PDA

View Full Version : Install F.B. Purity - Clean Up and Customize Facebook

Catty1
01-01-2014, 12:45 PM
I have used this on Firefox for Facebook for a couple of months now. No problems and it sure cleans up Facebook!

http://www.fbpurity.com/

NOTE: This does not work with Internet Explorer.

Karen
01-01-2014, 12:58 PM
What does it "clean" up? I prefer to not install unnecessary stuff ...

Catty1
01-01-2014, 04:28 PM
The extra ads and the Newsfeed or whatever it was called on the RHS of the Timeline.

Freedom
01-01-2014, 04:41 PM
I already have Ad Blocker so I don't see any ads. I don't think I need this as well?

Catty1
01-01-2014, 07:26 PM
I have AdBlocker plus, have had for quite a while. The FB Purity got rid of other stuff.

Example - when you Like something, thumbnail pictures appear underneath the post you Liked, saying you may like these other sites or whatever. They're now gone.

I suggest trying it, seeing if there is a difference you like, then uninstalling if you don't like it.

Uninstall directions are here: http://www.ehow.com/how_8716953_remove-facebook-purity-script.html

Karen
01-01-2014, 11:05 PM
I edited the link so it does not go directly to the installer, in case people want to actually read before they install something.

In general, I wish people would spend time here on Pet Talk rather than Facebook - we never clutter up threads with ads, etc., and never change privacy settings on people, etc., etc.

slick
01-01-2014, 11:26 PM
Awesome....worked like a charm for me and I use Goggle Chrome. Thx Catty.

katladyd
01-02-2014, 11:51 AM
I edited the link so it does not go directly to the installer, in case people want to actually read before they install something.

In general, I wish people would spend time here on Pet Talk rather than Facebook - we never clutter up threads with ads, etc., and never change privacy settings on people, etc., etc.

I do not use FB. As a teacher, all I need is one person sending me something questionable or something that could be misconstrued and I am out of a job! One of our administrators linked his FB page up to the school's FB page and forgot that his page contained a nude photo of his wife. If he hadn't been related to someone with power he would have been immediately fired. I love spending time here, even if I'm just lurking. Ain't nothin' better than furbabies!

phesina
01-02-2014, 01:28 PM

I don't do Facebook, I never have, and with luck I never will. Same with Twitter.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Karen
01-02-2014, 02:33 PM
We rae glad you are here with us, Pat! :)

Freedom
01-02-2014, 02:55 PM
Well Candace you convinced me -- but now I can't download it because the author has not been verified. Norton won't let it 'pass.' :rolleyes:

phesina
01-02-2014, 06:28 PM
We rae glad you are here with us, Pat! :)

I am too, Karen!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: