PDA

View Full Version : Lucy is here!

Randi
12-13-2013, 10:22 AM
This morning Lucy came, she’s a 7-year old girl. I will have her here for three weeks, while her family are travelling.

We let her out of her box in the corridor where the litterbox is, to make sure she knows where it is. The first thing she did, was to go under my bed. After her daddy had left, she came out to explore my flat. Then I gave her a catnip toy that she was crazy about it :D Later, when I was on the bed watching a programme, she came up and plumbed herself down right on top of me, face into my head. She stayed for quite some time. While I was in the kitchen, I heard BANG CRASH! :eek: Well, it seemed she had tried to jump on a high bookshelf and some things fell down. She disappeared under the bed again, but came up to lay on it when I came in. She wants a lot cuddles and I bet she’ll sleep with me tonight. :)

Here’s a few pics.

http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/attachment.php?attachmentid=57560&d=1386950670

http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/attachment.php?attachmentid=57559&d=1386950649

http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/attachment.php?attachmentid=57558&d=1386950635

http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/attachment.php?attachmentid=57557&d=1386950622

http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/attachment.php?attachmentid=57556&d=1386950606

Taz_Zoee
12-13-2013, 12:00 PM
Aww, she is adorable! That's great that she settles in easily. I'd be concerned to leave my cat in a strange (not that your place is strange :p) place. But she seems to be doing great! :D

phesina
12-13-2013, 12:17 PM
Oh my goodness, what a beautiful girl! And how nice that you get to foster her for three weeks, Randi. Her owners couldn't ask for a better home for their kitty to stay in while they travel!

And how great that she is settling in, at her own pace of course. You and she are clearly getting along just fine!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Karen
12-13-2013, 01:20 PM
Awww, she knew the minute she got there she was in a kitty friendly zone! Just didn't expect the bookshelf to bite back!

katladyd
12-13-2013, 01:23 PM
Randi, it must feel wonderful to have a kitty in residence again! She is adorable and I'm sure you guys will get along famously.:)

cassiesmom
12-13-2013, 01:58 PM
Hello, Lucy, beautiful kitty lady! What fun you are having with your carrot toy! You are in the best possible kitty sitting hands with Randi!

Scooter's Mom
12-13-2013, 02:02 PM
She is so pretty! She looks pretty comfy :)

Randi
12-13-2013, 02:45 PM
Thanks! It's amazing so easy she is. When I sit at the table, she comes and wraps herself around my legs. She has used the litterbox once, so at least she knows where it is - only a little pee puddle so far.

Gotta tell you something else... an hour after she arrived I got a msg. from Fister's vet. He had found an e-mail from me that I sent at the time I said goodbye to Fister - in a Folder other than Inbox and he had found me on FB. In Feb. he was away sick and he told me he had fallen and got a bad concusion and that he lost his ability to taste and smell. It still hasn't come back. :( I'll go visit him at the clinic one of these days. He asked if I considered getting another cat - and yes, he know how much I loved Fister and miss him. He had an orangie himself. His name is Erik Steen Larsen in case you want to see a picture of him on FB.

Freckles
12-13-2013, 02:59 PM
Randi,
would you believe there is more than one Erik Steen Larsen?
Fortunately, one is a vet. :D

Randi
12-13-2013, 03:12 PM
So there are, Freckles, but is sounds like you found the right one. He's in a white t-shirt - and his profile pic is a weird crawling animal. He's a really nice guy, though. :)

Killearn Kitties
12-13-2013, 05:32 PM
Lucy is gorgeous! I hope you and she have lots of fun for the next three weeks.
She is loving that carrot. :)

Bengalz
12-13-2013, 06:46 PM
Lucy is adorable - reminds me a little of Eve:love:. Enjoy your time with her:D!!

Catty1
12-13-2013, 08:11 PM
Lucy is so pretty - what a little nutbar with that toy! :D Enjoy!:love:

catmandu
12-14-2013, 09:31 AM
May our Great Loving Lord God above bless you and Lucy, and bless you for taking in a Mature Cat when most people want Kittens.
Mature Cats are such great adoptees as they are more settled and ready to love. We have a miix of both at the Found Cat Hotel, and love them all.:love:

lizbud
12-14-2013, 04:00 PM
Lucy is a pretty girl and looks to be a very mellow and happy kitty.:love: She might just be hard to give her back
when her owners return from their trip.:D

momoffuzzyfaces
12-14-2013, 06:16 PM
Lucy is a pretty girl and looks to be a very mellow and happy kitty.:love: She might just be hard to give her back
when her owners return from their trip.:D
I was thinking the same thing Liz!!! ;) I hope you and Lucy have a grand time together Randi!!! She'll be there for Christmas!!! Won't that be fun???? :D

Randi
12-15-2013, 05:38 AM
Lucy is doing fine. She came up in bed a couple of times during the night. This morning she crawled on top of me and settled down for a while. She's smaller than Fister, but still a little heavy so I convinced her to come under the duvet instead and she stayed there for a while. :) She doesn't eat much, still tries to persuade me that Temptations or Dreamies should be her main diet, but that doesn't work with me! I have given her some food Fister used to eat and she seems to like that better than her own - all dry food.

We played a bit this morning and I tried to brush her. She rolls over and want tummy rubs, but after a while she tends to bite. Her claws are clipped, at least. when I sit by the table, she also comes in and wraps herself around my feet. :)

She is getting familiar with my place and has been sitting in the window sill also, even a window Fister didn't use and during the night she slept part of the time in the same chair that Fister liked. So all is well.

Karen
12-15-2013, 07:57 AM
Aww, sounds nice, it must be sweet to have a kitty in the place again!

phesina
12-15-2013, 08:09 AM
Awww, how nice! Sounds like Lucy has settled right in! What a sweetie.

smokey the elder
12-16-2013, 10:07 AM
Sounds like Lucy has made herself right at home as your furry house guest.:)

cassiesmom
12-17-2013, 03:50 PM
Lucy is doing fine. She came up in bed a couple of times during the night. This morning she crawled on top of me and settled down for a while. She's smaller than Fister, but still a little heavy so I convinced her to come under the duvet instead and she stayed there for a while. :) She doesn't eat much, still tries to persuade me that Temptations or Dreamies should be her main diet, but that doesn't work with me! I have given her some food Fister used to eat and she seems to like that better than her own - all dry food.

We played a bit this morning and I tried to brush her. She rolls over and want tummy rubs, but after a while she tends to bite. Her claws are clipped, at least. when I sit by the table, she also comes in and wraps herself around my feet. :)

She is getting familiar with my place and has been sitting in the window sill also, even a window Fister didn't use and during the night she slept part of the time in the same chair that Fister liked. So all is well.

Yay, Lucy! I am sending you hugs, kisses and lovies from Chicago! xoxoxo :love:

momcat
12-18-2013, 05:30 PM
Lucy is beautiful! It sounds like all is going well and she's settling in quite nicely. Thank you for taking care of her, she couldn't be in better hands or a better home. I hope you enjoy your time together. Would you give her some lovies from me?

cassiesmom
12-31-2013, 04:37 PM
Hi, Randi and Lucy! Happy New Year!

Randi
01-02-2014, 09:21 AM
Lucy is still with me and she seems to enjoy it. :) Whenever I lay down to climbs on top of me, buries her head in my neck and settles down. She's a short cat, but built heavy.

She keeps me company in the morning when I have breakfast and I sometimes serve her treats on the table. At might she comes under my duvet and leans on my legs. However, I have to be careful not moving too much, or she will bite (gently).

New Years eve, I carried her to the bathroom, which is the quietest place, but she didn't want to be locked in there, so I let out when the worst fireworks was over and she went under the bed again - just like Fister used to.

I brought the catbed up from the cellar, but at first she wouldn’t get into it, Then I put it a different place and in she went.

Her family will be back on the 4th and they will surely want her back. I think I will miss her.

Here are a few pics:

http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/attachment.php?attachmentid=57730&d=1388674916

http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/attachment.php?attachmentid=57731&d=1388674961

http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/attachment.php?attachmentid=57732&d=1388674979

http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/attachment.php?attachmentid=57729&d=1388674896

lizbud
01-02-2014, 11:10 AM
Lucy sounds like a very sweet cat.:love: Isn't it unusual for a cat (not your own) to want to be so close & loving?
She is a special little girl. I love her torti markings.:)

mrspunkysmom
01-02-2014, 01:00 PM
I think she will miss you, too.!

redbird
01-02-2014, 01:03 PM
Lucy is adorable, she sure looks easy to fall in love with. That is why I could never foster kitties, I fall in love to easily. Your just great for doing this, hope all goes well, it looks like it's going well already.

phesina
01-02-2014, 01:22 PM
Oh, Lucy, what a beautiful girl you are! I love that two-tone tabby patterning in dilute calico colors. And what great Purrrrsonality you have!

You've made yourself right at home there, haven't you! (In Randi's heart too.)