PDA

View Full Version : Cabin Fever Thursday #568!

RICHARD
01-16-2014, 11:53 AM
I am freezing!!!!!

The weather report calls for 0/-0 temps in the next few days.

I am going to boil a huge pot of water for tea, coffee and chocolate.

------------------

Thank god for Microfleece, I just wonder about all the small sheep that have no coats!

DONE!

Karen
01-16-2014, 02:38 PM
And how about put a big kettle on for soup! Or chili? Still very grey and a bit warmer than normal here ...

DJFyrewolf36
01-17-2014, 05:53 AM
I think I'll just mope by the fire.

Lots of things have me pretty sad lately but then again lots of things have me pretty darn happy too.

I really just wish people would be nicer to each other.

*Pets kitty on lap and orders a tall drink*

Karen
01-17-2014, 12:51 PM
Aww, I am sure Angel pup will present you with a rope to play with, if that would cheer you up! Or just climb into your lap ...

RICHARD
01-17-2014, 10:45 PM
Hot water on the stove and a HBR is on the agenda.

DO NOT GET THE FLU THAT IS CIRCULATING. I have been sick for a week - I had a flu shot - and this was the most miserable I have been in a while. I really considered a trip to the ER.....:rolleyes:

Lady's Human
01-17-2014, 11:41 PM
Well, Gumbo is on the agenda as well. Whoever decided that winter could make a comeback should be dipped in peanut butter and locked in a room with Angel.

Does microfleece have any genetic relationship to naugahide?

Karen
01-18-2014, 11:31 AM
Well, Gumbo is on the agenda as well. Whoever decided that winter could make a comeback should be dipped in peanut butter and locked in a room with Angel.

But the snow is sooo pretty! And c'mon, it is January! You knew the warm temperatures were not going to last ... Hot cocoa with marshmallow fluff is definitely in order!

RICHARD
01-18-2014, 01:46 PM

Do you know how many 'naugas' that die to make one hide?

Gumbo sounds great, I'll boil more water and I think I'll make a loaf o bread......just to warm up the house.

DONE!

Karen
01-19-2014, 07:58 PM
Do you know how many 'naugas' that die to make one hide?

Gumbo sounds great, I'll boil more water and I think I'll make a loaf o bread......just to warm up the house.

DONE!

Sometimes a day just is made better by baking something - the whole place smells great, and feels warmer, more than just moving the thermostat would accomplish! Time for tea, anyone? And some of that leftover bread with jam? I have Lingonberry jam, apple butter and I think a little peach jam left ...

slick
01-19-2014, 11:57 PM
I was sick from a cold and flu for about 2 weeks right after Christmas. I would not wish that on anyone.

One Lemon Drop please. Yodee is sleeping in her basket by the fire and I'm all bundled up.

Karen
01-20-2014, 01:24 AM
I was sick from a cold and flu for about 2 weeks right after Christmas. I would not wish that on anyone.

One Lemon Drop please. Yodee is sleeping in her basket by the fire and I'm all bundled up.

Awww, what a cozy image. We will make sure Angel does not disturb Yodee - she might be curious, but Patch has taught Angel that kitties come with sharp things that hurt if disturbed!

Catty1
01-20-2014, 12:58 PM
Karen, my dad was away for some period of time a few years ago. When he returned and stretched out in his E-Z-Boy chair, the Siamese was right there on his tummy and Sandy, the Golden Retriever was excitedly nosing towards Dad's face.

As Dad said later, "Sandy found out that kitty has a pointy end!" :D

smokey the elder
01-21-2014, 10:39 AM
It's snowing (for a change...;)). I'll have coffee, please!

RICHARD
01-21-2014, 12:40 PM
Man,

Have had to deal with a broken pipe and flooded L&F and now the thermostat in the house seems to have gone haywire.....when it (rains), it pours?:(:rolleyes::eek:

-----------

Hot coffee, bread and butter......pound cake and date nut bread.

Done!!!!

RICHARD
01-21-2014, 12:41 PM

If it was the same thing I had?

One LD!

DONE!

slick
01-21-2014, 09:35 PM
Thanks for the LD Richard. I received and set up my palm tree in memory of Gini. Now all I need to do is hang lemons from it. :D:cool:

A cold night in KA-NA-DA. I think something warm is in the cards. How about a Spanish Coffee? Yeah, that will do it.

Lady's Human
01-22-2014, 03:07 PM
We've got coffee......

-16F on the way to work last night, and ice fog. Joy. SHould've stayed by the fireplace with the pup.

Karen
01-22-2014, 04:59 PM
What would the title for the opposite of Cabin Fever be? Cabin Longing?

cassiesmom
01-22-2014, 06:33 PM
What would the title for the opposite of Cabin Fever be? Cabin Longing?

Karen, I can't resist this! The opposite of cabin fever - would that be cabin normothermia? :rolleyes: LH, what is ice fog? I'm just drinking tea because it's cold outside (yep, again).

Lady's Human
01-22-2014, 11:21 PM
Ice fog is nasty...little ice crystals floating around like tiny, tiny snowflakes. You almost don't notice the stuff, but the effects are as bad as black ice, and black ice doesn't melt on the windshield.

I was driving in to work last night in sub -20F, and felt the car getting squirrely, but there was nothing visibly wrong until I flipped on the high beams for a second and saw the ice in the air.