food so I'll pick up some more, plus I'm doing booster FVRCPs and deworming Sunday since Annie did have at least one flea. (probably picked it up at the store, but better safe than sorry with worms - eeeeew)

Two people who were interested in getting to know them better backed out today, I'm feeling a bit discouraged, especially since they're both getting pretty tired of being cooped up. This weekend I'm going to make their petfinder profile into a flier to post at other stores and coffee shops in the area. I've had good luck posting foster kitties at bust Starbucks before, go figure. ^_^

NoahsMommy
02-09-2014, 02:24 PM
Cathy,

I'm so sorry those prospective homes didn't work out. You know, they just weren't meant to be. I know that doesn't help currently, but we have to keep the faith that the RIGHT home will come along for the girls at the perfect time. Maybe they need time to heal 100% and get even more comfy around other people. Posting up signs at Starbucks is an excellent idea! You may have already mentioned, but have any of your local rescue groups or vet allowed you to 'advertise' in their places too? If not, maybe they can also help?

What about posting a sign in your local senior center? Annie and Emma seem like they would be perfect for an older person or couple. What about your local rec center? Anywhere lots of people congregate…community pools, churches, parks, etc.

OK, so we're at $765, right? I'm composing an email to Mike right now and will let him know the total. I have a few questions:

1) How much do you normally spend on their food? How long does that amount (of money and food) last?
2) Do you foresee any other vet/dental/vaccine bills in the near future? Or are they finally all set - until vaccine time next year/3 years?
3) Other than food/litter, do you foresee any other ways they'll be needing money?

I've done some rough math and I figure that as soon as I send everyone's packages of Gini's Art, I'll be sending you (via PayPal) around $415 (this amount is donations [$470] less shipping supplies - boxes, tape and a lot of packing material so the art arrives safely). So this will get them out of a negative balance and leave them with $201. I'm not sure how long this will last.

I realized these figures will be off as you mentioned you needed more food, boosters and deworming/flea medication. But, at least you have this rough amount for the art to factor in. :)

Please let me know what you think. Thank you, Cathy! Thank you for all you're doing for Annie and Emma. You have a lot on your plate already, so taking this on I'm sure is A LOT of stress for you. (((((Cathy))))) I just know Gini is more appreciative that we can imagine. As Mike keeps telling me, you have a ton of "Animal Karma". :D (You totally do!)

And THANK YOU yet again to the angels here on PT. Wow!! I'll never, ever cease to be amazed by the kindness and generosity of spirit and resources here. If the world is looking for an example of how one should behave - they need to come to PT. I'm continually touched by the kind generosity I always find here. :love::love::love::love:

snakemama
02-09-2014, 03:11 PM
WOWZA! I'm meeting with a potential adopter tonight, so I'll let you know what happens. She sounds like a sweetheart from our phone conversation, and I'm excited to meet her.

I *just* bought 48 cans of food (24 days, I'm giving them two a day plus a little kibble, and they're both slowly losing...they were down about half a poind when we last weighed them) for $64.73. I would normally have gotten cheaper cans, but I wanted the softest food possible while they're getting used to life with fewer teeth, so I got super soft Merrick grain free cans this time around. My Friskies rep also donated a case of Friskies senior cans, which they seem to like a lot.

With any luck, the lady I'm meeting tonight will be as sweet as she sounded on the phone and will love them. I'm headed out in a few minutes to get their FVRCP boosters and dewormer, and tomorrow is their final re-check with the vet to make sure their mouths are healing as planned.

snakemama
02-09-2014, 03:15 PM
Everyone's kindness has been totally overwhelming and I want to say thank you all again! I'm not too good with words, and everyone's warm wishes and generosity leaves me a little more speechless than usual. :love:

The lady I'm meeting with this evening lives literally a few blocks away from me...I posted up a link to their petfinder page in my neighborhood on nextdoor.com, and I've gotten two very sweet replies from people there...I like the idea of using nextdoor because it's all people who live VERY close, and I like the idea of A&E being nearby.

Karen
02-09-2014, 04:40 PM
That would be awfully fun! You will have to tell whoever adopts them that there are quite literally people all over the world who love those girls, and will be grateful to them!

snakemama
02-09-2014, 08:25 PM
So...that went really well!! Two ladies came by to visit, and sat with A&E for over an hour. Initially the store was still open and the girls were a little nervous to come out because of all of the customers and my noisy employees being hiper and loud. >.< Once the store cleared out, I turned off some of the lights and put on some music, and they both showed off their charms.

Annie came out right away, plopped onto a lap, and settled in like she'd always been there. Emma had to be picked up out of the condo and placed into a lap, but once she was there she sat stiffly for a few minutes....then decided she was ok, and made herself comfortable. She was even purring!

Tomorrow they have their final re-check for their teeth, and afterward I'll be bringing them to the house. They will be doing a slow introduction to their two current kitties (who have lived peacefully with other cats before!) and as long as that goes well, I think they're home!

We talked for a long time, about good cat foods and being conservative with vaccines, and kitties we've known over the years. It felt like a conversation with friends, and they live literally a few blocks from me!

Karen
02-09-2014, 08:42 PM
So...that went really well!! Two ladies came by to visit, and sat with A&E for over an hour. Initially the store was still open and the girls were a little nervous to come out because of all of the customers and my noisy employees being hiper and loud. >.< Once the store cleared out, I turned off some of the lights and put on some music, and they both showed off their charms.

Annie came out right away, plopped onto a lap, and settled in like she'd always been there. Emma had to be picked up out of the condo and placed into a lap, but once she was there she sat stiffly for a few minutes....then decided she was ok, and made herself comfortable. She was even purring!

Tomorrow they have their final re-check for their teeth, and afterward I'll be bringing them to the house. They will be doing a slow introduction to their two current kitties (who have lived peacefully with other cats before!) and as long as that goes well, I think they're home!

We talked for a long time, about good cat foods and being conservative with vaccines, and kitties we've known over the years. It felt like a conversation with friends, and they live literally a few blocks from me!

How exciting, this would be so good!

mrspunkysmom
02-09-2014, 10:00 PM
AWesome and prayers for a good fit.

NoahsMommy
02-13-2014, 07:24 PM
How did the vet visit go? Have you also heard back from the woman that came to meet the girls? I so excited you have been able to get the girls so much exposure! You rock!!

If you can, pls let me know about any further costs the vet recommends and the amount it costs to 'care for' the girls per month. Mike is waiting on these answers and I think he wants to get their account settled and back in track. So once they do find a home, they have what they need (for good, other than maintenance) and you've been fully paid back. :) :)

Please advise. :D

snakemama
02-13-2014, 11:31 PM
OMG I'm sorry I didn't update this earlier, I got a gift from Killearn Kitties this morning! THANK YOU!!

Kelly, I brought them to the ladies who came to visit and things are going GREAT! I've been updating the other thread with pictures from their new family!

Karen
02-14-2014, 07:59 PM
So what is the balance? Is everything paid off now?

snakemama
02-15-2014, 12:49 AM
It is indeed! All of the loving PT'ers and the cat art thread have pulled it off! I finally sat down and did the math last night. :)

Catty1
02-15-2014, 10:41 AM
It is indeed! All of the loving PT'ers and the cat art thread have pulled it off! I finally sat down and did the math last night. :)

LIKE! :D:love: