PDA

View Full Version : Snow!!!!

Karen
01-02-2014, 06:01 PM
We are about in the middle of a 2-day snow, already shoveled about 5-6 inches a few hours ago, then Paul his some, and more is yet to come - much more.

It is lovely and quiet, and we knew to take the forecast seriously when some of the juncos - whose very nickname is "snowbirds" were shelter close to the apartment, as far under the porch upstairs and out of the wind as they could manage. We put a plate of birdseed right outside the sliding glass doors and it was very very popular all afternoon - usually they would prefer to be out under the little tree, but not today!

How is it where you are?

I got a chuckle out of the news report breathlessly proclaiming this "The first major storm of 2014" - uh, yeah, folks, it's only January 2nd, it's not like there's been much of 2014 yet!

Taz_Zoee
01-02-2014, 06:18 PM
I saw some old snow while I was up in Tahoe. Otherwise, it's all sunny here in California. :D

phesina
01-02-2014, 06:27 PM
It's FREEEEEEZING here!

Can I come stay with you, Cindy?

cassiesmom
01-02-2014, 06:32 PM
(sarcasm alert) The snow has a name around here. Winter storm Hercules. I liked Hercules better as a Disney character :p We're at 8 inches of snow, and counting. Probably more snow up north, closer to Wisconsin.

Karen
01-02-2014, 06:34 PM
(sarcasm alert) The snow has a name around here. Winter storm Hercules. I liked Hercules better as a Disney character :p

But said Disney character would have teeth chattering so hard they'd break in this weather - sandals and a mini-length sleeveless toga! ;)

david p
01-02-2014, 06:37 PM
Karen, I'm afraid I'm pushing all the SNOW your way!!

Alysser
01-02-2014, 06:38 PM
My photography shoot with some Snowy Owls got cancelled once again for tomorrow :( No way I can make it to the Wildlife Refuge in this weather. Needless to say, no I am not happy about this storm.

Karen
01-02-2014, 06:56 PM
My photography shoot with some Snowy Owls got cancelled once again for tomorrow :( No way I can make it to the Wildlife Refuge in this weather. Needless to say, no I am not happy about this storm.

But I bet the Snowy Owls are happy!

And David, I'll take it! :D

Lady's Human
01-02-2014, 07:09 PM
My most sincere thanks to our idiot-in-chief, Gov. Cuomo.

By his direction yesterday, plows were moved from the Southern Tier of NY (which is getting hammered as we speak) to Long Island.

Karen
01-02-2014, 07:21 PM
My most sincere thanks to our idiot-in-chief, Gov. Cuomo.

By his direction yesterday, plows were moved from the Southern Tier of NY (which is getting hammered as we speak) to Long Island.

Let me guess - he lives there, so that's all that matters ... idiot-in-chief indeed! Does he have any idea that many people who pay his salary live beyond the borders of Long Island? Hello?

Taz_Zoee
01-02-2014, 08:50 PM
It's FREEEEEEZING here!

Can I come stay with you, Cindy?

Sure! Come on over. :)

Karen
01-02-2014, 09:15 PM
Just had to say, for those who do not know me that well - big storms make me positively giddy!

Grace
01-02-2014, 10:50 PM
It snowed here from New Years Eve until this morning - if any of you watched the Winter Classic Hockey Game yesterday afternoon, you saw it :)

Now it's below zero - and expected to stay that way for several days.

phesina
01-03-2014, 05:51 AM
Sure! Come on over. :)

Okay, the cats and I are on the next plane out!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

cloverfdx
01-03-2014, 06:05 AM
Photos please? :D.

Freedom
01-03-2014, 07:12 AM
Big story here is the COLD! We have about 7 inches of snow, it has stopped coming down. Temp is 7, wind chill is minus 11!! Frostbite in 5 minutes for exposed skin. So all skin must be covered as we clear snow. Cold continues through Saturday and then Sunday? Going to hit 45!!!

I had to fill my bird feeders 3 times daily for the past few days. This morning, the birds aren't even trying to use it, they are remaining down on the ground -- the feeders are swinging so plenty of seed is dropping. Still, the little chickadees, juncos and sparrows take a roll now and then in a big wind gust. I'll be sure to keep the seed available out there for them. Chickadees will each more than 4 times their body weight in 24 hours in this cold. Also have one cardinal pair out there.

The dogs peered out the door, I had to push them out. They took no more than 4 steps, peed, turned and RAN back in. Now they are all asleep. Gonna be that sort of day. Making a beef stew. And, just for you Karen: I am making my first beef stew of 2014!!!! :D

redbird
01-03-2014, 09:13 AM
We were told we would get 6 to 10" of snow and it looks like we got the lesser amount. It's still a lot of snow to me. I don't mind the cold of winter but I don't like snow and ice, since I have very weak legs, those things scare me.

Taz_Zoee
01-03-2014, 09:31 AM
Okay, the cats and I are on the next plane out!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Hope they don't mind dogs, I'll have 3 of them! LOL ;)

phesina
01-03-2014, 11:42 AM
They'll work it out.. they say!

momcat
01-03-2014, 01:54 PM
Just had to say, for those who do not know me that well - big storms make me positively giddy!

Here in Trenton we have about 8" of the white stuff with the temperature at a balmy 17 degrees and the wind chill making it feel like 2 degrees below zero. Karen, I love storms too. My favorite thing to do during a storm is to get under my headphones and write a letter to a friend. I'm a big winter lover and can't wait to get outside for a bit. The weather reports are saying another storm is brewing for Monday after temps in the 40's on Sunday.

Karen
01-03-2014, 02:11 PM
I took a little video of the wild bird ballet at the seed plate, but it isn't really good enough to share, sadly! I dare not get to close, so it is on the other side of the vertical blinds ... Maybe will get some photos later or tomorrow! It is hard to tell how much we got, as there was so much wind there was a lot of drifting for most of yesterday!

Grace
01-03-2014, 02:59 PM
Just saw the forecast for the weekend here in Michigan - snow - lots of snow. 6 - 12 inches from Saturday night to Sunday night. Then the frigid temps come back.

Karen
01-03-2014, 03:43 PM
The wild birds dance
An ever-changing ballet outside my door
Wheeling and twirling down
Silhouette against the snow as they approach
and never ceasing, rotating in and out,
Silently urgently hoping in and back
The paper plate of birdseed I set out
Their focus, their turning point
Juncos, sparrows, cardinals and
Even the titmouse who prefers to stay up in tree branches
Makes a fleeting, whirling presence
Like a cameo ballet appearance
Before it flees to the relative shelter
Of the hedges on the wall above.

Digi
01-03-2014, 04:54 PM
We have about 6" or so of snow, lots of ice, and the temp was a lovely -25C (-13F) with a windchill of -35C (-31F).

cassiesmom
01-03-2014, 06:01 PM
More snow tomorrow and Sunday. Temps dropping into the single digits F on Sunday, below zero on Monday and single digits again Tuesday. Then later in the week into the 20s with more snow in the preliminary forecast.

Bonny
01-03-2014, 09:11 PM
It didn't feel to bad at -5 the other day but today the wind was gusting at 25 mph & it made for a sour cold day outside. The snow was blowing & drifting it looks like there are snow waves out in the fields. Maybe I'll put on my snowshoes & go out & catch a snow drift or two. :D

Karen
01-04-2014, 01:01 PM
You know it was cold last night (actually got down to -4 here) when 23F almost feels warm!

Grace
01-05-2014, 09:11 AM
4" overnight - another 6-8 expected before it ends tonight. The deep freeze arrives tomorrow.

Minnesota Governor announced on Friday that all schools in the state would be closed on Monday due to the temps. I'm thinking schools in our area will be closed Monday due to snow, and Tuesday (maybe Wednesday) due to sub-zero temps.

smokey the elder
01-06-2014, 09:30 AM
Friday it was really cold when I was digging out. The wind was the worst!

*LabLoverKEB*
01-07-2014, 08:38 AM
Cindy and I are warm and toasty here in CA! Lol but I do LOOOOOVE the snow and cold weather!! Anyone who wants to trade just let me know! :D

phesina
01-07-2014, 09:34 AM
The cats and I will be on the next flight out (assuming any are getting out, since a lot aren't)!

You can come to Ann Arbor, where the temp is currently 0 to -4 F (wind chill down to around 41 below).

Karen
01-18-2014, 11:09 AM
So the forecasters were only off by 12 hours - they said we were supposed to get maybe some snow flurries or a dusting overnight, but about 20 minutes ago, all of sudden the snow came pouring down, huge flakes looking lovely agains the green and brown grass and mud where everything had melted!

Already a coating is down, and it's still coming - makes everything look much prettier!

Karen
01-18-2014, 12:02 PM
It's still snowing!

A rush of snow falls
Making lace of bare branches
And lightening hearts

;)

Asiel
01-18-2014, 07:04 PM
It's been snowing here for the last 2 days and still is. We have so much snow I think it won't melt till June. It's above the knee plus some and we're getting snow most of next week. It's been so mild lately, we even had -1C yesterday The deep freeze is returning tomorrow with a low of -27C, then it will get colder as the week wears on. Fun winter--NOT.

momcat
01-18-2014, 07:14 PM
Asiel and Karen,
Snow? I am insanely jealous - love the stuff! If you don't want it would you send some to Trenton?

Karen
01-18-2014, 09:33 PM
Asiel and Karen,
Snow? I am insanely jealous - love the stuff! If you don't want it would you send some to Trenton?

I love it, every bit of it, but I bet Asiel would gladly send you some of hers!

Asiel
01-19-2014, 08:30 PM
Asiel and Karen,

Just send me your address and I'll have huge refrigerated transports hauling all our snow to your door:D
I just don't understand anyone wanting this stuff. A few inches isn't bad but we're getting buried alive. We've had to snowblow a path for the dogs to go potty 3X today.
Right now we never know if we're hearing snowblowers of ski-doos. And the driving is horrid, they haven't cleared any roads yet, waiting for the snow to stop but it sure makes it slick if you happen to let your foot get too heavy on the gas pedal. Even our highways were bad, not much use clearing them since they were filling up right away.

Okay-- snow on the way to your doorstep:eek:

cassiesmom
01-19-2014, 11:47 PM
I heard on the news today that an average winter in Chicago is 38 inches of snow. We have had 40 inches so far and it's only mid-January! I'm just tired of the cycles - snow, cold, few days of milder weather. Snow, cold. Repeat.

momcat
01-20-2014, 09:01 AM
This morning's weather report says temperatures will take a nosedive tomorrow with this next polar vortex coming and along with that we'll be getting some snow. They're not saying how much though. The snow shovel and salt are ready to go.

smokey the elder
01-21-2014, 10:41 AM
Trenton is going to get walloped!

Karen
01-21-2014, 10:50 AM
I am trying not to get my hopes up, which I am sure is the opposite of most folks! ;)

redbird
01-21-2014, 11:29 AM
Today NJ is getting hammered pretty bad. We may get up to a foot of snow, hopefully they are wrong. There was a couple of inches on the ground by around 9:30 this morning and of course it's still coming down two hours later. This could go all day long.

I called my library when it opened at 9:30 to make sure they would be open and they were so I ran out cuz I was out of books and I can't be without a book to read :( I now am a happy camper with 3 books and will read happily thru this snowstorm.

momcat
01-21-2014, 01:01 PM
Trenton is going to get walloped!

It started snowing around mid-morning here in Trenton and it's still coming down fast & furious. Amigo is curled up on my lap purring contentedly, there's a fresh pot of coffee, a quiet do nothing kind of day. The latest weather reports are now saying we could get 14" before the snow ends tomorrow morning but the amount of snow expected has been increasing throughout the day. I am loving this and can't wait to get outside!

Karen
01-21-2014, 02:39 PM
The snow has not yet started, but the juncos have been busy eating up any seed left before the storm comes!

Karen
01-21-2014, 05:27 PM
The snow has commenced
Traffic, therefore is stopped, red
Taillights everywhere

I am thankful and
Take the long way around the
Snow hushed reservoir

Inside the warm car
I watch as sky and ice blend
Into pale silence

chocolatepuppy
01-25-2014, 07:26 AM
So I move from the 'how cold is it' thread to the 'snow' thread. ;) Warming up to a blissful 20*F so now bring on the snow! Up to 6" before it's over. So far it's dry snow and I have snow broomed my drive clear first thing when I took the pups out. Jake enjoyed playing ball first thing in the snow. Better than yesterday morning when I had to grab him and carry him in the house due to his back feet freezing up.:(

david p
01-25-2014, 08:17 AM
Here in Cabot, Pa there is about 4" of this white stuff on the ground and it's still snowing.

Karen
01-25-2014, 08:38 PM
Snow again - it actually was above freezing today, in the afternoon, but after the sun set the temperature dropped, and we now have "tracking snow" - what forecasters call "a dusting."

lizbud
01-26-2014, 01:16 PM
Better than yesterday morning when I had to grab him and carry him in the house due to his back feet freezing up.:(

That is happening to Smokey quite a lot lately.:( It bothers him a lot more than Maggie. She doesn't seem to mind the cold/snow on her feet. I have to wait
at the door & be ready to let Smokey back in before his feet freeze up. I guess it's the wind chill factor that makes this season feel colder.

I'd get Smokey some booties if I though he'd wear them. Have you ever seen a dog try boots for the first time? :D

chocolatepuppy
01-26-2014, 03:39 PM
That is happening to Smokey quite a lot lately.:( It bothers him a lot more than Maggie. She doesn't seem to mind the cold/snow on her feet. I have to wait
at the door & be ready to let Smokey back in before his feet freeze up. I guess it's the wind chill factor that makes this season feel colder.

I'd get Smokey some booties if I though he'd wear them. Have you ever seen a dog try boots for the first time? :D

My RB Lacey was really bad for freezing feet! At least I can carry Jake if I have to! He weighs 38#. I believe it was -4* that morning.

As for snow, we have at least six inches on the ground. Seems to have stopped for now.

cassiesmom
01-30-2014, 02:36 PM
Winter storm Maximus is supposed to bring us up to 6 inches of snow by Sunday night. I am tired of winter!

cassiesmom
02-01-2014, 11:50 PM
Maximus left us with 4 inches of fresh snow today. It is not supposed to snow tomorrow or Monday, but Tuesday night into Wednesday we could get anywhere between 4 and 8 inches more.

Karen
02-02-2014, 02:16 AM
We still have snowbanks in some places, and about half the ground is bare in the back yard, but after tomorrow's warm temps we are predicted to maybe get some more snow!

Karen
02-03-2014, 10:19 AM
It;'s snowing! Quite unexpectedly! I am happy!

momcat
02-03-2014, 11:03 AM
It;'s snowing! Quite unexpectedly! I am happy!

It has been snowing here all morning and coming down like it means business. Here in Trenton we could get up to 12" before the snow moves out later this afternoon. This is the first of 3 storms heading our way. Tomorrow we'll be getting freezing rain into Wednesday morning with the third storm expected to hit over the weekend.

I'm happy about the snow too, Karen. I don't ever remember a winter like this.

Lady's Human
02-04-2014, 10:45 AM
Karen, you can turn down the volume on the snow requests......12-14" due in tonight.:rolleyes:

Karen
02-04-2014, 06:02 PM
But do I have to? You know part of me is steeling myself for disappointment, in case we only get 4 inches, like the last time they predicted this much for me!

chocolatepuppy
02-04-2014, 06:30 PM
We're expecting a lot of snow in NE Ohio overnight and into tomorrow.

lizbud
02-05-2014, 11:29 AM
We're expecting a lot of snow in NE Ohio overnight and into tomorrow.

Yep, we got it too.:) Indy had about 7-8 inches of new snow. With the blowing & drifting, we have some pretty nice drifts
in the back yard. Smokey is ok to go out to do his business, but Maggie has to sit in the snow. Poor baby. :( :):)

I should have know it was coming because I just got the back sidewalk cleared down to the concrete the day before yesterday.

Karen
02-05-2014, 11:49 AM
Still snowing here, with more to come, not much wind with this one, so I should be able to get a good measurement of how much we got this time when it is over!

chocolatepuppy
02-09-2014, 01:33 PM
I love snow, but come on! lol!:D :p

momcat
02-09-2014, 03:18 PM
We're due to get a few more inches of the white stuff starting this afternoon into tomorrow morning. Keep it coming!!!!!

chocolatepuppy
02-09-2014, 04:01 PM
We're due to get a few more inches of the white stuff starting this afternoon into tomorrow morning. Keep it coming!!!!!
We were supposed to get 1-3" today. I think it was more. Think I'll measure how much is out there when I take the pups out.;)

Karen
02-09-2014, 04:42 PM
That;d be fun! Many storms I end up with no idea how much we actually get because of where I am, the wind and drifting!

chocolatepuppy
02-09-2014, 04:57 PM
I measured 8" of snow. That's not all from today. Now that it's stopped and my driveway is clear I still love snow!:cool:

Lady's Human
02-10-2014, 01:40 PM
Enough with the snow already. I shoveled 3" of lake effects "flurries" from the driveway this morning. A very thin furred puppy is have to deal with the indignity of piddling in areas where the snow touches the belly!

Karen
02-10-2014, 01:41 PM
Enough with the snow already. I shoveled 3" of lake effects "flurries" from the driveway this morning. A very thin furred puppy is have to deal with the indignity of piddling in areas where the snow touches the belly!

And I am guessing she still is not wanting to wear her coat? ;)

Lady's Human
02-10-2014, 01:46 PM
Coat goes over the head, hence the coat is the embodiment of all things evil in the world. I'm surprised it hasn't been shredded.

Karen
02-10-2014, 02:00 PM
Coat goes over the head, hence the coat is the embodiment of all things evil in the world. I'm surprised it hasn't been shredded.

Oh, Angel! A coat will keep you WARM, silly pup!

cassiesmom
02-10-2014, 03:11 PM
It looks like we're going to have 3 consecutive snow-free days - yesterday, today and tomorrow. Possible flurries to accumulation on Wednesday because it's supposed to be in the 20s. But I'll take three days with no new snow. I also noticed that the daylight is getting longer, the sun is setting after 5 PM. Spring is going to be here eventually :)

Angel pup, pretty soon the weather will be better and you'll be able to go outside without your overcoat.

momcat
02-10-2014, 08:42 PM
Another big storm is on the way due to arrive sometime on Wednesday. Weather reports are saying three systems are coming together and we're looking for 10" to 12" of beautiful snow depending on how it tracks. The amount of accumulation could change though, I hope they mean it could be more. This has been a winter lover's dream come true! Spring - go somewhere else, you're not wanted.

cassiesmom
02-12-2014, 10:03 PM
Looks like winter storm Pax is going to leave Chicagoland alone. Fine with me; we've had more than enough snow and cold around here this winter. But please be safe, everybody out east!

Karen
02-12-2014, 10:08 PM
Thanks, already done everything we need to to prep for the storm's arrival, and we'll see what mix of snow, rain ice and slush we actually end up getting. It is always dicey in the hills just west of Boston!

Karen
02-13-2014, 01:20 PM
It is snowing so hard here that if I took my glasses off it would look like it is foggy out! We will see if and when it changes to rain, I am North and West of Boston and up on a hill, so it is impossible to tell which of the forecasters will be right!

Karen
02-13-2014, 05:45 PM
Okay, about an hour ago it turned to sleet just as I went our to shovel and then rain. I got so wet I had to change clothes when I got inside! Time to get some water going for a new cup of tea, while my toes regain feeling!

lizbud
02-14-2014, 07:02 PM
Another 5+ inches of snow today. OK. I give up already. Only saving grace is seeing Smokey playing outside like a puppy again.:)

chocolatepuppy
02-14-2014, 07:31 PM
Snow predicted for days. No mention of how much but a little every day will add up.

cassiesmom
02-14-2014, 08:42 PM
Snow predicted for days. No mention of how much but a little every day will add up.

Oh boy, I've been there this winter. Chicago managed to miss a storm for once. Only two inches of snow forecast for us tomorrow. Then up in the 30s Monday and Tuesday with melting, rain and/or freezing rain. (((HUGS))) Layla, Jake and kitties!

Karen
02-14-2014, 08:56 PM
Today was a melting day, which just meant water dripping from the roofs onto the sidewalk I cleared multiple times, which is now black ice. The next storm is due tomorrow evening into Sunday, and the forecasters are wildly different depending on which station you listen to - but Sandra on the Cape is likely gong to get a foot of snow, and we'll get somewhere between an inch to a foot! ;)

chocolatepuppy
02-15-2014, 07:42 AM
Oh boy, I've been there this winter. Chicago managed to miss a storm for once. Only two inches of snow forecast for us tomorrow. Then up in the 30s Monday and Tuesday with melting, rain and/or freezing rain. (((HUGS))) Layla, Jake and kitties!

Elyse, at least the dogs love playing in the snow and so do I.:cool:

It's here!!!:D

Karen
02-15-2014, 07:29 PM
Snowing heavily here again! It was fairly light all afternoon, now getting more serious about it. We'll see if they end up canceling church tomorrow or not!

cassiesmom
02-16-2014, 11:12 PM
Potential for 3 to 5 inches of snow tomorrow, could make both the morning and evening rush periods messy. Temps in the 30s Tuesday and Wednesday, though.

chocolatepuppy
02-17-2014, 05:19 AM
Potential for 3 to 5 inches of snow tomorrow, could make both the morning and evening rush periods messy. Temps in the 30s Tuesday and Wednesday, though.

Just seeing chance of 2-4" tonight! We need more, right?:D

cassiesmom
02-18-2014, 01:00 AM

We added 5 inches of fresh snow today. The official Chicago total is now 67 inches, making it the fifth snowiest winter since they started keeping records. Old Man Winter, I've had quite enough from you.

Lady's Human
02-18-2014, 07:31 AM
Okay, to quote my father, the weather forecasters need to take off their skirts and have a reality check.

I've heard for a few days that there was another "major" storm inbound....

Guys, 4" of snow in upstate NY is a dusting. The national news has been treating a storm that dumped 3-6" in Minneapolis as a major event. Stop the hype, it's winter, deal with it. We get lake effects flurries that dump more snow on the ground.

smokey the elder
02-18-2014, 10:51 AM
We have had snow 8 out of the 16 days since the Super Bowl, and about 2 feet in the last week. The biggest problem is the ice; on 2/3 we had 8 inches of snow then ice on top; then on 2/13 we had about 11 inches of snow, then sleet and rain, then another 8 inches. Because you can't find salt for love or money I've been manually chipping ice off 300 feet of sidewalks grr. It can't warm up soon enough.

Karen
02-18-2014, 04:14 PM
Just got in from shoveling round 2 - Paul did spoke for round one. But the snow consistency has changed back to powder from snowman snow, and the snowball I was building on the hood of the car from roof and window snow, intending to make something out of it, slid off and became just more to shovel, and now it is, as I said, changed back to powder, so not stick enough for building purposes!

It is still snowing, of course! Sat warm and safe everyone!

chocolatepuppy
02-18-2014, 07:23 PM
http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/attachment.php?attachmentid=57874&d=1392772676
If I have to clear the driveway one more time!:rolleyes: At least I got some help today from a kind neighbor!:)
http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/attachment.php?attachmentid=57875&d=1392773286
The other half of the driveway.

chocolatepuppy
03-10-2014, 06:39 PM
It's in the 50's today and Tuesday but here we go again...:D

Wed Mar 12

Rain / Snow / Wind

34° high 3° low

Chance of precip:100% Snowfall4-6 in

Wind:N at 30 mph

Karen
03-10-2014, 06:51 PM
Wed Mar 12

Rain / Snow / Wind

34° high 3° low

Chance of precip:100% Snowfall4-6 in

Wind:N at 30 mph

Yeah - you are supposed to get snow, they are waffling whether we will get snow or rain, or both or nothing! It depends on what source you check what the outcome is predicted to be - isn't New England weather fun?

chocolatepuppy
03-11-2014, 05:27 AM
Well Karen, I'm glad they can't make up their mind, as this sounds little better! ;)

Wed Mar 12

Rain / Snow / Wind

37° high 7° low

Rain / Snow / Wind

Chance of precip:100% Snowfall 2-4 in

Wind:NNE at 27 mph

Karen
03-12-2014, 02:07 PM
Just grey yuckiness here today, no snow for me yet ... maybe tomorrow?

(okay - honest to goodness, when I typed 'yuckiness' the autocorrect changed it to luckiness - NOT the same!)

Grace
03-12-2014, 02:34 PM
There will be NO Spring this year!!!

We have at least 8 inches of NEW snow today. It's blowing and drifting - just miserable out there :(

Karen
03-12-2014, 02:39 PM
There will be NO Spring this year!!!

We have at least 8 inches of NEW snow today. It's blowing and drifting - just miserable out there :(

I am so jealous! Right now, the snowbanks are looking old and sad, and all the sand that has been thrown down is sitting on top, so they are grey rather than white.

phesina
03-12-2014, 03:28 PM
I hate this, I HATE THIS, IT HATE THIS!!!

Today has been the worst yet. From the middle of the night until about half an hour ago. More snow, and it's heavy wet snow, and wind blows it all over the place.

I really don't give a flying f*** how pretty it might get. If I want to see pretty snow, I can just go on-line.

Spring, and I mean spring WEATHER, can't come soon enough for me! (And very likely, it won't, the TV weatherman says.)

:mad::(:mad::mad:

cassiesmom
03-12-2014, 03:33 PM
I am so jealous! Right now, the snowbanks are looking old and sad, and all the sand that has been thrown down is sitting on top, so they are grey rather than white.

Karen, I'll be happy to send you some. We have 4 fresh inches of the wet, heavy stuff that's a nightmare to shovel. I had to dig my car out again today. I'm just weary of winter. Especially after the mild day we had earlier in the week - and now it's back to boots, gloves, a scarf and having to leave the house 20 minutes early to clear off my car. Ughhh.

Karen
03-13-2014, 08:22 AM
Yay!

The world is covered in white again as pretty snow's falling down!
White edges lace branches and graces the stone walls and covers the dreary brown
While others are weary of winter so dreary it lightens my heart every time
Forgive me my glee please, I know it's a mean tease, but snowfall makes me rhyme!

momcat
03-13-2014, 02:20 PM
Yay!

The world is covered in white again as pretty snow's falling down!
White edges lace branches and graces the stone walls and covers the dreary brown
While others are weary of winter so dreary it lightens my heart every time
Forgive me my glee please, I know it's a mean tease, but snowfall makes me rhyme!

I'm definitely with you about snow, Karen. I'd love nothing more than for it to snow on my birthday (I say that every year) in spite of the fact it's in June. Word around here is we just might get a white St. Patrick's Day! I sure hope so - maybe it will scare that dreaded spring away.