PDA

View Full Version : today is the day!

primabella
12-14-2002, 07:39 AM
well, today at 1 we'll be at the breeders, picking up mickey. i'm really excited, but i wanna make sure i bring everything i need. we're going to bring the leash and collar (that darn bell :p), some blankets and a toy. my friend lent me a book about dogs and it said bringing a toy might help distract or relax the dog in the car. is there anything else i should bring? thanks :)

delidog
12-14-2002, 07:41 AM
Does He need to travel in a crate???????

Congratulations!!!!!!!
You've waited sosoooooooooooo long!!!!or so it seems!!!!!

Bring Lots Of {{{{{{{{{{HUGS!!!!!!!!}}}}}};) :)

primabella
12-14-2002, 07:45 AM
i have waited long, actually. in september my mother called the breeder to ask when her next sable litters where due and she told us in december. :eek: its been a long wait :D
thanks, but i don't have a travelling crate yet. i think my mom will be carrying him on her lap. (she's done this thousands of times, so i think she knows what she's doing..i think ;) :rolleyes: )

tatsxxx11
12-14-2002, 07:52 AM
Oh, what a happy day! Congratulations:) I think you've got everything you need for the trip "home!!" What a happy Christmas you and little Mickey will have!! We will all be looking forward to pics of the precious puppy!

KYS
12-14-2002, 09:01 AM
congratulations! How exciting for you.
Don't forget to bring some water and towels too.

Cookiebaker
12-14-2002, 09:35 AM
The CAMERA!!! 'because we want to see lots & lots of pictures!!! I am so excited for you. Aaaaaagh the clock is moving sooo slowly!!! :D

Tina
12-14-2002, 10:36 AM
Oh, What a very happy day!! Can't wait to see pictures of Mickey!!

trisha0503
12-14-2002, 11:28 AM
We're so excited to see TONS of pictures of Mickey! Good luck! :) :)

CountryWolf07
12-14-2002, 11:54 AM
YAY!! :) Take tons of pictures of Mickey!!

RockyRoad
12-14-2002, 12:05 PM
Well it's 1:05 now so I guess you are picking up Mickey now!! I can't wait to see more pictures!! He looks sooo cute in your sig!!:D

primabella
12-14-2002, 05:47 PM
thanks everyone :D
mickey is asleep in his cage now. whatta cutie :) the breeder let him out when we got there to let us see him and he was hopping around and sniffing at us. during the car ride home, he hardly moved and he's only barked once or twice. we played for about 20 minutes and then he stopped and realized that his brother and sister weren't there. he whined and went looking around and even outside. he got over that now though, but sometimes whines when he sees his reflection in the mirror. at first he thought it was another dog and started pawing at it :p he's peed about 4 times, most of those times in the house and pooped three. twice out and once inside. he loves jumping and he's jumped pretty high. maybe i'll put him in agility...:D he's a real joker. he'll sit down and push himself backwards without moving his back legs. he's also been chewing, but he listens when we tell him "no". the breeder said not to have anyone over for another 10 days, so i guess pictures will be later because it would be my cousin taking them. (she has a digital camera)

the breeder was also nice enough to give us some food and a bag of toys and treats. i love him already :D that's all for now :p

Uabassoon
12-14-2002, 05:50 PM
Congrats!! I'm happy to hear that you finally got Mickey. It seems like the wait was worth it.

kimlovescats
12-14-2002, 06:55 PM
Welcome to your new home, Mickey!!! We all are looking forward to seeing lots of pictures of you!!!

:D

tatsxxx11
12-14-2002, 07:31 PM
Congratulations to you both!!! I'm SO happy for you! Oh, the joys of puppyhood!:D We will be anxiously awaiting the "baby pics!":) I'm so envious!!! Welcome to your wonderful new world, sweet Mickey!!!

luckies4me
12-14-2002, 08:19 PM
Oh CONGRATS!:D That pup of yours is a cutie! I hope you both have lots of fun together!!!

primabella
12-14-2002, 08:52 PM

well, my cousin came over and took a dozen pics of mickey ;) her bf will send them to me via e-mail and i will post them up :D mickey's got this obsession with his reflection...that and cuddling up in our laps to sleep..:p so i hope you don't mind a few pics fo that.

ParNone
12-14-2002, 09:35 PM
Congrats prima! can't wait to see the pics!

delidog
12-14-2002, 11:29 PM
Pics???did someone say Puppy Pics??????? and Puppy Breath????this is all too much!!!!

Big Hugs for Mickey!!!

ownerof3dogs
12-14-2002, 11:50 PM
Congradulations!!!!!!!!! You are going to have much fun with Mickey. I can't wait to see pictures.

slleipnir
12-15-2002, 08:43 AM
Congrats!! Cant wait to see pics!!!