PDA

View Full Version : American Idol New Season

Karen
01-20-2014, 09:15 AM
Is anyone watching the new season? What d you think of Harry Connick Jr. as a judge? I do love that he is musically articulate, and not above some self-deprecating humor!

Anyone have any favorites yet?

Taz_Zoee
01-20-2014, 09:34 AM
I knew I'd like this panel of judges. I wasn't let down! :)

My favorite has to be a local girl that tried out last season and was cut in Vegas (I think). Her name is Brianna Oakley from Antioch, CA.
We actually saw her perform about 5 or 6 years ago at an event hosted by the shelter I volunteer with. She was about 11 years old. And at that time I said.....that girl better try out for Idol in about 5 years!
I am good at remembering names and made sure to remember hers. :)

Karen
01-21-2014, 05:29 PM
So is anyone else watching this season? What do you think?

prechrswife
01-21-2014, 06:07 PM
I really like this judging panel, possibly even better than the original. It should be a good season. No favorites yet, since it is so early.

Karen
01-21-2014, 06:27 PM
I do so find HCJr so much more articulate than Randy or Simon Cowell! And no one had said "pitchy" yet! That always grated on my nerves. It's "off-pitch" folks, is that so hard to say? Okay "Off key!"

redbird
01-23-2014, 12:02 PM
I haven't been a fan of AI for a few years now. I do however watch it when there is absolutely nothing else on Last year was total mess with Mariah and that other one who I can't remember her name, suffice to say I didn't care for her much at all. Love Mariah tho.

Harry does seem to be more serious then the rest and he is strict too, I like that about him. Jo Lo is a terrible judge and just a little fluff on the panel. She cannot judge singers since she can't sing herself or act either. I never liked her and is one of the reasons I don't watch much.

Urban is adorable tho, just love his accent.

Karen
01-23-2014, 12:28 PM
I haven't been a fan of AI for a few years now. I do however watch it when there is absolutely nothing else on Last year was total mess with Mariah and that other one who I can't remember her name, suffice to say I didn't care for her much at all. Love Mariah tho.

Harry does seem to be more serious then the rest and he is strict too, I like that about him. Jo Lo is a terrible judge and just a little fluff on the panel. She cannot judge singers since she can't sing herself or act either. I never liked her and is one of the reasons I don't watch much.

Urban is adorable tho, just love his accent.

Yeah last year's other judge was Nikki Minaj - between she and Mariah, the posturing and preening was pretty awful! Cannot say I miss either of them.

Taz_Zoee
01-23-2014, 05:12 PM
Yeah last year's other judge was Nikki Minaj - between she and Mariah, the posturing and preening was pretty awful! Cannot say I miss either of them.

I sure don't miss either of them!! Ugh, they were so annoying!!! I love this panel..............A LOT!!

carole
01-27-2014, 09:27 PM
I love all three judges,i am a big fan of Jlo, harry is awesome and i LOVE LOVE keith, You know he was born in NZ., he is so cool and down to earth.Redbird come on down under you will hear many accents just like his, i think he is a mixture of kiwi and aussie, the aussies have claimed him now, but he came from here originally..

I will be missing idol as it is on a channel i cannot tape and watch other programmes, we have yet to get a system that does both, they cost too much, so i am a bit gutted as i love IDOL.,so i will just watch what i can.

Karen
01-27-2014, 10:00 PM
I love all three judges,i am a big fan of Jlo, harry is awesome and i LOVE LOVE keith, You know he was born in NZ., he is so cool and down to earth.Redbird come on down under you will hear many accents just like his, i think he is a mixture of kiwi and aussie, the aussies have claimed him now, but he came from here originally..

I will be missing idol as it is on a channel i cannot tape and watch other programmes, we have yet to get a system that does both, they cost too much, so i am a bit gutted as i love IDOL.,so i will just watch what i can.

Hmm, I wonder if it will be posted on the Internet somewhere, and you could watch episodes that way?

carole
01-27-2014, 11:00 PM
We do have a service tv on demand and I can watch things on my computer but unfortunately they changed the channel from tv 2 to prime for idol and it does not have that facility,I'm hoping they might repeat it on Saturdays,they do that with a lot of programjes ,they did X factor,I think I missed last weeks,forgot it was on grr.

Karen
02-14-2014, 09:11 PM
So is anyone watching? I thought the "telling the Top 30" this year was very drawn out, and designed for people who had not seen any of the show so far! We don't need a recap of every individual's story, it seemed like they were filling time, rather than making a compelling program, as none of the "so far" stories seemed to contain anything new ....

I know the Olympics are also on, but as much as I like this panel, I am ready, so ready to get on with actual new singing! I did think the "instant sing-offs" during the narrowing down were good, it really was telling in a couple cases.

carole
02-14-2014, 10:01 PM
I'm watching once a week,I agree Karen too drawn out,gets boring.

RobiLee
02-16-2014, 08:55 AM
I'm watching! I really like the judges and I agree about it being drawn out. I always think the drag out the early shows. I'm ready for the actual singing and contest to begin!

Karen
02-16-2014, 11:51 AM
I'm watching! I really like the judges and I agree about it being drawn out. I always think the drag out the early shows. I'm ready for the actual singing and contest to begin!

Thanks, Robilee and carpe - glad I am not alone!