PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Sammy (and Star)

CavyMom
01-26-2014, 08:20 AM
Congratulations to beautiful and precious Sammy for being POTD. It is heartbreaking how many tragedies happen in the home. In 2005, I adopted 2 neglected, adorable, male GPs from a harried woman who had a household of various pets. Two days after I adopted them, her cat killed all her pets while she was at work (birds, ferret, hamsters). I will always keep dogs and cats in another room/away from my cages of my beloved, precious, rescued rodents and birds when I am gone from home. R.I.P. Sammy and Star; you will never be forgotten. :love: http://www.guineapigsrfun.net

mrspunkysmom
01-26-2014, 01:05 PM
Sammy and Star, I'm sorry to hear of your passing. Sadly these things happen, even when we try to prevent them. I know you are looking in on your family from the Bridge.

Chirp at the Bridge and Congrats on being name Pet of the Day!

tatsxxx11
01-26-2014, 01:13 PM
To Sammy and Star's young lady~ I remember so well that very sad day, Jan. 7th, when Karen posted your message, sharing with us the tragic passing of your beloved Budgies, Star and Sammy.:( Star had not long before been crowned Pet of the Day, http://petoftheday.com/archive/2012/October/11.html and so it was especially heart wrenching to hear of her and Sammy's untimely passing.:( Now Sammy and Star both can proudly claim Pet of the Day honors, though I only wish it were under different circumstances. And as special as that honor is, we know for you they were so, so much more. They were your Pet(s) of the Day, every day, your best friends. I can only imagine your heartbreak, sweetheart, your deep sense of loss, but hope you take some small measure of comfort knowing that each and every day of their lives Sammy and Star knew how completely loved they were. How lucky they were to have had a mom as caring and devoted as you. Fly high and free in the light of the Rainbow Bridge, precious Sammy and Star, and look down on your family and send them your love, until that happy day when you all are reunited.:love::love::love:

AvaJoy
01-26-2014, 04:49 PM
Darling Sammy & Star, I am so sorry for your departure from your devoted guardian. I had a parakeet named Hollie and also a newly adopted cat that one day got into her cage and killed her. I was so saddened. This was a few decades ago but I will always remember Hollie as I now you both will always be remembered. Happy POTD at RB and maybe you have met up with my Hollie . . . she was bright yellow and used to sit on my head.:)