PDA

View Full Version : Thursdays #566 ... New beginnings

cassiesmom
01-02-2014, 03:25 PM
Thursday, January 2 ... January is named for Janus, the Roman god of beginnings and transitions. So, here's a toast (I'm drinking tea) to a new year, with endless gratitude for all of the Pet Talk people, cats, dogs and pets! Cheers!

Karen
01-02-2014, 06:07 PM
"A toast! Raise your marshmallow stick!" to quote Dr. Seuss!

I am finishing a cup of cinnamon theoretically mocha coffee - which is not very mocha at all, so I adulterated it with cinnamon, sugar and dry milk powder until it was yummy ... definitely hot cocoa weather outside at the moment, see Snow!!!! (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?184755-Snow!!!!)

RICHARD
01-03-2014, 04:19 PM
Wow,

Having the hiolidays fall during the week really throw me off.

In my reptile brain, I see football and think it's SUNDAY!

---------

Orc, stoke up the fire, I think there are going to be some cold thirsty people showing up.

Hot drinks for everyone and Happy New Year!

slick
01-03-2014, 06:28 PM
Man, am I glad to see the back side of 2013. No matter what 2014 brings me, I will choose to have a positive attitude.

Barkeep, could I please have a double Bloody Mary with a couple of garlic stuffed olives?

Happy New Year everyone!

Lady's Human
01-03-2014, 10:35 PM
New beginnings and new recipes. :p

Well, does anyone in here want to help eat a mistake?

I wanted some beef and barley soup. It's -9 outside, I figured it would be a good soup night.While I slept, LOH and the monsters made the soup.

Or attempted to, anyway.

The package of barley had a recipe on it, looked pretty good, so they edited for what we had in the house and made dinner. Only one mistake. LOH figured that doubling the recipe would take the whole package of barley. Doubling it really only needed less than half the package.

So, what we have isn't soup, isn't stew, but it's pretty good. If anyone wants a plate/bowl whatever of the stuff, feel free!It was a handy mistake, but next time we're putting biscuits on top and finishing it in the oven.

Lady's Human
01-04-2014, 09:12 AM
And time to break in teh new deep fryer as well.

Hot, fresh donuts anyone?

Catty1
01-04-2014, 11:03 AM
LH - I understand. I thought I would add brown rice to my large batch of turkey soup.

Turns out it needed 1/2 c, not 1.5 cups....

So when I re-simmered it, the bottom got scorched instead...even the good stuff on top had that nice woodsmoke ambiance. :rolleyes:

Oh well - ketchup fixes everything, right? :D

Queen of Poop
01-04-2014, 12:41 PM
Morning all. Have the tea on if anyone's interested. Cold and snowing here. Getting tired of slogging thru snow that's already up to my knees, and they say our snowiest months are still to come!

Karen
01-04-2014, 01:00 PM
Hee hee - all sounds yummy, this nippy day I'll take some of those real doughnuts with good strong tea, thanks!

Karen
01-04-2014, 11:06 PM
Oatmeal cookies anyone? Some cooling, some still in the oven, and more to go. They are oatmeal with a bit of cinnamon, otherwise plain! There are also chocolate chocolate chip shortbread cooling - in star shapes - Epiphany is tomorrow at church. Anyone want some?

slick
01-04-2014, 11:21 PM
No cookies for me but I'll surely take a double BM??? Richard???:love:

RICHARD
01-05-2014, 12:16 PM
No cookies for me but I'll surely take a double BM??? Richard???:love:

A double BM? Garlic olives. DONE!

Let me heat up water.......Are we having a baby?:p;) I'll take a little of everything, please!

I am making jalapeno corn bread......

Done?

Lady's Human
01-05-2014, 12:25 PM
Jalapeno corn bread! I'll take some!

(The "soup"? recipe has been dubbed beef oops by the committee) The mistake is a keeper.:p

smokey the elder
01-06-2014, 09:19 AM
Sounds like the beef "oops" is more of a porridge!

At the Green Bay Packers game yesterday, they were giving out free hot drinks to the fans. Any additives were up to them.

Pouring rain and 55 F right here now; in 24 hours it's going to drop below 0 so I'll have a pre-emptive hot chocolate, please.:D

snakemama
01-06-2014, 01:24 PM
I overslept last night and woke up with a headache and a nosebleed. >.< I'd really like some hot peppermint tea with honey, please.

Karen
01-06-2014, 02:03 PM
I overslept last night and woke up with a headache and a nosebleed. >.< I'd really like some hot peppermint tea with honey, please.

Aww, I'll provide the peppermint tea, and hand over the honey bear so you can add your own desired amount!

slick
01-07-2014, 10:16 PM
Pretty quiet in here these days. Orc, get away from that lost and found. I've been in there and, trust me, you don't want to go near it.:eek:

I think I'll just have a glass of Shiraz please just to settle down. It's been a busy day.

Cathy, get better my friend. Cheers to Cathy and all that she is doing for Annie and Emma. If Gini were here, she would send you a million and one hugs.

Karen
01-08-2014, 05:43 PM
I winder if Angel pup has stirred from the couch at all since this latest cold snap in the real world! Slick, if you want a lap puppy (of about 50 pounds now) I am sure she would oblige! In fact, anyone who sits on the couch is fair game, I think, so be warned!

Just made a big mug of chai, anyone want some? I'll share! All cinnamon and cardamom and sweet and fragrant ...